Switching between advanced classes

HashyAKAdave

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done and dusted...

It's when he sends you to your AC trainer. He tells you the choice is permanent.

Want to me to quickly roll a character of your choice, level it to level 10 and Fraps it for you? They clearly say in the cut scene, the choice is permanent. I know this for my BH and SW as well.

I have 3 chars above level 10 now... Rerolling is not an issue for me. All of them, the trainer states the same thing. The choice is permanent.

Nobody ever states it is permanent for a BH, But please, go reroll just to see that I'm right.

wow....if you are finding lvling up to 10 and choosing an advanced too difficult- please, please, please follow through on your "threat" and return the game and go back to where you can do all that easy mode nothing matters stuff. Because you, sir, (and players like you) are the reason Rift has become a no-talent macro-fest...wow is now (and has been for quite a while) easymode everything...the game all but plays itself for you...

Anyway, TL;DR- Boo-hoo....we've all QQ'd with you/for you- feel better?

It doesn't lend much other than frustration when the mantra "choices have consequences" leads to people having to replay the same 10 levels, with the same story, abilities and play style that they just spent hours going through. to have to do that again unwillingly isn't going to create a lot of joy, especially since in this case it turns out that it wasn't stated that the choice would be permanent. Not everyone is going to know that going in, far from it.

As for the flavour of the month/week problem, this wouldn't be an issue if it was only a one time, level limited choice to switch AC. What would be so wrong with that?

In this particular case, the omission of the fact that the choice was permanent seems to be a bug affecting only BH, unless someone can show otherwise? Since the fact was omitted, it should be treated by the gm's as a bug, and the OP should be allowed to switch one time, but when this is fixed and all class quest givers correctly warn of the permanence of the choice, then no switches should be allowed.

Done and dusted...

It's when he sends you to your AC trainer. He tells you the choice is permanent.

Want to me to quickly roll a character of your choice, level it to level 10 and Fraps it for you? They clearly say in the cut scene, the choice is permanent. I know this for my BH and SW as well.

I have 3 chars above level 10 now... Rerolling is not an issue for me. All of them, the trainer states the same thing. The choice is permanent.

So when you first go to Rally Master Merkk Kelborn at the 7:50 mark right? I just watched it and did not see any mention of it. This whole process for the Bounty Hunter is in the link .

Done and dusted...

I just re-watched that video. My only question for you is; what are you talking about. I can see no mention of the choice being permanent. Please provide a time stamp.

Seriously?

The third time I'm saying this. I have a BH.

I actually deleted a level 15, and rerolled him. The new one is now level 16.

It's the same for the BH.

Have you not been paying attention?

Should I roll a third BH to prove it now?

The two guys you go to. Fatty and Slim, tell you that your choice is permanent.

Did you just watch the video with fatty and slim? the one that has been linked like 10 times? 10:30 to 11:30 mark , please show me where?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUtZ4Q0p_w

Edited by Brakner

No, I'm not going to play through the first 10 levels of another bounty hunter because BioWare wasn't smart enough to add the ability to change Adv. Classes.

Hahaha, this is golden. They warn you plenty of times, yet you still make the wrong choice and you blame them?

Redoing 1-10 will go twice faster than the first time : you know exactly what to do and you can skip cutscenes. It's 3h at most.

But let me tell you something, if you don't have time to redo 3h of gameplay, you sure as hell aren't fit to play a MMO to begin with.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

In this particular case, the omission of the fact that the choice was permanent seems to be a bug affecting only BH, unless someone can show otherwise? Since the fact was omitted, it should be treated by the gm's as a bug, and the OP should be allowed to switch one time, but when this is fixed and all class quest givers correctly warn of the permanence of the choice, then no switches should be allowed.

Didn't really answer my question. What would be so wrong with a one time, level limited option to switch you AC? FOTM won't be an issue with this, and it saves a lot of unnecessary frustration.

I agree. If there is in fact a warning then you shouldn't switch. From what I've heard the GM support in TOR is pretty awful, so I'm probably not going to get helped at all.

Nobody ever states it is permanent for a BH, But please, go reroll just to see that I'm right.

Really? Reroll it yourself. You're too busy complaining about it to do it yourself and fix the issue. Becuase you have IRL obligations and can't find the time.

How about you reroll yourself, prove your own point, send it off to BioWare for a bug report and be done with it. You'll spend 2 hours, prove your point, fix your problem and be the hero for bringing to BioWares attention.

Play your selected class or make a new one. If there's an error in the text, let them know and they'll fix it.

Edited by Sireene
rude/uninviting

I cant speak for the OP, but I always read up on a game I'm going to purchase and play. How many of you do this too? I mean, I knew about the perm-AC's well before early access.

I think it is just an issue of blaming others for his/her mistake. Humans do this a lot. Do something dumb, get mad, yell at the person next to you. Oh well. Return the game and go away. Or keep playing, whatever.

