Demolition round animation any good compared to mercs' HSM?

paowee

Hi I was just wondering how Demolition round looks like. I have atm a L20ish commando alt and am curious of the animation. so far i REALLY really like the

of heatseeker missiles, the details on the smoke that comes out and the movement of all 4 missiles as they home in on the target looks very well done... but i really don't feel like rolling a fifth empire toon as well >_<

Grav round vs Tracer missiles imo Grav wins the round (pun intended). The sound it makes gives it a strong punchy, feeling which I like. Heatseeker missiles look really good but idk how it compares to Demolition Round.

Edited by paowee

i could find a clip of demo round, but it looks exactly like sabotage charge (at 0:18s)

it's a shot that leaves a lot of tracers along its path and they spiral around. it looks pretty cool, but it's a bit more subtle than the merc equivalent.

Demo round (and all of commandos casts) are instant once they finish, while mercs have travel time. Poster above accurately described demo round, but I have to tell you imo dont play merc because the abilities lag wayy to much. It makes little difference in long fights but waiting for it to hit is a pain in the *** since it takes a whole gcd.

Grav round vs Tracer missiles imo Grav wins the round (pun intended). The sound it makes gives it a strong punchy, feeling which I like.

i don't play a mercenary, but i've seen a thread recently saying that these sounds were bugged.

is there no sound at all or do you actually hear it and don't like it? if it's the former, it could simply be bugged

Demo round (and all of commandos casts) are instant once they finish, while mercs have travel time. Poster above accurately described demo round, but I have to tell you imo dont play merc because the abilities lag wayy to much. It makes little difference in long fights but waiting for it to hit is a pain in the *** since it takes a whole gcd.

this is not true. grav round has a long travel time. as i said, i don't play a mercenary, so i don't know how the travel times of the various shots compare, but grav round definitely does have a noticeable travel time.

its the same move just different animations. so i dont know what you mean by "good"

i don't know what you mean by this either, since no one said good anywhere.

which statement are you referring to?

Edited by oaceen