Official launch in Australia/New Zealand

StephenReid

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lucky buggers i wanted to be one of the lucky few to be playing already. bought a digital copy online entered the product key signed up for monthly payments on my credit card and went to download the game client....

It won't work 11.6G of data downloaded and error.... did it twice and no luck... looks like you need a disc in install in australia... i don't want to buy it twice but if i have to where do i go to get a HARD COPY sent out to me??

I got my physical copy from Amazon, got it on the 19th.

Of course, you could ask someone to download the client and transfer it to your hard drive and run it from there (I don't know where you are based so if this isn't an option feel free to ignore it).

When you run the client you will put in all your account information in the client launcher login

lucky buggers i wanted to be one of the lucky few to be playing already. bought a digital copy online entered the product key signed up for monthly payments on my credit card and went to download the game client....

It won't work 11.6G of data downloaded and error.... did it twice and no luck... looks like you need a disc in install in australia... i don't want to buy it twice but if i have to where do i go to get a HARD COPY sent out to me??

Bad luck mate.

Got my copy mailed to my parents place in England and they sent me the code, so I had mine by the 17th.

Bit of bad luck there mate,

I did exactly that. Bought the deluxe key online, downloaded the 18.9gb and it works fine. Even transfered it from one pc to another and it works.

You corrupted download has nothing to do with the key you bought. I'm in Perth btw.

I have to ask this question and I'm sure it's on a lot of Aussie/Kiwi minds.

When you guys release these Aussie/Kiwi servers are you going to do the patching right in the middle of our Tuesday evening gaming or are you going to move this patching to a time convienient for us? It is really annoying to be playing and at 7pm (AEDT) the game goes offline for the rest of the night for patching.

These are the words of the Australian community, O Lord Bioware, please answer our prayers so that we may be eternally grateful.

Please sticky this thread. Not all Aussies know this. BTW I just bought the game from EB imported . . . I dont care if i only get to play till march on usa servers then have to roll anew. I am really gratefull to bioware for making aussie servers, and I am no bioware fanboy, I actually thought Dragon Age failed and DA2 wasnt much better. I still appreciate the Aussie servers, it has been fair motivation to choose this MMO over others.

Whilst your average gamer is playing TOR in between other priorities such as work, kids or other things that take up time.

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/games/blogs/screenplay/gamers-getting-older-20110615-1g45f.html

Im so sick of hearing these excuses all the time, work kids, my 10 wives, blah blah blah.

Mate, i work 50 hours a week yet still find atleast 20 hours a week to play.

Not everyone chooses to spend 20 hours a week on what ultimately is entertainment that one pays for.

Your entertainment = my hobby.

This isnt tv, you actually have to interact with ppl. Where theres people , theres competition, no matter what.

My point, casuals play 1 hour a week, dont seek challenge therefore bw designed this game for them. When this gets released in oz, if the difficulty doesnt go up, then i bet you im not the only ozzie looking for a new game to play....

Its sad, because star wars is my favourite universe, and i feel attached to it because the first movie was made the year i was born.

Your entertainment = my hobby.

This isnt tv, you actually have to interact with ppl. Where theres people , theres competition, no matter what.

My point, casuals play 1 hour a week, dont seek challenge therefore bw designed this game for them. When this gets released in oz, if the difficulty doesnt go up, then i bet you im not the only ozzie looking for a new game to play....

Its sad, because star wars is my favourite universe, and i feel attached to it because the first movie was made the year i was born.

You're joking right? This game is easy? Being two levels higher then a class quest and having to call in a friend to help is easy?

You're joking right? This game is easy? Being two levels higher then a class quest and having to call in a friend to help is easy?

New to gaming? your just not very good .

EVERY quest is easy, i soled a 4+ heroic last night..

Let me guess though, like everyone, you rolled a dps?

im a tank, so i guess i got perks cause i have to put up with the below averages...