2.0 Hoodstar Merc hybrid spec VIABLE FOR RWZ

MrGrzecka

There has only ever been one viable hybrid spec for the BH/Trooper class, and it was nerfed LONG ago: Carolina Parakeet.

Since that thread, there have been dozens of goofy-named hybrid specs making their way onto the forums by theorycrafters and experimental players who have tried their luck and thought they've come up with something better. They haven't. Not yet, at least. Arsenal is a good tree, so why gimp it by going hybrid at all? Bodyguard, same thing. There is nothing gained with this spec at all, only gimping two otherwise decent specs.

Pick one.

Edited by TheronFett

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with this spec is, whether your trying to heal or do DPS, a full Arsenal build or full Bodyguard build will perform better.

That's pretty much the thing right there. If you healed for 50% of the time, and DPSed for the other 50% of the time; you will not be doing even half the healing or half the DPS of an entire match that you would had you had a full tree dedicated either way to give you more of a boost to each ability.

That said; back before field respec; I did like a mix of pyro with bodyguard when I was PUGging my way up the levels as it would let me adapt to what was needed more in a warzone. Even then; it was not the strongest thing and probably would not work out well in end game. Now, with field respec; I don't see much of a point. Just determine what your team needs and do it. Switch once and stay there.

• 3 months later...
I couldn't believe it till I tried this spec on my commando. Feel like it's even better on pub side because I don't get tunneled anymore since I don't spam green beams.

I have to agree, my brand new mando with 26k hp is performing like a fully geared mando while using this spec. Its awesome.

/signed

Ive seen multiple teams run hood star in 2.4 arenas. very strong when paired with a sniper dps and operative healer. Every top team is running hoodstar merc/commando.

You always interrupt the wrong thing cause they are always juke casting you

Edited by irojoz

This is easily the best post of this thread.

Seconded. I saw the gif of this before the vid and I had no idea when or where Boba Fett danced like this haha

edit: also, as much as i hate hybrid merc builds, i feel compelled to try this when i finally get some free time

Edited by PhatMcMuffins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Bump for hoodstar

Fessia #1 commando on leaderboards uses hoodstar

I'm surprised more commandos aren't running this broken spec. It's like having an extra healer with higher burst/dps than a full assault commando. I have not lost a single game in group 4s or solo all season while using this build, even with my trash teammates.

Edited by twickz