Change Frontline Medic and Probe Medic

Frontline Medic is a complete waste as a talent and sucks that we have to take it to get to Probe Medic. Ive been pvping since patch to see if it has improved enough for me to make use of it since I am forced to take it now. It is still useless for PvP and has no use for PvE at all. It is still better for you to cast something else than to Hammer Shot opponents for extra ticks from Trauma Probe. Its also too much of a risk to take a chance of breaking a CC in PvP. I dont understand why you would put something like this so high up in the tree and then attatch it to a useful talent that pretty much forces us to take it. You would think with the new trees they would take the opportunity to get rid of this talent or at least redesign it since it has no use for PvE and pretty much no use in PvP.

Frontline Medic is a complete waste as a talent and sucks that we have to take it to get to Probe Medic. Ive been pvping since patch to see if it has improved enough for me to make use of it since I am forced to take it now. It is still useless for PvP and has no use for PvE at all. It is still better for you to cast something else than to Hammer Shot opponents for extra ticks from Trauma Probe. Its also too much of a risk to take a chance of breaking a CC in PvP. I dont understand why you would put something like this so high up in the tree and then attatch it to a useful talent that pretty much forces us to take it. You would think with the new trees they would take the opportunity to get rid of this talent or at least redesign it since it has no use for PvE and pretty much no use in PvP.

Try holding a node solo and hammer shotting to gain extra procs on med probe. Hammer shotting a friendly while both of you take damage to rebuild ammo and still heal both of you. It's not an awesome talent and I wouldn't take it if I didn't have to, but make the most of it.

Try holding a node solo and hammer shotting to gain extra procs on med probe. Hammer shotting a friendly while both of you take damage to rebuild ammo and still heal both of you. It's not an awesome talent and I wouldn't take it if I didn't have to, but make the most of it.

Im pretty sure Frontline Medic only works if you Hammer Shot enemies. So it doesnt do anything if you Hammer Shot friendlies. Atleast thats what the talent says. Ive never tested it out because I thought the explanation on the talent was pretty clear.

Have you tried that? Because it doesn't work like that, unless it's not functioning as written.

I find it pretty useful in PvP, personally, but it is worthless in PvE.

I think they should make it L shaped, personally. Another alternative would be to make it so the skill works for everyone. When you put trauma probe on someone, their basic attacks will cause trauma probe to proc. I think that would make it useful and I wouldn't hate wasting skill points on it.

They should just make the frontline medic perk ability to put healing probe on YOU and a 1 other friendly target. Aka you can always have 1 probe healing you and a 2nd probe to any other friendly. Now it would be *frontline* medic.

They should just make the frontline medic perk ability to put healing probe on YOU and a 1 other friendly target. Aka you can always have 1 probe healing you and a 2nd probe to any other friendly. Now it would be *frontline* medic.

i was actually discussing this with someone in my guild, and that was his suggestion.

my question is, now that trauma probe costs ammo (even with the buffs from the new talent), why is it limited to one person at a time? (of course this has been the case for over a year now)

i think at the very least something should be done. frontline medic seems only good for solo content / dailies with a friend and some companions or something.

Edited by oaceen

i was actually discussing this with someone in my guild, and that was his suggestion.

my question is, now that trauma probe costs ammo (even with the buffs from the new talent), why is it limited to one person at a time? (of course this has been the case for over a year now)

i think at the very least something should be done. frontline medic seems only good for solo content / dailies with a friend and some companions or something.

While questing alone, frontline medic can be useful, but in all end content it is completely useless and a waste of talent points

On PvP it's a game changer for me or to my friend who plays dps vanguard. Either the trauma probe gives enough time for me to heal other players aswell or when his in a cluster **** getting focus fired the trauma probe buys enough time to cast those medical probes. I don't remember but I think with my current crappy gear the trauma probe ticks over 1K (just a guess, I have no idea). I'm sure with better gear it could be bigger heals but with 13 charges on it means it's able to at least on 1vs1 situation give at least 13K HP, assuming that it can keep up with the dps.

I really think we should be able to cast trauma probe onto ourself and to another random friendly target. I mean scoundrels have slow release med packs that stack twice, and sages have force armor. Why can't commando at least have 2 deployable trauma probes ? Trauma probe is besically a skill that helps healer commando out on a single target healing, but it alone won't do much good at all.

They could add also a small ''special'' effect for trauma probe aswell, maybe that periodic damage effects on target are 15% weaker or that each charge has the ability to clean 1 DoT from the target that can only happend once every 5sec etc.

Edited by ArchArcher