REMOVE Bolster from level 55 warzones!

Yelloweyedemon

Bolster for 55 was only supposed to put a pve geared player right below the partisan gear level. The bolster is bugged, they are working on it. THE END. I'm more pissed that my stats are getting bolstered up even in my Conqueror/partisan set up :p That isn't supposed to happen either.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the new bolster system, it allows me to not have to grind out crazy amounts and still be able to compete against people with no life, and guess what they get spanked come here and cry.

yeah, pvp is now finally balanced, gz Bioware ftw

yeah, pvp is now finally balanced, gz Bioware ftw

And now to finish off our liberation from the yoke of gear. Add the bolster system to FP and raid content! There is no reason why I should have to put forth any effort to be competitive in those areas either.

In less than a month before 2.0 I geared two fresh 50s in fully augmented WH that were competitive enough for my liking in WZs. Yes, I did funnel sets through Legacy Armor from my main excluding MH/OH/Relics/Implants/Ear. I was still at a disadvantage for a considerable amount of time. In that time I played smarter, chose my fights carefully and increased my skill as a player in doing so.

Bolster is going to create less interest in WZs, you aren't going to need a full PvP set to do OWPvP event dailies anymore, not that you did before... but if I saw you trying to take the center Pylon on Ilum in Rakata you were about to get crushed.

PvE centric players have plenty of advantages in the content they choose to spend most of their time playing, PvP centric players should enjoy the same rewards - especially in OWPvP events.

Remove Bolster from all 55 WZs and OW areas. For those of you that share my opinion and also rolled a PvP SERVER FFS this is completely ridiculous.

OR

Leave Bolster how it is and take Expertise OFF of all the PvP gear but make the top tier PvP sets = top tier PvE sets for main stat/secondary and tertiary stats. Then the people that gear through PvP can be geared enough to run PvE content without knowing how to tank swap or stop DPS on a debuff.

This right here. I mainly pvp in this game. How is it right to those like myself that bust our asses (I mainly pug against premades) by taking the time and effort to get top pvp gear, when pve geared players can come in a match with better stats?

I really wish Bioware would tell us soon if we are going to be forced to pve in order to be competitive in warzones. As always their silence is deafening.

Edited by WardenRevan

Remove bolster from ranked, leave it in regs. Let the 'elite' pvpers have fun with their gear advantage while the rest of the server has fun stomping eachother in regs without worrying about gear disparity.

Remove it from 55 period. I pug on jedi covenant and I can tell you this, if you are in min-maxed gear and a pre-made like LD50 or Uncensored goes up against your team you will get facerolled. Gear only plays a role in a match between equally skilled players. I solo queued through some horrible matches and managed to almost get min-maxed gear for my spec before 2.0. For sage heals most of it consisted of regular WH gear. Honstly the hardest thing to get was the pve armorings i needed for it because they were going for about 640k a pop. If I was a fresh 50, a week is probably all it would have taken me to obtain all the gear I needed if I would have went balls to the wall.

TL;DR

Player skill does not equal gear and obtaining bis pvp gear takes as long as you want it to take.

Edited by WardenRevan

Oh my god..

Someone pinch me.. someone pinch me.

I mean.. as long as I have played MMO's, the most common complaint is "The PVP is unbalanced." Heck... it is even in my sig!

But now.. I go to the PVP forums and I see complaints that basicly boil down to: "The PVP is balanced! Please unbalance it again!"

This has to be a dream.. it is so silly it can't be real life. Someone pinch me!

Strange what you consider balenced, I mean that one naket around in PvP gets better stats than one with gear seems to me not very balanced.

i think if they want truly competitive pvp they have to go this route (the naked pvp thing)

remove bolster completely across the board 10-55

offer pvp vendors that sell pvp gear with 2 different sets:

1st set is free to buy and turn in as much as possible so one can change their stats how they wish to build out

2nd set is has the same stats as the first set, but costs comms, has valor requirements, and some with ranking requirements, with a greater variety of styles/colors/etc.

To facilitate this make an inventory tab with all slots unlocked for storage of your pvp only gear. Make it so that if someone came in with their pve gear equipped it was "over leveled" (like if you buy HK at lowbie stage on your toon, he is wearing lvl 51 gear and no stats are given).

I realize it could be a little annoying to have to switch gear, but at least having another tab would free up the space on regular inventory tab for your pve gear to stow, while you are pvp'ing.

This in no way represents a fix to open world pvp....but does anyone see any focus on that in this game anyway?

This right here. I mainly pvp in this game. How is it right to those like myself that bust our asses (I mainly pug against premades) by taking the time and effort to get top pvp gear, when pve geared players can come in a match with better stats?

I really wish Bioware would tell us soon if we are going to be forced to pve in order to be competitive in warzones. As always their silence is deafening.

It really does seem to me that in order to have the best gear in this game you are gonna have to be forced to PVE... That's where it seems to be heading anyways and maybe BW just didn't want to break it to the pvpers that if they want to have the best gear in this game , they will have to earn it through doing PVE raids...... and not run warzones over and over. Which sucks for me, since I pvp and hate doing op groups because of the rude pve people you encounter.