I agree. If there is in fact a warning then you shouldn't switch. From what I've heard the GM support in TOR is pretty awful, so I'm probably not going to get helped at all.

In that case are you going to return the game?

Hahaha, this is golden. They warn you plenty of times, yet you still make the wrong choice and you blame them?

Redoing 1-10 will go twice faster than the first time : you know exactly what to do and you can skip cutscenes. It's 3h at most.

It's not mentioned for the BH. Check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUtZ4Q0p_w 07:50-12:50, it's not mentioned once.

It may be more than three hours, especially if you add in rl interuptions. Regardless its three + hours of replaying the same content you just went through and doing so unwillingly. People won't invest as much in the characters under these conditions. This will just lead to a lot of frustration.

Personally, I'm for a one time, level limited option to switch your AC. I don't understand why so many seem to think this a bad idea.

Edited by Runeshard

It's not mentioned for the BH. Check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUtZ4Q0p_w 07:50-12:50, it's not mentioned once.

It may be more than three hours, especially if you add in rl interuptions. Regardless its three + hours of replaying the same content you just went through and doing so unwillingly. People won't invest as much in the characters under these conditions. This will just lead to a lot of frustration.

Personally, I'm for a one time, level limited option to switch your AC. I don't understand why so many seem to think this a bad idea.

Because we're all spoiled brats who want everything delivered to us on a silver plate, obviously.

/Sarcasm

People, how can you not see the logic in this? Why waste THREE HOURS or more on doing the same crap again just because of a mistake? Why not have a one-time deal? How does it hurt YOU?

I have a BH Powertech currently level 16. A 15 SW Juggernaut as well. And now the SI Sorc.

They all say the same thing.

In the video the guy unfortunately comments over most of the dialogue.

What are you talking about? All the dialogue in the video is subtitled. There is no mention of the choice being premanent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUtZ4Q0p_w 07:50-12:50. Just including this so others can view the video themselves before telling me I'm wrong. If I'm wrong then please prvode a time stamp.

Edited by Runeshard

Because we're all spoiled brats who want everything delivered to us on a silver plate, obviously.

/Sarcasm

People, how can you not see the logic in this? Why waste THREE HOURS or more on doing the same crap again just because of a mistake? Why not have a one-time deal? How does it hurt YOU?

What does it matter to you either? You won't see this option for weeks or even months even if they agree to add it.

/Sarcasm

Agreed, I have yet to see valid reasons for not having a one time, level limited option to switch your AC.

I've talked to a few people and they say you can't switch your advanced class...I made the mistake of picking the wrong one and I didn't get a warning or anything when I selected it. Is there really no way to switch your advanced class? If not I'm glad I decided to wait before opening my Physical copy of the game.

READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST: I DO read everything and listen to everything very carefully, I didn't miss anything saying it'd be permanent.

EDIT: For those of you saying I should remake my char, I'd rather not spend the time to do it all over again, as short as that time may be. Believe it or not but some of us have IRL obligations and cannot spend hours and hours rerolling.

Around 12:30 is where you pick your AV for BH and I didn't see one warning that it would be permanent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUtZ4Q0p_w

For bounty hunter, not only do you have to talk to 2 separate guys that tell you "YOU ARE ABOUT TO SPECIALIZE", you get a cut-scene, and then one more chance to make up your mind before you run BACK to the quest-giver and finally choose, then run BACK to the trainer to train the skills. This is about 3x as much info as any other single class gets.

AC is permanent. We have been going around and around on this in beta for 6 months. Reroll or live with, but dont come crying to change a game mechanic simply because you made a mistake. That implies it's easier to modify the whole game code and storyline options than for you to spend 2 hours to get right back to where it is: THE REAL BEGINNING OF THE GAME. No offense, but another two hours in the starter area might actually do you some good.

I didn't see one warning that it would be permanent.

This has been discussed on Fan fridays, developer blogs, twitter, facebook, the official forums (which at one point had a bajillion page thread going on for about 3 months about it) fansites, conventions, and everything inbetween. For over 6 months now. Sorry dude. Just reroll and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

THIS IS BIOWARE. CHOICES HAVE CONSEQUENCE.

Edited by Flagg

What does it matter to you either? You won't see this option for weeks or even months even if they agree to add it.

Even if it is in a few weeks to a few months, I'll just play a different class until they get it sorted out and go back to my BH when I can make him a merc.

Even if it is in a few weeks to a few months, I'll just play a different class until they get it sorted out and go back to my BH when I can make him a merc.

you'll wait months to avoid a 2 hour reroll?

That might be the most lazy thing I've heard on the forums this week. and that says alot.

isnt your AC tied to your class story? ie a jedi guardians story is somewhat different from a sentinels story? I can understand why bioware did this, if you were allows to swap and change between AC's the story wouldnt flow properly and wouldnt make sense.

make sure you listen to the dialogue and read and reread the text so you know exactly what you are doing, if not reroll and make the choice you wanted. if not (providing you havent used the CDKey) return the game unopened as this game clearly isnt for you.