The Most Popular Guide is Back! (Arsenal PvE)

Aerro

My best dps was done with me chain casting TMs, and then either letting a TM hit after barrage proc'd followed by a railshot/HSM or rapid shots, or in another case cancelling my current TM cast (no GCD if you cancel) and then using unload immediatly.

I took a look at my parse and the delay when cancelling was close to 0.6 seconds every time consistently.

Here's a parse for you all to take a look at, this is my best -------> PRE 2.0.<------

http://www.torparse.com/a/174451/time/1364523304/1364523608/0/Overview

Very nice parse, only 4 off my best! http://www.torparse.com/a/100276

But goes to show there's more than one way to skin a cat. I dabbled in cancelling TM and go into unload if proc'd but found the queue trick easier, but good to know if you can master that way it can be just as good!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the parse Knopik.

2 ways to increasing your Barrage to Unload ratios: (pre-2.0 parses but the method remains the same)

60 / 220 = 27% for Knopik using stopcasting method below vs

64 / 244 = 26% for Captain using bulleted list and ability action q set to 1.0

Just to reiterate you want your percentage to be as LOW AS POSSIBLE. One way to min-maxing your DPS is to aim for the lowest percentage possible because that means you are increasing the number of Unloads in the same amount of time (5-min dummy practice tests).

For example:

50 Barrage / 200 Unloads = 25 %

50 Barrage / 100 Unloads = 50 %

The guy with the lower percentage wins. Obviously he did 100 more Unloads and thus will do more DPS.

Was done with me chain casting TMs, and then either letting a TM hit after barrage proc'd followed by a railshot/HSM or rapid shots, or in another case cancelling my current TM cast (no GCD if you cancel) and then using unload immediatly. I took a look at my parse and the delay when cancelling was close to 0.6 seconds every time consistently.
Cast TM

Queue Unload

Tap TM right after TM finishes

It will not interrupt unload if timed properly

Edited by paowee

First of all you're comparing apples to oranges. Mercenary's Unload hits 6 times, Commando's Full Auto hits 3 times (no offhand).

2ndly Barrage:Unload ratio is almost always going to be consistent...since you generally only use unload when it procs, it will sometimes fall off cd before unload procs, but not very often....You're not disecting the data properly cuz you're not a mercenary. Let's get off this topic.

Edited by odawgg

First of all you're comparing apples to oranges. Mercenary's Unload hits 6 times, Commando's Full Auto hits 3 times (no offhand).

2ndly Barrage:Unload ratio is almost always going to be consistent...since you generally only use unload when it procs, it will sometimes fall off cd before unload procs, but not very often....You're not disecting the data properly cuz you're not a mercenary. Let's get off this topic.

You're right.

Looking at the Merc parses the points were correct though am i right? Pls correct those too if those were wrong. I'm looking at Mercenaries and curious how this class works so i'm posting here. If the analysis is wrong, and like you mentioned # of hits is different between the 2 AC's Commando and Mercs, then thank you for promptly pointing that out. The Commando parses have been removed.

EDIT: The discussion was fruitful but i do understand your tone :rolleyes:

Edited by paowee

He's right about commandos, hits 3 times instead of the merc's 6. But this is the merc forum so...*shrug*

And yeah...that parse...if you can believe it, was done without adrenals. Lol...can't believe how many adrenals i wasted to bad RNG, so I just stopped using them altogether.

I definitely want to reiterate about the stopcasting method. I didn't do it ALL the time...it's a matter of heat at the time of the proc. How much you have and how many things you have on cooldown determined my next action...whether it be rapid shot, rail shot/HSM or a cancel.

I really wanna give captaincoke's method a shot though...seems worth it.

Thanks for this discussion guys, gave me some needed insight :p

He's right about commandos, hits 3 times instead of the merc's 6. But this is the merc forum so...*shrug*

And yeah...that parse...if you can believe it, was done without adrenals. Lol...can't believe how many adrenals i wasted to bad RNG, so I just stopped using them altogether.

I definitely want to reiterate about the stopcasting method. I didn't do it ALL the time...it's a matter of heat at the time of the proc. How much you have and how many things you have on cooldown determined my next action...whether it be rapid shot, rail shot/HSM or a cancel.

I really wanna give captaincoke's method a shot though...seems worth it.

Thanks for this discussion guys, gave me some needed insight :p

Yup I understood that from your initial post and it's the same with the other method. Unload only has priority over TM, so both methods are only used when the other abilities are on cd and heat allows. Use those adrenals! lol even with bad RNG it will increase your deeps. They expensive though I think I make/buy about 30-50 a week for raiding and dummy beating.

You're right.

Looking at the Merc parses the points were correct though am i right? Pls correct those too if those were wrong. I'm looking at Mercenaries and curious how this class works so i'm posting here. If the analysis is wrong, and like you mentioned # of hits is different between the 2 AC's Commando and Mercs, then thank you for promptly pointing that out. The Commando parses have been removed.

EDIT: The discussion was fruitful but i do understand your tone :rolleyes:

Well I'm guessing you did a ctrl+F on the log, that will count "gains barrage" and "loses barrage" so technically it's half the values you have there. And then you'd want to divide the unloads by 6 (this will get you close, sometimes only 5 hits for unload if you cut it off short trying to get the next ability off). So you can still compare one log to another that way, but the actual results are a little off. Technically they'd be about 30/37ish and 31/42ish if you want to get them right. And then, you'd actually want this ratio to be as high as possible, not as low as possible. So you were a bit off haha.

All that being said, these ratios will be affected by RNG to a great deal. So as you can see, Knop's RNG on barrage procs was luckier, but didn't use adrenals which is probably "part" of the reason it accomplished roughly the same output. Any class that relies on a proc for maximum dps output is going to have massive RNG effect on it's performance. But the overall point is to get as many barrage procs as possible while you're higher priority abilities are on cd, yes.

Edited by odawgg

2ndly Barrage:Unload ratio is almost always going to be consistent...since you generally only use unload when it procs

Doing it wrong.

Unload is still a ton of damage even when it doesn't proc, and using it when it hasn't proc'd yet does NOT prevent you from using it the next time it procs.

Use Unload every time it's available, period, proc or no proc. Your DPS will go up and your heat management will get better.

Doing it wrong.

Unload is still a ton of damage even when it doesn't proc, and using it when it hasn't proc'd yet does NOT prevent you from using it the next time it procs.

Use Unload every time it's available, period, proc or no proc. Your DPS will go up and your heat management will get better.

I'm in agreement with you, i just said generally it will proc before it comes off cd, not always. You can see from my parse I used unload about 25% (11/42) of the time unproc'd. Perhaps I used the term "generally" too liberal.

Edited by odawgg

I'm in agreement with you, i just said generally it will proc before it comes off cd, not always. You can see from my parse I used unload about 25% (11/42) of the time unproc'd. Perhaps I used the term "generally" too liberal.

Yeah, sorry. I read that as "only use it when it procs", which is wrong.

Yeah, sorry. I read that as "only use it when it procs", which is wrong.

I read it the same as you did before, but I read over it again just to make sure because I was sure he was understanding that Unload is a DPS increase no matter what proc is up.