2.0 Hoodstar Merc hybrid spec VIABLE FOR RWZ

MrGrzecka

I'm looking into trying this for getting Rancor on my commando.

U may as well do this kind of thing since so many sages are solo q'ing as hybrid.

Will post results when I'm done

I can confirm that hybrid commando heals/middle tree will work for current patch in solo que ranked.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This spec keeps on surprising me, just ran in Fessia on 2.7 PTS and hes even better than before using this build. Very broken.

I can also confirm that in the super secret 2.8 PTS I tried out this build and it wins!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys ive been theory crafting alot about mercs in pvp and people always complain about utility and their damage. So after testing a bunch of specs I figured one out that is going to be very strong for ranked pvp.

Introducing the Hoodstar hybrid : http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/mercenary/229/?build=002320121211003200100000000000000203023002100000000000000000000003200320011000000000000000000000&ver=20

I played alot of ranked on the pts with this spec and I was topping dmg or close and getting 2nd-3rd heals. You run combat support cylinder for offheals with rapid shots and you get 30 stacks of overcharged gas to burst dps /heal somebody you also pick up kolto shell for awesome utilty and heals you get trace missile and IM missile for burst damage. This spec you would play similar to a Lethality Sniper you would load target up with dots in this builds case (IM Missile Explosive Dart, Tracermissile, unload and if you have 30 stacks of overcharged gas power shot this target will die only class that will survive this is Marauders undying rage and sorc OP BUBBLE. And also its like having 3 healers but 10000x better sense you have great damage and amazing heals.

Utility

Afterburners root with rocket punch and longer knock back with jetboost this is what merc healers need! and they get it with this spec.

IM Missile for loading targets up and putting it on tanks also great peels.

Kolto Shell- Excellent healing shield it works great to put on melee or you're self/healers.

Over charged gas- AMAZING HEALS AND DAMAGE.

In this spec you have the freedom to switch between cylinders and with 2% alacrity talent you have the benefit of juke casting alot more.

Also this spec is excellent for 1v1

USE THIS HYBRID BEFORE IT GETS NERFED HAVE FUN KIDS CREDIT THE HOODSTAR HYBRID.

Nice some1 having thoughts about something else than smash or gank hider, but:

I'm afraid to say. Forget your merc, only frustrating when getting ganked over and over by the same "i roll my face over the keyboard"-classes.

Do a smash monkey or gank assassin, or only do pve.

why did you necro this thing?

My hope is to spare a player from hours and hours of being getting ganked by low geared, low skilled FOTM class players.

If he likes the pvp in this game, better do the right class, because nothing has changed since 2011.

Experienced players know this is the right way.

Have fun

My hope is to spare a player from hours and hours of being getting ganked by low geared, low skilled FOTM class players.

If he likes the pvp in this game, better do the right class, because nothing has changed since 2011.

Experienced players know this is the right way.

Have fun

Check you dates, this guy posted this a year ago.

Also in case you didn't realize this is a troll thread.

Plus mercs are getting buffed and melee are getting nerfed so whats your point again?

Edited by Zoom_VI