Scrapper Scoundrel PvP video(s) + tips/guide

Kutsus

Another new video of an Alderaan solo que while knocking out my daily.

(may not finish uploading until around 2pm EST)

All I can say is that consumables need a nerf.

Edited by Kutsus

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another new video of an Alderaan solo que while knocking out my daily.

(may not finish uploading until around 2pm EST)

All I can say is that consumables need a nerf.

On this video I noticed that you have what it looks to be Flechette Round, what build are you using on this match?

Best,

Tetona

On this video I noticed that you have what it looks to be Flechette Round, what build are you using on this match?

Best,

Tetona

The exact same DPS build that's been in the OP since I made this thread. At this point I won't be changing up that point distribution anymore for my DPS spec unless something changes.

Stop putting music in them so we can watch them. :(

The only video that has had music since the first one I posted is the sawbones video. It was explained multiple times how to access it out of the US if you so wish. All of my other videos are without music... Do you hate in-game music or something?

The only video that has had music since the first one I posted is the sawbones video. It was explained multiple times how to access it out of the US if you so wish. All of my other videos are without music... Do you hate in-game music or something?

When you posted the link to the last video it wasn't yet accessable. So he thought it was because of music again. When it just wasn't processed yet.

So, everything is fine. Just keep on making this awesome stuff =)

Thanks for the videos and thread. I have a question about your scrapper build:

Why Shifty-eyed instead of 3/3 Brawler's Grit? How much health is 4% more endurance with your gear? Is 2% defense worth anything? The + to stealth detection probably helps you win the opening hit against other Ops/Assassins, but so far in my PvP time this just hasn't been enough of an issue for me. I was hoping you could just talk some about why you made this decision.

Secondly, Smuggled Technology instead of Scar Tissue. I notice that in most of your videos, when you go to heal, you've already stunned, mezzed, or LoS'd the player you're fighting, and you're not as likely to be taking hits. Wouldn't 4% flat damage reduction be better over all?

Thanks again. Time for me to drop armormech and get biochem up... :\

Thanks for the videos and thread. I have a question about your scrapper build:

Why Shifty-eyed instead of 3/3 Brawler's Grit? How much health is 4% more endurance with your gear? Is 2% defense worth anything? The + to stealth detection probably helps you win the opening hit against other Ops/Assassins, but so far in my PvP time this just hasn't been enough of an issue for me. I was hoping you could just talk some about why you made this decision.

Secondly, Smuggled Technology instead of Scar Tissue. I notice that in most of your videos, when you go to heal, you've already stunned, mezzed, or LoS'd the player you're fighting, and you're not as likely to be taking hits. Wouldn't 4% flat damage reduction be better over all?

Thanks again. Time for me to drop armormech and get biochem up... :\

2% defense is just a 2% higher chance for someone to whiff a big attack or CC. 2 stealth detection is absolutely essential to me, because I am very often in stealth vs stealth fights when I ninja turrets in alderaan or doors in voidstar.

The reduced pushback on heals is HUGE. Dots cause pushback and I very often find myself healing with 10% life and dots on me that I can't cleanse. In that voidstar where I heal through 2 people focusing me, it wouldn't be possible without that ability.

I've got a question concerning gear. 43 scrapper right now, with cybertech so I can make a ton of useful stuff. But what should I focus on (apart from obvious cunning+endurance). My guess is to make as high crit chance as possible. And what with crit damage, is it worth investments? Or alacrity to roll faster?

I've got a question concerning gear. 43 scrapper right now, with cybertech so I can make a ton of useful stuff. But what should I focus on (apart from obvious cunning+endurance). My guess is to make as high crit chance as possible. And what with crit damage, is it worth investments? Or alacrity to roll faster?

Surge, crit, and power in that order will usually do you very well.

What would you recommend as the tree to follow up as you are leveling to 50? Sawbones or Scrapper or a mixture?

Just go up scrapper until you have flying fists fully buffed, then get your 6% crit chance in dirty fighting. Once you hit level ~37, I would recommend respeccing and putting every single point you have back into scrapper to buff the crit dmg, then get the knockdown, for shoot first. At 40 flechette round.

Edited by Kutsus

Does the "Lucky Dodge" passive make the "Dodge" skill cure all bleeds? or only other types of effects?

I just thought of it and haven't tests to see if I can use it just prior to healing myself.

It removes all negative effects, that includes bleeds and snares/roots.

ok. is the effect of lucky dodge too important in the heat of battle to save for when you need to heal or get away?

the reason I ask is if it's something we can save to use when I want to heal, I could get away with not having 2 points to prevent pushback?

Hey Fellas - I"m lvl 17 Right Now and I"m noticing some seriously crappy energy effeciency. So bad that I was thinking of stoppping with the Scoundrel and going Sage. I'm curious, is energy efficiency and regeneration a lot better at lvl 50?? I'm tired of blowing my whad so quickly (No pun intended). What is it like at lvl 50 fellas; please explain.

Amazing video's and thanks for the talent spec. Just so you know It was your video's that brought me to the class. Great Job. Please explain though, anyone about energy regeneration, cause at lvl 17 its whack.

Hey Fellas - I"m lvl 17 Right Now and I"m noticing some seriously crappy energy effeciency. So bad that I was thinking of stoppping with the Scoundrel and going Sage. I'm curious, is energy efficiency and regeneration a lot better at lvl 50?? I'm tired of blowing my whad so quickly (No pun intended). What is it like at lvl 50 fellas; please explain.

Amazing video's and thanks for the talent spec. Just so you know It was your video's that brought me to the class. Great Job. Please explain though, anyone about energy regeneration, cause at lvl 17 its whack.

Energy regenerates at a variable rate. Keep it above 60% by weaving in attacks that require no energy, keep pugnacity up and you will find it much better.

Edited by Kutsus

Been messing around with 31 point sawbones today, using consumables just like I do in DPS spec. Highest heal with trauma debuff ACTIVE on a friendly target was a 7430 underworld medicine followed by a 4100 emergency medpac. They both hit almost instantly together, so my team mate was taken from 20% to 100% life in what appeared to my enemies to be less than a second.

With all consumables active, hots are ticking ~1.2k crits on the AOE hot, and ~2k crits on slow release.

When I have guard on me and below 30% life, I can emergency medpac (+hot ticks) heal myself with 3-4 lvl 50 DPS on me indefinitely, rotating cooldowns when needed if they spike or CC me.

Hey Kutsus,

Just wondering, what awesome gear are you wearing? :D

The Clint Eastwood hat and jacket look amazing! Is it pvp gear? Def going to lvl my scoundrel some more after wathcing your vids and reading your posts :D ty!

Cheers!:rolleyes:

That is a Champion hat and Battlemaster chest in the most recent videos. I like the look also, but it seems we're in the minority!