Making of Rise of the Hutt Cartel Part 1: Creating Makeb Video

CourtneyWoods

(Going to post this here so maybe someone can clarify this :))

Hall Hood says in the video: "Yeah, the story of the RotHC is a direct continuation of the player's story that was begun in the main game." I thought there was not going to be anything related to the continuation of your character's Story, or am I missing something here? :confused:

(Going to post this here so maybe someone can clarify this :))

Hall Hood says in the video: "Yeah, the story of the RotHC is a direct continuation of the player's story that was begun in the main game." I thought there was not going to be anything related to the continuation of your character's Story, or am I missing something here? :confused:

There won't be class specific quests, however, all those various class stories are being brought together (remember the "Avengers" comment).

Thanks Courtney. Yup. These are the type of things we need to see to get us excited about Makeb; namely an interesting storyline and creative nuances that impact that story. The planets atmosphere and terrain negates a typical SW invasion force? Hmm... intriguing. The Hutts... seem to do their homework to say the least.

Now, since leveling will be the key component of Makeb, story is key. More details on changes relative to that would be great. Especially anything regarding game play. Keep it up! I'm looking forward to it!

Edited by Rafaman

People just think it's a new planet. It's more than that. This game has been out for over a year and although new daily areas and such have been created, an entire new leveling planet has not. This doesn't just mean a new area, this means a new area with new technology they haven't had access to before. As you can see, cannons, waterfalls (although they did use waterfalls before, these look a lot better). Looks like an awesome planet, I hope we aren't just leveling here - PUT SOME ENDGAME CONTENT IN TOO! :D

People just think it's a new planet. It's more than that. This game has been out for over a year and although new daily areas and such have been created, an entire new leveling planet has not. This doesn't just mean a new area, this means a new area with new technology they haven't had access to before. As you can see, cannons, waterfalls (although they did use waterfalls before, these look a lot better). Looks like an awesome planet, I hope we aren't just leveling here - PUT SOME ENDGAME CONTENT IN TOO! :D

Couldn't have put it better myself , there will be daily end-game content on the planet and heroics too. I love the idea of zooming down to Makeb from space , also as someone else pointed out jumping on a moving vehicle ? :o

Fantastic great video too , keep up the great work guys and gals.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Looks awesome, especially the waterfalls and a few of those last clips at the end of the video.

Aiming a turret cannon? Jumping onto some moving ship thingy on Nar Shaddaa? Also whatever scene a bunch of people are on a shuttle, when the shuttle crashes, and the space elevator, they seem to be making a big thing about getting onto the planet :D

Wonder how large it will be since 5 levels must be hard to get after level 50, and a big planet will need to give that XP.

Can't wait to play 2.0 and level on Makeb.

There is a thing I can't understand.

The dudes at the video keep talking about a war ...What war is that and where is fought?

Becase is not at the game thats for sure, not at Illum, not at Corellia...Are they talking about same faction warzones, or kill same faction events?

This game is about kill random droids and/or random pirates/gangs... and right click some barrels by the way, so please: Tell us when we will get that war you keep talking about. :confused:

Edited by _Zhatan_
typo

There won't be class specific quests, however, all those various class stories are being brought together (remember the "Avengers" comment).

Finally, someone understands that the class story was basically a way to roll everyone into the same story. It let you have your rise to power story which gets wrapped up nicely into the entire story of the galaxy.

This looks really impressive. I hope with all this new technology you are using, you'll actually fix up the engine before this expansion comes out.

Edited by spectreclees

Finally, someone understands that the class story was basically a way to roll everyone into the same story. It let you have your rise to power story which gets wrapped up nicely into the entire story of the galaxy.

It's difficult to say how much our class story pieces will come in to play, if at all. I HOPE that we will see, for instance, some of the NPCs from our class stories make appearances. I don't want to get my hopes up for that, though.

I'm keeping a cautiously open mind to how well this will all work, and how much re-playability there will be in Makeb.

On my first character in SWTOR, I felt like every part of it was "my story". But the more alts I rolled, the more my immersion became dispersed with the general planetary stuff. I'm not sure how individualized the quests can be, besides NPCs recognizing your class and key achievements in the story.

On my first character in SWTOR, I felt like every part of it was "my story". But the more alts I rolled, the more my immersion became dispersed with the general planetary stuff. I'm not sure how individualized the quests can be, besides NPCs recognizing your class and key achievements in the story.

How about NPC's reacting to you differently according to your reputation level?

Also, and this is very ambitious, an adaptive conversation system.

How about NPC's reacting to you differently according to your reputation level?

Also, and this is very ambitious, an adaptive conversation system.

That would be a nice little addition, but that would work more with simple daily/repeatable type stuff.