Switching between advanced classes

HashyAKAdave

I've talked to a few people and they say you can't switch your advanced class...I made the mistake of picking the wrong one and I didn't get a warning or anything when I selected it. Is there really no way to switch your advanced class? If not I'm glad I decided to wait before opening my Physical copy of the game.

READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST: I DO read everything and listen to everything very carefully, I didn't miss anything saying it'd be permanent.

EDIT: For those of you saying I should remake my char, I'd rather not spend the time to do it all over again, as short as that time may be. Believe it or not but some of us have IRL obligations and cannot spend hours and hours rerolling.

Around 12:30 is where you pick your AV for BH and I didn't see one warning that it would be permanent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUtZ4Q0p_w

Edited by HashyAKAdave

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get a warning or anything when I selected it.

You got plenty of warnings. The guy jammers on for hours about how important this decision is, and how permanent it is. And when you click "select" another confirmation comes up with "Are you sure" etc etc.

Unfortunately, you can only reroll now.

Or, as you said, you can return your game. If leveling 1-10 is too hard for your own mistake, this game is probably not for you.

Edited by DesleDarksyde

You weren't given a warning? BS. The game tells you that once you've made your choice, the other option is locked to you forever.

Anyway, this is no different than saying, "I rolled a Warlock, but now I want to play a Mage. I should be able to switch!"

That's right. You clicked the wrong button so you have to replay the exact same 2-4 hours over again to fix it.

But "choices have consequences" and that makes the game more fun right?

No, I'm not going to play through the first 10 levels of another bounty hunter because BioWare wasn't smart enough to add the ability to change Adv. Classes.

No, I'm not going to play through the first 10 levels of another bounty hunter because BioWare wasn't smart enough to add the ability to change Adv. Classes.

Nope... We had a 2500 post discussion about it. It was intentionally left out.

You rolled a warlock, but you wanted a mage. It happens.

Didn't you say your copy of the game is still unopened?

Edited by DesleDarksyde

They did go out of their way to tell you, several times, that the choice you were making was irreversible, and to be absolutely sure you knew which one you wanted. They also provided you with all of the data necessary to make an informed decision.

I Was never given any warning, a screen came up, I read about both and Hit "Select" and that was it, I was never shown a "Are you sure" screen.

I did listen to two guys talk about how important the decision was but not once was I told I could never go back and use the other Adv. Class

I LOL'd. A NPC tells you the choice is permanent. There are two big windows that spell out exactly what each AC does...yet somehow, BioWare is dumb? :confused:

Edited by Sireene
insulting

LOL. What a fool you are. The space bar bandit missed every freaking warning and BW are the stupid ones?

Get a clue SON!!

I LOL'd. A NPC tells you the choice is permanent. There are two big windows that spell out exactly what each AC does...yet somehow, BioWare is dumb? :confused:

I was NEVER told it was permanent and I listen/read everything I'm told.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

Well, Bioware WAS talking about adding in an option to change Advance Class really early on just for situations like this. I don't know why it never happened, but they really should have something for the people that pick the wrong AC on accident, or get an immediate change of heart. Edited by Sireene
quote of deleted post

You got plenty of warnings. The guy jammers on for hours about how important this decision is, and how permanent it is. And when you click "select" another confirmation comes up with "Are you sure" etc etc.

Unfortunately, you can only reroll now.

Or, as you said, you can return your game. If leveling 1-10 is too hard for your own mistake, this game is probably not for you.

There is no confimation after you click select (unless I've become so used to it that I just click passed it out of habbit).

While I dont support the cry of "I chose the wrong clas hitting the wrong button" crowd whining that they didnt take the time to investigate what they wanted, I do think at level 10 you should be able to repick your advanced class but at the cost of losing the abilities and money spent on training in the prior advanced class, but after level 10 I do not support the change due to the fact that the advanced classes really are just like different classes all together they turn the game from 4 classes into 8 and being able to swap willy nilly deteriorates your choice to "whats more advantageous atm".