Approaches to Healing in 2.0

Pilgrim_Grey

Hey, all, wondering how to roll with the changes in 2.0. I'm aware they're not necessarily enough, but I want to make the most of what I have--and I'm still having fun in my 20s right now.

Any thoughts on how I should proceed would be great, but I'm wondering about a few things. Is Bacta Infusion worth working all the way up to? I'm assuming so, but there are enough powers out there in other trees that I might want to reach for that make me wonder, especially since Frontline Medic is required to get to Probe Medic. :(

Also, does tech critical chance affect our heals? I'm assuming so, but I wanted to be sure before reaching to Special Munitions. I'm also debating Target Lock and Steadied Aim since I like to PVP besides PVE and want to do at least some DPS as needed.

Hey, all, wondering how to roll with the changes in 2.0. I'm aware they're not necessarily enough, but I want to make the most of what I have--and I'm still having fun in my 20s right now.

Any thoughts on how I should proceed would be great, but I'm wondering about a few things. Is Bacta Infusion worth working all the way up to? I'm assuming so, but there are enough powers out there in other trees that I might want to reach for that make me wonder, especially since Frontline Medic is required to get to Probe Medic. :(

Also, does tech critical chance affect our heals? I'm assuming so, but I wanted to be sure before reaching to Special Munitions. I'm also debating Target Lock and Steadied Aim since I like to PVP besides PVE and want to do at least some DPS as needed.

1) Bacta Infusion is invaluable for CM's. It is our only "Free" heal, no ammo and insta-cast. Think "Holy Shock" for Paladins in WoW. You wouldn't be an effective healer without it.

2) Frontline Medic is effective if it is properly utilized, however you are right, it is only taken to allow for Probe Medic. Make the best of it though, Jesus-beam ally's during low healing stress, tick that probe, and build your super-charged cells(SC) in the process. This will be crucial for you to...

3) Help DPS targets. I would stress that Commando Medics are very underpowered in healing compared to other classes and wouldn't suggest sacrificing healing power/efficiency for a couple hundred more damage. Work with what you have, when people are CC'd and not much damage is going out for you to heal, pop SC and free-cast FA and CB. That way you can help pressure enemy healers but not use any ammo and can still be an effective healer.

Hope this helps, I will have a 2.0 Medic video guide out hopefully before launch.

Cheers.

Thanks, that all helps. I'm also wondering about alacrity in 2.0. Will it be more worth going for? I've thought I would want to avoid it because I have enough endurance issues already (though that's to be expected in the low 20s before I have many talents beyond kolto bomb). I haven't been able to find much on how Alacrity is changing specifically to know how it's going to work for Commandos. It sounds like you want it now and after 2.0 for those times you have to cast a lot in a short amount of time, but I like to know specifically how things are working.

*added*

Like in this possible build, it seems okay, except for some decisions about alacrity (depending on how much I want to add). I would maybe want to get First Responder and Weapon Calibrations, or not even bother with those and keep the slight boosts to my offense from Target Lock and Steadied Aim.

Edited by Pilgrim_Grey
Added Build