Switching between advanced classes

HashyAKAdave

This is most likely something that BW will have to do something about. A lot of people are going to make mistakes or find that they picked the wrong AC a few levels into it.

For some reason a lot of people seem dead set against even a one time, level limited (15-20) AC change to amend such mistakes. Spouting "choices should matter", which I find applies poorly to this sort of thing.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've talked to a few people and they say you can't switch your advanced class...I made the mistake of picking the wrong one and I didn't get a warning or anything when I selected it. Is there really no way to switch your advanced class? If not I'm glad I decided to wait before opening my Physical copy of the game.

EDIT: People seem to think I just skip all the dialog and that I don't read anything. The Fact of the matter is I do read and listen to everything and NOT ONCE was I told the decision was permanent.

I'm confused. You picked your advanced class. What is the problem? You need to leave your misconceptions about what this game should have (ie a ton of specs like Rift or a game where you can dual spec/change roles on the fly like WoW) at the door and realize that when someone tells you, in game, to make a decision it might have some sort of impact. If you're unsure, come read the forums or one of the fansites. Devs have stated multiple times that ACs are intended to be a choice that has a permanent impact on the way you play the game.

Edited by Airinya

This is most likely something that BW will have to do something about. A lot of people are going to make mistakes or find that they picked the wrong AC a few levels into it.

For some reason a lot of people seem dead set against even a one time, level limited (15-20) AC change to amend such mistakes. Spouting "choices should matter", which I find applies poorly to this sort of thing.

So how do they miss the

This class asssigment is

Healing/tank and Dps

and then ***** about that they did the wrong choice?

No, I'm not going to play through the first 10 levels of another bounty hunter because BioWare wasn't smart enough to add the ability to change Adv. Classes.

smart enough? they knew very well what they were doing and if wow kiddies like you cant relevel 1-10 then this game isnt for you, stop blaming the developer for your low iq the game gave you plenty of warnings and explanations between the 2 choices. this goes for anyone else crying that they cant switch. choices have consequences deal with it or go back to wow PLEASE.

Edited by leoheart

So how do they miss the

This class asssigment is

Healing/tank and Dps

and then ***** about that they did the wrong choice?

It could be a case of a simple mistake, accidentally clicking the wrong one. It can also be about finding you don't like the way the AC plays a few levels into it.

What would be so wrong about a one time, level limited option to switch AC? It wouldn't give rise to FOTMs.

I don't think you should be able to reclassify your character. You make that decision that's it, games ***** foot around some people way too much lately, and the players who do things like this and then complain they're not getting the world handed to them are always the ones that go on to complain later on about how the game is easy mode and that it went to fast.

I knew exactly what I was picking, I just didn't know It'd be permanent. I did not get a warning that once I picked it would be permanent.

You may simply have missed it then. Every AC trainer tells you that once you pick one you will have to stick to it.

It could be a case of a simple mistake, accidentally clicking the wrong one. It can also be about finding you don't like the way the AC plays a few levels into it.

What would be so wrong about a one time, level limited option to switch AC? It wouldn't give rise to FOTMs.

But still basicly why should you make everything idiotproof in the game maybe he wanted a healer and got a tank instead............

But what he does next without AC respecc either reroll or play tank either way gametime have increased :p and he even have gotten on a path he may like if not he reroll :)

Why should BW make a change because people can't / don't read and/or listen to the information. The audio dialogues says you can't change afterwards, the option boxes state as plain as day what each class is about, but buttons are very clear and well split so no chance of accidently pressing the wrong one.

The vast majority of 'wrong' choices will be down to the player not reading, not listening and just rushing to get it done, that is not BW fault, there is nothing wrong with the system as it is.

Simplez

Maybe BW should add confirmation dialogue boxes, then a box to confirm that you choice the right choice in the confirmation dialogue box! It doesn't matter how many 'confirmation' windows appear people will still rush through them, end up with the wrong choice and then whine that it's BW fault.

Maybe it should come up in big red, flashing letters on the screen saying 'This choice is permanent'! People will still do it wrong, whine and blame BW.

Human nature is human nature, it's always 'somebody elses fault'!

Edited by Loxion

Once you play the planets and know them you can blow through 1-10 in two hours. It's little time lost.

I say if you chose the wrong one, keep playing and make an alt to choose the other, as you may come to really enjoy it. :) Fact I have friends who have filled their character slots with two of the same class JUST to experience the alternate AC.

I've never seen a game allow you to repick your class of you don't like it. Every mmo requires you to reroll. Even eq2 did and you didn't get your full class there til level 20 :p

I knew exactly what I was picking, I just didn't know It'd be permanent. I did not get a warning that once I picked it would be permanent.

so now your saying u knew what u picked, why the hell did u picked it wrongly then :p

besides if u reroll wich takes 3 hours max since u already did it. The quests and all should be still there in your head..

p.s

U can then actually hear them saying it's permanent! /giggle

Edited by Neimi

But still basicly why should you make everything idiotproof in the game maybe he wanted a healer and got a tank instead............

But what he does next without AC respecc either reroll or play tank either way gametime have increased :p and he even have gotten on a path he may like if not he reroll :)

You didn't answer the question; What would be so wrong with what I proposed?

I don't buy into the reasoning that it will result in more game time, it may for some, but it will be seen as having to replay content needlessly and unwillingly. It's not going to be popular.

You didn't answer my question which leads me to believe you are either trolling or lying and you don't want us to be able to verify your claim.

so now your saying u knew what u picked, why the hell did u picked it wrongly then :p

besides if u reroll wich takes 3 hours max since u already did it. The quests and all should be still there in your head..

p.s

U can then actually hear them saying it's permanent! /giggle

I was never told it was permanent and I listen to/read everything carefully.

No I didn't miss anything, I read/listen to everything I'm told very carefully, Once I hit "select" It was done, no warning screen.

There Is no warning screen, the voice actor tells you that the choice will be permanent

Edited by lunabaguna

so what did u pick? and what did u not want from it?

if u want to tank and picked merc.. that sucks

or if u wanted to heal and picked powertech that also sucks.

but if u wanted to dps or pvp well u can do just fine with both advanced classes