The State of the PvP DPS Commando 2.0

Vilanix

Just curious, are the folks playing on the PTS even slightly optimistic about the DPS Commando of ANY flavor? I play an Assault Commando, and while fun, they leave something to be desired in PvP (50). I'll prolly stick with it cause I'm a glutton for punishment, but was hoping for some new and updated good news ;)

Just curious, are the folks playing on the PTS even slightly optimistic about the DPS Commando of ANY flavor? I play an Assault Commando, and while fun, they leave something to be desired in PvP (50). I'll prolly stick with it cause I'm a glutton for punishment, but was hoping for some new and updated good news ;)

Last few days I haven't been able to get a pop in WZs at all, but no, right now PTS Commandos are hurting.

That said:

Mercenaries/Commandos

We are currently testing some changes to DPS for Mercenaries/Commandos. Tentatively you will see some of these changes the next time we update public test (not today) but note that this is entirely subject to change! Pyros and Arsenals are getting some love to their core abilities that should alleviate some of the PvP issues. Some of these changes are being rolled out today while others are currently being tested (the Combat/PvP devs are testing these changes against each other as I post).

Keep your fingers crossed.

My fingers have been crossed for Bioware to throw us a bone since 1.2 went live.

I eventually gave up.

Commando really just needs more work than Bioware wants to put into it to make it viable on its own, and they also don't want to give away the gimmicks of another class (like gunslinger) for a easy fix. All this could go away with some heat adjustments and letting commando's "take cover" for interrupt immunity on DPS skills.

The new commando is in 2.0 is now fitted with a lightsaber and becomes a Jedi, thats the only way to survive in PVP. I have no faith in Bioware they will just screw us over again and again... They might as well just delete the class