Switching between advanced classes

HashyAKAdave

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm not going to play through the first 10 levels of another bounty hunter because BioWare wasn't smart enough to add the ability to change Adv. Classes.

Its because its a CLASS you dont' Change your Class. They should never allow you to change your advanced class. They'll likely give us dual specs for the trees to the advance tree long before ever allowing you to just toss away such an important decision.

You can be a Tank or a DPS with one class or a Healer or DPS with the other class. If you don't ant to heal or tank then DPS if you don't want to DPS then you need to decide if your going for healing or tanking.

All of this is explained in the quest chain.

The over arching issue here is that this type of crap is what ruins games, it's not this exact issue as much as it is the frame of mind. "If I whine enough and cause a big enough stink it'll change things" - It starts with small things and the next you know, we have pandas etc..

This game is too good to to have it tainted in these ways.

Edited by SKEPTiK-

There are reasons for it. People will simply makes mistakes like the OP did or they'll find that they don't like the AC they choose, due to play style powers, what have you. Rerolling will take hours, something which is extremely unappealing to some people especially since it can be a matter of 2-4 hours or even above that in addition to all the rl interruptions.

Players will be disinclined to put as much effort into their character if they have to replay the same 10 levels with the same story, abilities and play style unwillingly.

I see reasons for adding a one time, level limited option to switch AC. I see precious little reason not to. The argument that choices should matter rings rather hollow.

Exactly, I don't see why people don't understand this.

I don't want to spend hours doing the same thing over again, It's completely unnecessary.

Exactly, I don't see why people don't understand this.

I don't want to spend hours doing the same thing over again, It's completely unnecessary.

Precisely. Some of us have jobs or exams to study for. We cannot spend a few hours "just" rerolling. Let us reroll one time between advanced classes. How the hell will it affect any of you anyway?

No, I'm not going to play through the first 10 levels of another bounty hunter because BioWare wasn't smart enough to add the ability to change Adv. Classes.

You mean Bioware was SMART ENOUGH to NOT allow you to change advance classes.

Advance class is basically like a picking a class after picking a class. It should hold the same weight.

YES you were told, you are warned!

If you are going to return the game over 1-2 hours of play due to your own mistake, then please just leave now.

Then take your unopened copy of the game back for a full refund.

That'll show BW and all of us here that you're really serious, and not just making empty veiled threats.

I'm going to restate my challenge to Hashy...

You could've been level 10 again alreaddy, instead of whining on the forums for something that's not going to happen soon.

The over arching issue here is that this type of crap is what ruins games, it's not this exact issue as much as it is the frame of mind. "If I whine enough and cause a big enough stink it'll change things" - It starts with small things and the next you know, we have pandas etc..

This game is to good to to have it tainted in these ways.

Yep, this is why I'm paying month to month for a while. If BW starts dumbing the game down because of a few whiners then i don't know if I'll stay. I love the game and honor that doesn't happen.

Yes .. You are correct.

I can't even begin to describe how stupid this argument is. Are you saying all the classes are perfectly balanced and that even if the entire forum agrees with a person, they're all stupid and can't play the game, but you can?

Ignorance at its finest.

Firstly it does tell you that this is a permament change giving you plenty of warning, but!

Did raise this in beta and it is stupid to not include this evolution from said other game as it kills the game for people.

You have to roll multiple classes, fair enough,

but then you get in the habit of skipping the quality cut scenes as it becomes repetitive, 4 jedis so u can play 1 of each, for myself 18 jedis, as I repeatedly used jedi in beta testing.

Then you also have to bear in mind the starting place, smuggler and trooper in the same place, jedis all in the same place, all becomes pretty monotonous.

This little not being able to dual spec, I appreciate the story line, but, it destroys the game, and some of the narrow minded people will think there is nothing wrong with it, ignoring people who have played in other games and recognised that the forumla for a good mmo is to take the evolved content from each game.

I have been eagerly waiting for this game for more than 2 years and I have played every bioware game ever released since baldurs gate to now, so understand my difficulty in criticising this, but it is killing the game and it just makes later content monotonous as you end up getting in the habit of skipping repetitive content.

