tired of getting yelled at for healing

CarbieChronicles

Honestly Slafko, your method is fine for a guild run, or a lucky pug run where everyone knows what they're doing. However, if I am with a tank like you I'll start following after you only until I realize that the DPS are being left behind. Once that happens I'm doubling back to help the teammates who might want to work as a group. Obviously you're God's gift to the game and are clearly just being nice by getting everyone else coms and gear. In that case you would be much better off soloing it and not being held back by three other people. :rolleyes: Edited by Fiamma_Verde

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belittling would be calling someone an idiot without even giving them the chance to prove it.
Sorry calling people a retard is belittling, it could be just a language barrier, but it sounds like you are demeaning people.

But then again, I'm weird a bit and just plain suck at tanking so much - forum goers race to add me to their ignore lists.

I am not saying you are a bad tank...I have no way of knowing if you are good or bad at your role. I will take you at your word and believe you know your role well.

I will also take you at your word, so I believe you are not a good PUG player. You may be a great guild player if everyone in the guild is like minded, but from what you have written you don't seem to handle well groups that have a different opinion or methods than yours.

That does not however, mean people think are a bad player or tank, it just means those with a different opinion and your strong conviction to doing it your way will make some not want to group with you.

Edited by mikebevo

Honestly Slafko, your method is fine for a guild run, or a lucky pug run where everyone knows what they're doing.

This is where the communication part of the game kicks and I wait for an answer to my "Has everyone done this before" question. If no one answers, I conclude I just might have insulted them by questioning their experience and play as if everyone knows what they're doing.

And, just to make that clear, the "knows what they're doing" means they know the paths to take and mobs to skip. Things such as kill priority, positioning and not breaking CC should be in their arsenal way before they hit 50 and start doing HM flashpoints. Those are the basics and I expect every lvl 50 player to know them by heart. Tactics in flashpoints and operations not so much, but I do expect a fair and open communication about it.

However, if I am with a tank like you I'll start following after you only until I realize that the DPS are being left behind. Once that happens I'm doubling back to help the teammates who might want to work as a group. Obviously you're God's gift to the game and are clearly just being nice by getting everyone else coms and gear. In that case you would be much better off soloing it and not being held back by three other people. :rolleyes:

I'm not a god's gift to the game. I'm a gift to capable players and a scourge to idiots.

And no, the dps are not being left behind. (Unless they go AFK without announcing it. See the idiot part.) As a tank, it's my job to make sure the mobs stay on me; not run amok and wreak havoc on my team. With that in mind, I'm going to disengage the current mob when its last member is down to 50% health. There really is no point in me lingering about and wasting time picking up loot. I'm casting my Project or finishing blow and sprinting away to the next mob. All the team has to do in order to have a clean run is follow my path and don't break my cc's.

I don't feel I'm asking too much or being unreasonable in any way here.

Don't know the basics? Don't queue for end game content. Bother your guild. Simple courtesy.

Sorry calling people a retard is belittling, it could be just a language barrier, but it sounds like you are demeaning people.

I call them like I see them. Just as I've called a dps in Hammer Station an idiot after he attacked marked and cc'd target twice (big droid floating 5m off the ground), stood in aoe and got killed by it three times and then started to rage at me for not healing him. What his expectations were after pulling crap like that, I honestly do not know. :D

I will also take you at your word, so I believe you are not a good PUG player. You may be a great guild player if everyone in the guild is like minded, but from what you have written you don't seem to handle well groups that have a different opinion or methods than yours.

That does not however, mean people think are a bad player or tank, it just means those with a different opinion and your strong conviction to doing it your way will make some not want to group with you.

Seeing as how those "different opinions and methods" include breaking CC, overaggroing and other PUG festivities - I'll stick to my style of playing with awareness and concentration. As for the guildies, I'm a lot harsher on them than I am on pugs. There's a standard of play I hold myself up to and expect everyone in the guild to be at the same, if not higher, level.

Edited by slafko

Dude, have you ever played a game in your entire life?

Go do this professionally or something, and leave the rest of us to actually have a good time.

I don't remeber calling anyone any names. But that's my bad English for you. Might have inadvertently typed something offensive without even realising it.

And immediately after ...

Ah, I see you edited. Allow me to retort:

You can't claim bad English then use a sentence like that, complete with correct use of an interjection and the word "retort" followed by correct use of a colon.

It's not your English that's bad. It's your attitude.

Edited by Jeca_Cutrer

Dude, have you ever played a game in your entire life?

I wasn't expecting this kind of inquisition. But, if you must know, I started with Blue Max.

Go do this professionally or something, and leave the rest of us to actually have a good time.

Please at least make an effort to accept the possibility that someone's definition of good time is different than yours. Mine, for example, does not include doing stupid **** that will my team killed.

And immediately after ...

You can't claim bad English then use a sentence like that, complete with correct use of an interjection and the word "retort" followed by correct use of a colon.

It's not your English that's bad. It's your attitude.

Smarter people would have recognized the trolling (bad English) part of that post and let it slide. As for my attitude, I find it to be a great filter for finding like-minded players and people. It works great both IRL and online. :)