How Much Have You Spent on Cartel Coins?

Berronaxftw

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the CM came out: $25.

$20 for the one-time 50% off sale when they introduced in-game purchasing.

$5 during one of the hourly sale days when I didn't quite have enough left for the last sale I wanted (Ashfall Tauntaun Mount, if I remember correctly).

With that $25, my monthly stipend (plus Security Key) and credits, I've gotten to Legend on all the CM Reputations except I.C.E. (3/4 to Champion and counting on that one, the Nightlife Pack armors ate up a lot of credits), have about 70-75% of all the CM armors (don't have an exact count from the Collections Menu because I have three cargo bays full of them waiting to be sent to future characters I want them to be available for without worrying about Unlock costs), a nice assortment of mounts and mini-pets, and I think 45 Cartel Certificates now (after just buying the Meditation Hoverchair for 10 last week when I finished the JK class story). Which is why I tend to roll my eyes a bit whenever anyone says BW "makes" you buy CCs in this game.

I've spent nothing buying cartel coin's, but I do have 27,150 coins since the release of the system. Maybe someday I will use them but I have no desire to fund that system since I already pay to play as a subscriber. Already if I wanted to move my requstion as a GSF pilot I have to spend almost 80,000 cartel coins to move it around which I think isn't fair to space pvpers. Anything in the game eventually is put on the GTN which I can use with my credits I get from the many dailys in the game.

Since the cartel market first came into existence? I'd say from that day until today, I've probably spent approximately $1000 total. Remember, this is from day 1 to NOW, not all in one day. Pfft. I wish I had a grand to be able to blow on stuff and not feel the pain.

worse thing is about this is CM is not account wide so if you decide you want to start on a server with all your mates empty your pockets again cause everything you brought you got to buy again ..

worse thing is about this is CM is not account wide so if you decide you want to start on a server with all your mates empty your pockets again cause everything you brought you got to buy again ..

It's actually a mix, some things like your actual amount of Cartel Coins, unlocks through the Collections Menu, etc are Account wide, so those will apply even on a different server. There are others specifically labeled as "Legacy" unlocks that are restricted to the server they're used on though.

$0.00 if you waste your own hard earned money you are just stupid. I have millions of credits and just buy off the AH. I dont even use my free CC that much I think i have over 4k doing nothing. learn to work the system and save what you work for.

Now if BW would do what Wildstar did with C.R.E.D.D you would never have to pay a sub, im 3 months free on WS have not had to pay a sub and never will.

That's just sad, they love you long time.

Why? I have a friend who has spent $2,000 on a bicycle... and he has at least 5 of them in his garage... counting his various accessories, he has perhaps $15-20K worth of riding gear in his garage.

He rides in local races as an amateur, it is fun for him and how he spends his free time.

$1,200 since the CM came out? Small potatoes to some people.

I bought cartel coins once for Treek+ship GTN unlock, then the second time a few weeks ago for the Walker mount, and the third time for Legacy Storage. It's strange, but I seem to value credits more than real money. I mean, "hey, cartel coins, it's just one meal", but "what? fifteen million credits? No way!" (though I could afford the credit costs easily. It's just something in the brain that fiercely says "no! My game credits! My precciousssss!").

That's just sad, they love you long time.

Sad would be me going to Blizzard and adding up how much I've spent on character/faction transfers and re-customizations. I've probably put one developer's kid through college at this point (ok not really).