I don't get it when dudes play as girls in MMOs...

Ishagu

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People pay their sub (in most cases) and can play how 'they' want to play, what has it got to do with anyone else?

I'm in the boat too, Some armor models look better on female toons were as on a male toon, it'd look ridiculous...

Why?

Sure the view of the back is nicer, but how can you relate?

How can you relate to an Elf, a Dwarf or an Orc?

Sometimes it's not about relating, it's about experiencing a story from a different perspective.

Also, Lara is a woman and she is one of the most iconic characters ever created in the video games' universe.

For me, smaller figure for pvp.. Mental thing.. The smaller I look, easier I can hide from behind pillars and such. And body type 2 got that Kim kardashian booty.

^^ This too

Although I'm not a fan of the Kim Kardashian booty. I prefer petite blondes or red-heads :D

Edited by TheNahash

All but 1 of my characters are male, partly to avoid grief. Sure works. :/

It really does. And it's fun to troll people when they don't realize you're a female behind the screen and you mention having a boyfriend.

I swear more girls flirt with me on him when they think I'm a gay man. Not sure how I feel about this.

Lol.

I don't get why people play non-humans in MMORPGs.. It's so weird! I mean, you're human, so you should play a human! How do you relate?

I'm female, 4 of my characters are male, 2 are female.

Edited by chuixupu

Why?

Sure the view of the back is nicer, but how can you relate?

I don't get when people post their PC specs in their signatures.

Sure, it's a decent rig, but who cares?

Edited by Asavar

One of the questions that will forever be asked in MMOs. There are the two obvious answers, some just like to be a pervert and control a woman and stare at her, some people feel transgendered and pick what they feel their true gender is.

But there's a third which I think I personally fit into. When people play their MMO characters there's basically two types of people those that think of their character as extension of themselves and those that see their character as a different person they're basically molding their story, pretty much a "first person" and "Third person" view. I think a lot of "males playing females" fall into the third person play style, they don't see the character as themselves, and the first person people find it confusing because they think of their characters as themselves.

In my case, I always play females because I think it's really awesome to have a story about some dainty cute girl who is an absolute ******, instead of the stereotypical male hero. I also think females tend to look way cooler with animations and in armor in most games.

Most of my toons are male (male here) but some of the male voices just grate on me. The female agent and female inquisitor voices are so much more enjoyable to listen to that once I found out I deleted my male character and rerolled as a female. The drawback is I feel weird romancing as a female character.