Why is my merc so weak?

SNUGGLEMITTIN

I have him at level 42 with only 7900 hp. Now I have seen people with lower levels with better hp than me. Is this because they have several characters or am i not finding the right armor? I just got to Quesh and I understand that I am 6 levels higher than I need to be. But if I go with anyone other than Mako I die with relative ease. Edited by SNUGGLEMITTIN

because the developers hate merc. Its the only logical explanation, this class is so cool idk why the devs don't love it like the players do. I tried powertech since it is strong but its just not as cool as merc with 30meter range and 2 guns, pt needs another gun or a bigger one Lol... the one pistol looks pathetic when compared to a trooper or merc. Edited by MarkXXIV

I have him at level 42 with only 7900 hp. Now I have seen people with lower levels with better hp than me. Is this because they have several characters or am i not finding the right armor? I just got to Quesh and I understand that I am 6 levels higher than I need to be. But if I go with anyone other than Mako I die with relative ease.

Those people were likely melee DPS, tank or healers and not ranged.

You should not be having problems with your Merc at level 42. Mako is probably your best companion, but others should be viable as well. Mobs don't interrupt or use stun/mezz efficiently so really you should not be having issues, particularly if you are 6 level above the recommended for any quest.

Op: prolly your gearing/talents if it's your numbers. Also, shoot to gear for numbers of other mercs. Everything else is skill and support.

For the the dood I quoted, you made a gross over-statement. Devs don't love/hate anything. Its just that people like sabers and at this point in your career, you cant handle playing against other classes unless everything is absolutely controlled for. A lot of people have this problem. It will change for you at some point though when you gain more skill/experience.

I'll gladly rock despite classes not being balance

No class is unbeatable, you will die, deal with it

because the developers hate merc. Its the only logical explanation, this class is so cool idk why the devs don't love it like the players do. I tried powertech since it is strong but its just not as cool as merc with 30meter range and 2 guns, pt needs another gun or a bigger one Lol... the one pistol looks pathetic when compared to a trooper or merc.
Edited by ubermouth

Having low health doesn't make you weak, infact it usually means your important stats are high up, unless you're just very undergeared / they are overgeared.

The new +41 endurance crystals from CM have made pre50 health ranges quite drastic. My Sage for example has +41 End mainhand and offhand crystals along with some purple armourings, at level 24 I have near 6k health, and I've seen level 29s with under 5.5k.

EDIT: Actually yes, you're in need of gear upgrades. My marauder has nearly 12k health at level 43, though he does have +41 end MH and OH, but that's only 1k health (let's just say 1k) and all my other gear is from the level 40 PvP vendor, so I'm still a good 4-5k health over you. You must be using like level 30 green gear or something.

Edited by WaldoA

Having low health doesn't make you weak, infact it usually means your important stats are high up, unless you're just very undergeared / they are overgeared.

The new +41 endurance crystals from CM have made pre50 health ranges quite drastic. My Sage for example has +41 End mainhand and offhand crystals along with some purple armourings, at level 24 I have near 6k health, and I've seen level 29s with under 5.5k.

EDIT: Actually yes, you're in need of gear upgrades. My marauder has nearly 12k health at level 43, though he does have +41 end MH and OH, but that's only 1k health (let's just say 1k) and all my other gear is from the level 40 PvP vendor, so I'm still a good 4-5k health over you. You must be using like level 30 green gear or something.

Or he is seriously maxing out aim. Yesterday j finished leveling my Merc and at 42 I was sitting at about 10K but I had a mix of Commando and Reflex armorings and mods. I was a little behind because you end up out leveling gear easily over these double xp weekends but not by a huge margin either. Though I would be willing to believe that he may be a bit under geared as well, possibly running with greens as you suggested.