Switching between advanced classes

HashyAKAdave

In WOW, you cannot change your class from a Druid to a Paladin though. Which is exactly what switching your AC is comparable to.

1) No, it's nothing like that.

2) (This should be obvious) This isn't WoW, nor does it need to follow WoW's structural system. WoW didn't advertise 4 classes, and then break it off into 8 permanent ones; and even if it did, do you really think that that would hurt their game? I bet it'd raise subscriptions.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my experience this games class system is close to eq2 at its start.

They also had base classes that branched off in to advance classes.

EQ2 ended up having to change their system to picking the class from the start due to these same issues!

No to AC changing! Yes to sc****** the AC system and just have up pick at creation!

Amazing, guy comes and ask if he can chance his AC and all the fanbois start raging. This has to be the worst comminity I've seen in my gaming history. Seriously.

About the matter. AC change will be implemented at some point. Leveling experience is so linear and boring, so if you notice at level 40, that you should have chosen trooper instead of vanguard, you prapably rather quit than do the boring leveling grind all over again. It's biowares own intres to implement AC chance and soon.

Amazing, guy comes and ask if he can chance his AC and all the fanbois start raging. This has to be the worst comminity I've seen in my gaming history. Seriously.

About the matter. AC change will be implemented at some point. Leveling experience is so linear and boring, so if you notice at level 40, that you should have chosen trooper instead of vanguard, you prapably rather quit than do the boring leveling grind all over again. It's biowares own intres to implement AC chance and soon.

My god you're insanely ignorant. You've obviously never been anywhere near WoW or any other MMO community. AC change will never ever happen as stated billions of times before. Deal with it.

My god you're insanely ignorant. You've obviously never been anywhere near WoW or any other MMO community. AC change will never ever happen as stated billions of times before. Deal with it.

Gonna be funny when it finally is added. It will happen.

I would personally be extremely angry if you could change advanced class, because its essentially changing your actual class. For inquisitors it would be like changing between mages and rogues. I'd be especially angry if it they did it because people didn't want to re-do 2-3 hours work.

AC change is never going to happen - it's like allowing people to switch classes in any other MMO once they have leveled a class -- not going to happen.

It would have been better had they ditched the "base classes" which only last for the newbie zones anyway -- they're just leading to mass confusion.

AC change is never going to happen - it's like allowing people to switch classes in any other MMO once they have leveled a class -- not going to happen.

It would have been better had they ditched the "base classes" which only last for the newbie zones anyway -- they're just leading to mass confusion.

THats where the story opens up, you kind of need that part especially for some of the classes like the Trooper. It is not Bioware's fault that people don't look at the Codex, the creation screen info at the top, and the internet. You can't prevent stupidity. Nor should a game hold your hand, all the time. They made their bed now they have to sleep in it or reroll.

EDIT: For those of you saying I should remake my char, I'd rather not spend the time to do it all over again, as short as that time may be. Believe it or not but some of us have IRL obligations and cannot spend hours and hours rerolling.

This is an MMO. MMO's require you to put real life time into it. If you think your special because you can't spend more than 4 hours rerolling to level 10 then that's not Bioware's fault. Just because you can't spend time into the game, doesn't mean you get treated different. You cannot, and I assume you will not ever be able to change advanced classes. If you want to be a different advanced class then reroll. I did so myself, I had a level 26 Sith Assassin and rerolled for Sorcerer.