How do I play my Merc?

derekreevs

So the title might seem odd. "If you dont know how to play your merc, then you are dumb" I get it.

But check it out, I have been gone from the game for over a year due to some military discharge stuff, and moving back from Germany to the states. I left a level 46 merc. When I came back (as a sub) I tried playing him and have noticed things have changed. When I left we were still shooting tracer missles out of our asses over and over and over and over lol.

So, I got a build off of Noxxic, (cant think of the name right now, but I am all in on the tree with tracer missle). Can someone give me the breakdown of mechanics, and how I should be going about DPS'ing? Also which companion I would be best off using? (Mako is so hot. Just saying)

I have tried jumping into some other classes, but just can't seem to stick to them. Got a SI to level 17, SA to 18, sniper to 12, and mara to 12. I want to play my merc lol. Any input is appreciated!

Alright, thanks for nothin guys.

Calm down mate.

You can't really post on a forum at 08:53 PM and then at 10:16 PM (quoting the times I see) go off in a huff because noone has answered you yet.

Relax.

As an additional tip, when on the Fleet travel to the Gav Daragon. There is a training area there with target dummies. You might want to go train a bit there as you get used to your Merc again.

Calm down mate.

You can't really post on a forum at 08:53 PM and then at 10:16 PM (quoting the times I see) go off in a huff because noone has answered you yet.

Relax.

As an additional tip, when on the Fleet travel to the Gav Daragon. There is a training area there with target dummies. You might want to go train a bit there as you get used to your Merc again.

See? Informatve and appreciated feedback. Thank you sir.

Also thank you for the guidance there Aerro :)

Edited by derekreevs

Both Aerro's and mine's guides are more-so for end-game stuff, but with leveling mobs it's pretty much tracer missile, rail shot, and unload, mixing in rapid shots for single target...Death From above, flame thrower and sweeping blasters for AoE. Make sure you take down the low hp mobs first, CC tougher mobs, then kill the elites/champions.I wouldn't overcomplicate anything while leveling.

It's quite possible it's just a gear thing for ya too, make sure to pick up gear from the planet commendations you receive as you go, keep your companion geared as well.

Edited by odawgg