Expansion goes live on April 2nd

WahineKoa

2.0 is the expansion, what you quoted says exactly this. lol l2 read?

Let me make a small edit to the post to clear up what they are saying:

Here is a bit more clarification on the differences between Rise of the Hutt Cartel and 2.0 put as simply as I can!

What subscribers will get in patch 2.0:

• Class changes and balancing levels 1-50
  • Any itemization/world changes which affect levels 1-50
  • Legacy Achievements

What subscribers will get if they do purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

• All of what is included in patch 2.0 (above), plus:
  • New Operation: Scum and Villainy
  • Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond
  • Upgraded level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints
  • Level cap increase to 55
  • All new Makeb storyline

Edited by jgoldsack

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Bet is still valid guys ;) Loads of disbelievers atm but none have the courage to take the bet! =)

Get those credits to Shadowlands, and I'll take you up on it.

For the record, they have already stated they are going to patch to 1.7.3, and are currently at 1.7.1. Now, assuming 1.7.2 goes in next week, they skip the week after for any critical issues that might crop up with 1.7.2, then 1.7.3 goes in the week after that. Skip another week to deal with any possible problems with 1.7.3, and you've just past April 2nd.

How's that for proof, based on past indicators, that there is a near-zero chance that 2.0 is happening April 2nd?

Get those credits to Shadowlands, and I'll take you up on it.

For the record, they have already stated they are going to patch to 1.7.3, and are currently at 1.7.1. Now, assuming 1.7.2 goes in next week, they skip the week after for any critical issues that might crop up with 1.7.2, then 1.7.3 goes in the week after that. Skip another week to deal with any possible problems with 1.7.3, and you've just past April 2nd.

How's that for proof, based on past indicators, that there is a near-zero chance that 2.0 is happening April 2nd?

Have they stated that they will 100% sure go live with 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 before 2.0 and have weeks in between them? Or are people intrepeting something that they have said and telling the story further that they have "stated" something?

Just wondering...

Edited by WahineKoa

2.0 is the expansion, what you quoted says exactly this. lol l2 read?

Except 2.0 isn't the Expansion because EVERYONE will get 2.0 regardless of if they bought the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion cause if Player A didn't buy RotHC Expansion they will still download Game Update 2.0. So just because Player A decided to wait on getting the Expansion doesn't mean that they are automatically cut out of GU 2.0 and every future Update until they buy the Expansion. It means that Player A will be able to experience anything that would be in 2.0 that isn't dependent on getting the Expansion.

Have they stated that they will 100% sure go live with 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 before 2.0 and have weeks in between them? Or are people intrepeting something that they have said and telling the story further that they have "stated" something?

Just wondering...

They have stated that ready check is going to be in 1.7.3, but that it may be delayed past that. This means they have at least 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 planned out. Obviously, it is entirely possible that things can change.

Reference: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5954209#edit5954209

The minimum one week between is based on past experience, plus my assumption of common sense being that having a chance to patch anything that goes terribly wrong without having to deal with another patch is a good idea.

So, no, they have not stated that they will 100% go live with 1.7.2 and 1.7.3. Expecting any employee of an MMO to state that something in the future will 100% happen is just asking for disappointment. Assuming that something an employee of an MMO says will 100% happen is just as bad an idea.

Having said that, I maintain my confidence that April 2nd will not be the 2.0 patch. That's what the person who posted this wants to bet on, so that's all that matters. I was just explaining my reasoning behind my confidence that 2.0 is going to be more than 3 weeks away.

Now, mid April I could see, if testing goes really well (I don't think it is going well enough, but that's entirely a personal opinion). In that case, especially if there are problems with either of the mini patches, 1.7.3 could easily be skipped and integrated into 2.0.1 or something.

2.0 is the expansion because if it weren't the expansion it would call 1.8.

2.0,3.0,4.0 means expansion

bioware didn't add makeb in pts because they don't want to ruin the surprise of the planet

This is a matter of convention with regard to patch naming in gaming. 2.0 does NOT mean expansion. x.0 means the start of a new series of patches, a patch with enough systems changes to warrant its own numerical series. Blizzard does the same thing with WoW patches -- the big systems patches right before the expansion release. Blizzard, as an example, released patch 5.0 before Mists of Pandaria launched.

Common sense says ROTHC and 2.0 are at the same time. It's just that people that didn't purchase the expansion will just get the 2.0 update minus everything pertaining to the expansion. Those that did/do buy the expansion will get the full 2.0 which will include ROTHC and 50+ content.

Common sense says ROTHC and 2.0 are at the same time. It's just that people that didn't purchase the expansion will just get the 2.0 update minus everything pertaining to the expansion. Those that did/do buy the expansion will get the full 2.0 which will include ROTHC and 50+ content.

Clearly, common sense is dumb and ignores precedent.

Hm....well, it sounds like this next patch will NOT be 1.7.2, though I could be wrong...so if 1.7.2 does not come out in the next two weeks, it's more likely that April 2nd will be 1.7.2.

Of course, if that IS when 2.0 comes out...yay for early birthday presents.

It is common sense

A level cap increase with out Makeb would be ridiculous

Makeb wil be the new planet to level from 50 to 55 on

The level cap is also the incentive to do the Makeb content