Edited by Greatheart

I am also a bounty hunter and I don’t remember him saying it is a permanent choice either, not that I care because I chose what I wanted. If you look in this video from the last beta at the 12:30 mark it goes through the whole process and I don’t see any mention its not reversible.

Change to 720p and maximize it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUtZ4Q0p_w

Hm, they really didn't mention it being permanent. Didn't notice that when I played BH.

My apologize HashyAKAdave, it's seems you were right.

Firstly it does tell you that this is a permament change giving you plenty of warning, but!

Did raise this in beta and it is stupid to not include this evolution from said other game as it kills the game for people.

but then you get in the habit of skipping the quality cut scenes as it becomes repetitive, 4 jedis so u can play 1 of each, for myself 18 jedis, as I repeatedly used jedi in beta testing.

Then you also have to bear in mind the starting place, smuggler and trooper in the same place...

This pretty much destroys the game for most people, and I am sure I will get some die hard fan telling me to leave the game.

I have been eagerly waiting for this game for more than 2 years and I have played every bioware game ever released since baldurs gate to now, so understand my difficulty in criticising this, but it is killing the game and it just makes later content monotonous as you end up in the skip habit.

Please tell me in this video at or around 12:30 mark where it says for Bounty Hunter it is permanent? Enlarge to full screen and change to 720p. I have played it through 4 times and I just don't see it. I also did it myself last night and did not see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUtZ4Q0p_w

Edited by Brakner

Your own fault for spamming the spacebar and not realizing that the choice was permanent. I knew it was permanent before even doing that quest, just from reading about the classes on dozens of websites while waiting for launch.

Bioware gave plenty of advanced notice on this.

Then you also have to bear in mind the starting place, smuggler and trooper in the same place...

This pretty much destroys the game for most people, and I am sure I will get some die hard fan telling me to leave the game.

I have been eagerly waiting for this game for more than 2 years and I have played every bioware game ever released since baldurs gate to now, so understand my difficulty in criticising this, but it is killing the game and it just makes later content monotonous as you end up in the skip habit.

Precisely. The starting worlds were annoying enough, having to do it all over again would be wasted time, to say the least.

Its because its a CLASS you dont' Change your Class. They should never allow you to change your advanced class. They'll likely give us dual specs for the trees to the advance tree long before ever allowing you to just toss away such an important decision.

You can be a Tank or a DPS with one class or a Healer or DPS with the other class. If you don't ant to heal or tank then DPS if you don't want to DPS then you need to decide if your going for healing or tanking.

All of this is explained in the quest chain.

It's not as simple as that. you can play a base class for a few leves and decide you don't like it and instantly reroll as something else. You won't have to go through 10 levels of game play as an "Apprentice" in order to be able to reroll, the same 10 levels you just went through.

I can't even begin to describe how stupid this argument is. Are you saying all the classes are perfectly balanced and that even if the entire forum agrees with a person, they're all stupid and can't play the game, but you can?

Ignorance at its finest.

I didn't say they were perfectly balanced, just that no class is overpowered or under powered.

Do you people saying Hashy doesn’t read actually read yourself? I posted a link on page 11 that clearly shows he is right and for BH it NEVER once said it is permanent. At this point you guys are more troll than he is

Looks like you are correct. I watched that video and did not see the NPC say it was permanent. I have not played the Bounty Hunter, but I know the Smuggler, Sith Warrior, Imperial Agent and Jedi Consular all say something about not changing in their dialog.

Looks like Bioware should look into that.

Edited by Garric

Your own fault for spamming the spacebar and not realizing that the choice was permanent. I knew it was permanent before even doing that quest, just from reading about the classes on dozens of websites while waiting for launch.

Bioware gave plenty of advanced notice on this.

Actually this video shows that it doesn't state that the choice is permanent (oddly enough, becuase I was sure it did) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUtZ4Q0p_w check 07:50-12:30 there is no mention of it, at least none that I can see.