Expansion goes live on April 2nd

WahineKoa

Devs posted this recently;

Today , 04:06 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.

Report Post Quote

Please be aware that beginning on April 2, 2013, logging in to the game or website will require your Display Name. Email addresses will no longer be accepted; your Display Name will be the only accepted option.

I would bet a large sum on the fact that this is the date of Rise of the hutt cartel going live, as the change is large enough not to be launched just by itself.

I bet 5M ingame creds for this, anyone taking my bet?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really should put a ? <<< question mark at the end of your title as its very misleading..

That said

but if it does go live then..then YAY me..i have that week booked off for holidays.

Edited by CrazyCanukk

While it is a nice thought, I really don't see the connection.

If anything, I expect they would do a login process change ahead of an expansion release, just to separate the possible complications it presents with eveyone piling on the servers to play and plenty of old timers coming back for another try.

There is nothing that directly connects the two events that I can see, other then desire. :)

That actually makes sense...I'll be interested to see if you're correct.

I agree, its too big of a change backofficewise to be done just by itself as well as the date is odd as otherwise they could just be able to do it during any maintenance tuesday.

AND April 2nd is a Tuesday ;)

If anything, I expect they would do a login process change ahead of an expansion release, just to separate the possible complications it presents with eveyone piling on the servers to play and plenty of old timers coming back for another try.

There is nothing that directly connects the two events that I can see, other then desire. :)

Please take my bet =)

Not the expansion, but probaby 2.0 patch.

2.0 is the expansion because if it weren't the expansion it would call 1.8.

2.0,3.0,4.0 means expansion

bioware didn't add makeb in pts because they don't want to ruin the surprise of the planet

Hmmmm, displayname.. As in... Origin name? Or display name as in Forumname?

Just wondering ^_^

Just looked it up: it's probably similar to the forumname here, not your Origin name. The two need not be the same.

Edited by AsheraII

Hmmmm, displayname.. As in... Origin name? Or display name as in Forumname?

Just wondering ^_^

forum name..

so I would login with Crazycanukk + Pw + security key..

personally i don't really know why they are making this change or even think its necessary.

Edited by CrazyCanukk

2.0 is the expansion because if it weren't the expansion it would call 1.8.

2.0,3.0,4.0 means expansion

bioware didn't add makeb in pts because they don't want to ruin the surprise of the planet

Difference is everyone gets 2.0. You have to pay for the actual expansion.

I don't have 5 millions credits, so I can't bet. But I don't think it will be released that early. Then again, BW has surprised us before.

Something like this, they will take their time, and extend that "Spring" date as long as possible to get it right. I would agree that they will change this ahead of the expansion.

However, in your defense, they have yet to say anything about a possible 1.8 content patch, which is approaching rapidly.

Difference is everyone gets 2.0. You have to pay for the actual expansion.

Everyone gets to 55, you have to pay for the expansion. I know, I paid 10 bucks for it. Not 10 bucks of early access, it was for the expansion itself. But don't you think they will have some feature updates as well? We know of the achievement system, but there might be some other stuff, hopefully guild stuff not yet on the PTS.

One could hope.

Everyone gets to 55, you have to pay for the expansion. I know, I paid 10 bucks for it. Not 10 bucks of early access, it was for the expansion itself. But don't you think they will have some feature updates as well? We know of the achievement system, but there might be some other stuff, hopefully guild stuff not yet on the PTS.

One could hope.

Only people who buy the expansion can get to 55 , the people who don't can only get to 50 still. It's in the dev tracker if you missed it.

OT - I hope you are right OP :)

Cheers,

BadOrb.

One could hope.

No, unlike the PTS, you have to actually get the expansion to level onward to 55. Without the expansion, you'll be stuck at 50:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5930861#edit5930861

Here is a bit more clarification on the differences between Rise of the Hutt Cartel and 2.0 put as simply as I can!

What subscribers will get without purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

• Class changes and balancing levels 1-50
  • Any itemization/world changes which affect levels 1-50
  • Legacy Achievements

What subscribers will get if they do purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

• New Operation: Scum and Villainy
  • Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond
  • Upgraded level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints
  • Level cap increase to 55
  • All new Makeb storyline

The new Operation and Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 2.0 are Level 55 Elder Game Content. The level cap increase to 55 is included with the purchase of the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Free-to-Play restrictions apply. Visit the Free-to-Play Features Chart for more information.

-eric

personally i don't really know why they are making this change or even think its necessary.

Probably an extra security precaution. Email addresses really should not be used for MMO logins IMO as many people do not take the time to make a unique email address for each MMO. And it is pretty clear from other MMOs that hackers have nabbed up email addresses from fan sites and 3rd party forums.

Not that they they have had the usual hacking problems that other MMOs have had, it's still a prudent thing to do.

Well, I'm not on The Red Eclipse, nor do I have 1M, let alone 5M credits I could wager. But that said, I'm thinking this quote is entirely correct.