Tales from <50

ubermouth

Seems like the fashionable thing to do is belly-ache when you don't get advantage, and say everyone is the worst player that you've ever played with. Seems like a lot of these individuals expect to be carried as a lot of them don't demonstrate contribution in the quality of their play, or even in the total stats at game end.

So much of this game is about people complaining about the same things. It's pathological. Whining about class difference, crying about being on the worst team ever, complaining about complainers. On the other side of the coin, there is a real issue that skilled individuals can prevail in a reasonable amount of 1v1 despite class difference. Skilled players recognize that many wz are about rhythm and that whoever gets ahead in tempo, has a good shot at a win. Yet, many belly-achers act like its a rare phenomenon for a team to get ahead on tempo pretty quickly into the match; getting ahead can be because of luckier composition, better gear/available skills, more organization, or better dueling skills. People act like you can control for everything, every time, right off the bat in a pug <50.

Of course, you should play with reason to prevent this from happening as best as possible, however, you don't blow a gasket when it does as it can be common in disorganized <50.

Conversely, it is frustrating when a team doesn't seem to learn how to adjust, as skilled players should be able to adjust, more or less, despite having been disorganized at the onset.

I wish it was more fashionable for players to develop effective ways for quickly organizing a pug during the opener.

Edited by ubermouth

Someone called me the worst PvPer and put on me ignore the other day for not using CC. Never mind at the beginning of the round when he reminded everyone to use it I pointed out as a lvl 20 Sent I don't have any yet. But we lost and it was my fault for not CCing people. Sorry guys!

So that player was an ignorant communicator.

There are a lot of "communicator-types" that play in wz. Some of these types play well, and communicate reasonably useful information during the match. However, there are others that are just looking to fit in, so they spam chat with same cliché talking-points they've picked-up along the way.

It's always so much cooler when someone communicates something of value, and demonstrates that they have basic skills, and that they play for the team. You always see them in the mix, doing stuff right for the situation. Those are the people. There should be an opposite feature of "ignore". It should be like" props" or something. You'd accrue 'em.

It would also be great to then have a pre-screen for chat and group finder pairings:: screening people based on 'props'-value. Weed out the belly-aching, low-skill'd from group fnder and general chat.

Someone called me the worst PvPer and put on me ignore the other day for not using CC. Never mind at the beginning of the round when he reminded everyone to use it I pointed out as a lvl 20 Sent I don't have any yet. But we lost and it was my fault for not CCing people. Sorry guys!
Edited by ubermouth