I would like to see some of these PvP balance preachers who don't want to grind and still be compettitive fight in Afghanistan for a few Days.

Show up with baggy, sagging basketball shorts and a wife beater, armed with a baseball bat, and go on a combat patrol against insurgents after not having trained for combat for a single day and expect to be competitive and have a chance to win agianst insurgants with ballistic vests and AK-47s and IEDs.

RPGs are supposed to be a simulator for your characters in their imaginary world right? You dont think you shoukd have to grind to compete in combat? Its not fair that someone who trains more thN you and gets better weapons and armor shoukd be able to beat you? There is a reason we have 8+ month training workups for combat pumps to Afghanistan. You do t just show up with no training and in civilian gear and expect to be a war hero.

Hell if it is to be fair, I think its unfair that my level 3 sith warrior cannot compete against the computer in a level 34 quest mission. Can we add a bolster so I never have to level, can always be naked, not put any time or effort into getting better but still enjoy the story of my quest storyline.

Edited by Brant_Flir

Bolster in pvp is fine just give me bolster in pve see how the pve and raiding community likes it why should you have to put 0 effort into pvp and get a reward and have to grind fp and old raids weekly to be competitive give me pve bolster and let me lolstomp scum and villainy.

Bolster in pvp is fine just give me bolster in pve see how the pve and raiding community likes it why should you have to put 0 effort into pvp and get a reward and have to grind fp and old raids weekly to be competitive give me pve bolster and let me lolstomp scum and villainy.

To me I never understood why they nerfed pvp armor, I personal think they should both be viable in either situation. The difference will be in skill, some folks can run operations and are awesome but they don't have the ability to play in pvp well, same would go for a pvper in a pve op. I honestly never understood why they wanted to remove the effectiveness of pvp gear. Neither requires much time to get, both are just grinds of about the same time investment. I would love if they made them equivalent then I wouldn't need 2 sets of gear to do the two things I love the most in this game.

yeah, bolster will not make person equal to top tier pvp gear (it's bugged now, but that is not the point), and you can kick people out of ops group by voting.

also, most people over gear pve content, and it would be very funny to see how people would wipe when it would be skill only...

They're not going to remove it. At least not for a long while.

Even @ 55, the Bolster system encourages more people to PvP since the gear gap has been reduced to the point of non-existence. Players won't need fully modded/optimized gear sets to be competitive in ranked PvP now, and even the "elite" players should have the foresight to see that.

There has been very little interest in ranked teams for a long time. Inexperienced teams are still going to get stomped for awhile, but at least the 2.0 system encourages them to keep trying without having to worry about gear grinding.

It was a sad attempt of copying other games that do this. Its not working in swtor. The devs have no clue how to do it and it's obvious. Take a look at guild wars 2. The bolster system is perfectly flawless. WHile the game might be just slightly better than TOR, they consistently come out with content and the system as i said. Is flawless. They need to go back to gear. Changing your system a year after launch is gonna kill th egame. Look at what happened to SWG when they changed the system.

Naked bolster is the main problem, it has to be fixed. The other thing is that bolster system can not let people be on par with people with full partisan.

Otherwise there is no reason for partisan/conqueror to exist, just remove it from the game. And lets all do pvp with pve gear and let skill decide the matches(wich imo it's not bad at all)

But if there is any gear that is pvp oriented, it has to give an advantage(on pvp) to people who bothered geting it. It's simple logic.

Naked bolster is the main problem, it has to be fixed. The other thing is that bolster system can not let people be on par with people with full partisan.

Otherwise there is no reason for partisan/conqueror to exist, just remove it from the game. And lets all do pvp with pve gear and let skill decide the matches(wich imo it's not bad at all).

Yesterday I had created a post that say the same things, people insults me saying that I think only for myself (50 lvl) or saiyng that I must sucks in WZ to suggest something like this.

Today in all the forums is plenty of people saying the same things.

They can do groups of 10 levels each, remove bolster end expertise and let the stats rule the game.

ATM PvP is ridiculous and useless.

I will not buy add-on if Bioware wil remove bolster on 55 level. If you want so much unbalanced game, ask Bioware to remove it from rating warzones but not from 55 level. Because i want balance that we have now, but not grinding game in PVP that was early. I just want to obtain pleasure from game.

I am sure you guys will be nerded out in 55wz before long and it will be back to gear based skill once again. At least pvp is fun for people without 50000 hours of playtime for a while...maybe some people will actually stay longer.

This game went nearly dead, in no small part, because of the wildly imbalanced pvp at 50.

lol@thisguy.

i have no problem with the bolster system if it would be implemented with atleast some sense

new pvp top tier 5% > second pvp tier 10% > new pve top tier = o slightly > old pvp top tier > lower pve tiers =/> old secondary pvp tier > old pve tiers > naked (~25% weaker than beeing in top pvp equip)

[and because of fainess add the same system to pve with changed pvp<> pve places too]

but thats not given currently wich is utter nonsense.

Edited by Tankqull