Send a crew member after Fibrous Nylite Solution?

Telv

Two questions:

1. Why on earth are there missions costing 200credits available to search for 15 of an item that I can buy from a vender for 10credits each? Am i missing something? Do these have a higher chance or proc'ing something amazing?

2. Is there no search function on these forums or is my browser screwing it up? I've looked all over the page, I tried chrome and firefox and I obviously have a couple issues with things not loading properly but I can't find anything that says Search or an empty box anywhere on my screen... this seems rediculous, I know, and I'm sorry...

Thanks

1 I think it was a filler mission and so you could get some with out going to town

2 I think they dissabled it for launch

Nope, I just ran a Fibrous Nylite Solution quest, though I didn't know you could buy it. I wont be wasting my time on that mission now though. Thanks for the info OP.

Yeah, it's nice that they offer it, because if you don't feel like running back to town it gives you an alternative, but it is a waste of money and they should make more of an effort to balance it out, so that the cost of using it is only slightly more than the value of the materials you get. Keep in mind, it's not as much of a rip as it seems, since you're at least skilling up that crew skill. I seem to remember when they first added these missions they only rewarded 1-2 of them, which was much worse of a ripoff.

• 4 weeks later...
I found that in later on levels, it's worth sending grew on crafting material missions like that, especially the ones that cost 100-200 credits. They get much more than it costs if you have the 20 minutes to spare for a crew member and you're picking Rich or Bountiful only.

Also for anyone actually leveling their crafting skill not having to hit homebase is quite good.

Even at 50 I now have to grind somewhere around 17 dailies on different planets on top of my Ilum daily and Warzone daily. Taking time to visit a trading vendor is just a luxury some of us rarely have.

And that's not counting evenings where the guild does hardmode dailies and raids.

I could of course do it when I deliver pvp-dailies but I usually forget in the crazy nerdrage from gaining another 6 Centurion commendations.

I found that in later on levels, it's worth sending grew on crafting material missions like that, especially the ones that cost 100-200 credits. They get much more than it costs if you have the 20 minutes to spare for a crew member and you're picking Rich or Bountiful only.

I agree.

Most of the time, the higher level rich-bountiful missions give out more items for less than buying at a vendor.