2.0 Hoodstar Merc hybrid spec VIABLE FOR RWZ

MrGrzecka

Yup, he is obviously oblivious to the recent PTS ranked matches and their results. Nostrum from Red Eclipse (pve server zomg) did run 8 hybrid mercs tho, so it's not hard to see how they kicked so much ***.

Nostrum dolus was infact using a hybrid commando. Hey im mvp was using a hybrid merc and im pretty sure they won the majority of the pts ranked.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nostrum's DPS was/is 2 Sents, 1 VG and 1 GS. Not that it's relevant, I was responding to the guy who assumed that the top people on pvp servers would beat the top people on pve servers. I only threw in the 'hybrid merc' line so as to be vaguely near the actual topic.

This spec truly does seem like it could be great, not just for utility, but to punish all the fotm's!

I may very well have to put my commando back in, just to test this gem of a tribrid out!

"I got the sickest flow, not even advil can cure this cold."

wait what? i have an elite warhero merc that wouldn't scratch a sin (you know a good one that knows how to play the class) are you telling me thats about to change?

Trust me, madness is not a very good 1v1 spec, not that I cant beat a good chunk of players with it but nice little zing in there.

Hate to say it man but this spec is garbage.

You will be ineffective at:

1) Healing - With as many interrups as there are out there, merc healers ABSOLUTELY RELY on their top tier talent. Currently in 2.0, full spec merc heals are already struggling so this will be even worse.

2) DPS - You are not high enough in any tree to take abilities that buff crit damage for your attacks. Now yes, crit will be nerfed in 2.0; however, those crit dmg bonuses are vital to every dps merc spec. Add to this the fact that you are not high enough in any tree to pick up any dps synergy for your attacks (ie no PPA). There are no hybrid dps specs that can get away without taking some of these high tier dps talents.

3) Heat management - if running heal cylinder, you will be sorely missing the talents that reduce ammo cost for rapid scan, you did not take any heat reduction in AP cylinder so nothing going there, and when in CG Cylinder, the combination of Incendiary missle and only one point into superheated rail means your heat will rise crazy fast.

Conclusion - The merc class is already SEVERELY gimped in pvp. These guys counter no one and have attacks that are easily interrupted and easy to shut down. This spec will take your already difficult job and make it nigh impossible. Maybe you can do ok in pug matches, but who really cares about that

it is deathfield crits for like 4k and maul hits for like 5k..

I'll give you deathfield, but duplicity is being taken away from madness, so maul will not crit for that much, and I'd love for you to find one sensible sin who would spend half their resource on it. As for the merc hybrid: I've tried hybrids on my merc. I've been playing my merc as my main since early access. And, I can tell you, dps merc hybrids just don't work. All the abilities are to dependant on one another to outperform a full spec with a hybrid. The only merc hybrid I have EVER seen work is run by a brilliant merc in my guild, and its a Bodyguard/Pyro hybrid. I consider myself to be a skilled mercenary, but only he seems to be able to make it work. He's basically DPS with excellent survivability. Other than that hybrid, I don't think any others would really work. I'm not trying to bash you, I just don't see it performing better than a pure spec.

I know this dropped off the first page, but I've since tried a version of this on live and was impressed with the results. I've attached a video, pay special attention to the rotation used.

Pretty sure you are using the wrong cylinder.

I know this dropped off the first page, but I've since tried a version of this on live and was impressed with the results. I've attached a video, pay special attention to the rotation used.

ok, I know i was really skeptical of this spec, but after seeing this video, i've changed my mind.

this will clearly be the counter to smashers and snipers.

Why even bother specking into supercharged gas, your healing cell charges will disappear when u "stance dance" lol. 2/2 instead of 1/2 in critical reaction = fail, same for power barrier, no reduced pushback on heal casts....., and of course just the overall stupidity of a merc tribrid. Good troll.

I stand corrected. That was way smoother stance dancing than I'd have thought possible. What was your talent build?