Switching between advanced classes

HashyAKAdave

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may simply have missed it then. Every AC trainer tells you that once you pick one you will have to stick to it.

This guy is on OP's side regarding AC respecs, and *he* is telling him he's wrong, just like everyone else in the thread. That should be a hint and a half maybe OP missed it.

IT NEVER DID, HOW CAN i BE MORE CLEAR ABOUT THIS?

Oh, you're clear...just wrong.

Edited by ChicksDigHarleys

I did listen to two guys talk about how important the decision was but not once was I told I could never go back and use the other Adv. Class

Wow...I am not familiar with a lot of mmo games but learning from the ones I have played, the decision is pretty permanent. Why would you assume they would let you change to another class once you selected the other? o.O

No I didn't miss anything...

Yes you did, because they make it quite clear that the choice can't be changed once you make it. You either missed a NPC or something else, because it's quite clear that you can't change your mind once you picked your AC.

I've never seen a game allow you to repick your class of you don't like it. Every mmo requires you to reroll. Even eq2 did and you didn't get your full class there til level 20 :p

No other game (or at least not most) require you to replay the same 10 levels as an "Apprentice" or "Recruit" or whatever made up class fits the example, before being able to reroll. Having to play through the same 10 levels with the same story and the same abilities and play style is not going to be viewed as a good thing.

Why is it so important not to allow for such and option? Keep in mind that what I'm proposing is a one time, level limited AC switch, nothing more.

What class are you claiming does not get a warning?

I'm playing a bounty hunter and when I was choosing between PT or merc it never told me It would be a permanent decision. and before you jump to the conclusion that I just skip past everything and that I don't read dialog...I DO read dialog and I listen to everything I'm told very very carefully.

I've talked to a few people and they say you can't switch your advanced class...I made the mistake of picking the wrong one and I didn't get a warning or anything when I selected it. Is there really no way to switch your advanced class? If not I'm glad I decided to wait before opening my Physical copy of the game.

EDIT: People seem to think I just skip all the dialog and that I don't read anything. The Fact of the matter is I do read and listen to everything and NOT ONCE was I told the decision was permanent.

Waaaah, It is permanent so stick with it or start again, up to you mate.

Hashy, if this is the only mistake you will regret , then you find yourself to be a lucky man! Not kidding..

Please try and play some more of the game, and you will see just HOW MANY things are permanent in your choices. All your choices affect the outcome of your quests basically... and you DONT get a warning, and you DONT get a second chance...

If it annoys you that much just to think about what class you want to be (at level 10), you really have a looooooong way ahead of you.

Good luck then :)

I was never told it was permanent and I listen to/read everything carefully.

Saying it over and over again doesn't make it right, it's blatantly obvious from the majority on here that you are told. It may not use the exact word 'permanent' but the dialogue definately indicates that it is a one time choice.

Over the betas, early access and release, I have levelled every class to their advanced class on both sides, some more than once, and in every case the dialogue indicates the choice is irreversible.

I'm playing a bounty hunter and when I was choosing between PT or merc it never told me It would be a permanent decision. and before you jump to the conclusion that I just skip past everything and that I don't read dialog...I DO read dialog and I listen to everything I'm told very very carefully.

Nope, I have a sith warrior and a bounty hunter, both were informed. You missed it. Go replay to 10 and listen more carefully this time.

Ok I don't agree with the OP not being told. Because every single class I played you can't miss it.

However, BW did say that at launch they would have a one time respec up to some level for ACs. This looks to never have happened.

Now I think what they put in was so they didn't have to put in a respec but people make mistakes.

I am still waiting for us to dual spec.

No, I'm not going to play through the first 10 levels of another bounty hunter because BioWare wasn't smart enough to add the ability to change Adv. Classes.

Or because you weren't smart enough to read and pick the right class? Welcome to MMOs ...you can't change your class whenever you want. Re roll or return the game...I don't want to group with people like you anyway.

I did listen to two guys talk about how important the decision was but not once was I told I could never go back and use the other Adv. Class

Wow...I am not familiar with a lot of mmo games but learning from the ones I have played, the decision is pretty permanent. Why would you assume they would let you change to another class once you selected the other? o.O

I was never told that it would be permanent and I read everything/listen to everything very carefully. I may as well just Copy/paste this from now on.

So what are you expecting out of this thread? It's been proven that you did not "read everything carefully" - Why not let it go?

I was never told that it would be permanent and I read everything/listen to everything very carefully. I may as well just Copy/paste this from now on.

To simply prove my point and that of everyone else who says you were told so:

@ 4:10 it flat out says it in the subtitles.

I'm in favour of a one time, level limted option to swithc AC to amend any mistakes made or allow for a change if you find a few levels into it that the AC isn't for you. However, I know that every person you go to when you pick you AC in some way says that the AC you pick is permanent. You simply missed it, it's easily done.

So what are you expecting out of this thread? It's been proven that you did not "read everything carefully" - Why not let it go?

People can tell me that I don't read things carefully all they want, It doesn't change that fact that I do read everything carefully.

If enough people continue to bring this issue to attention, and people will, BW will add the ability to change their AV.