Struggling with PvP AND quests [Rant]

Chroniclewulf

I always wondered what people kept complaining about how mercenary needs to be nerfed, and now I get what people mean, Im on Corellia right now and I cant even do my class quests with me being a level higher, a fight with a silver and standard enemy just puts me down to a 1/4 almost instantly, and it does no justice to know my companions tanking is awful, and I almost need to use a medkit in almost every fight I go into, and im beginning to find it impossible to fight Elite enemies and bosses alike

PvP is pretty much the same, my DPS ability sucks. The fact Bioware nerfed the only ability which Mercenaries actually can do damage with just makes PvP all the more harder! and the healing system of Mercenaries do literally f*ck all to help out, the heat system just makes things complicated; with an incredibly long cooldown and with Vent Heat taking 1:30 to charge: I'm finding PvP harder by the day, with full PvP gear to use.

Its been about 5 versions since they nerfed our class and still no sign of any help coming from them; Bioware provide some justice to us mercs!

BONUS for those who didn't TL;DR: I even had to bring my level 50 Sorcerer friend to help me out on a class quest I was 3 levels higher than!

TL;DR - Mercenaries are completely screwed in almost every aspect in the game

Edited by Chroniclewulf

Are you using all of your ability's correctly? Are you keeping you gear upgraded?

Mercs suck in PvP because all of their abilities have cast times making them susceptible to interrupts. They also cannot DPS on the move. These issues are not really present in PvE. Make sure you are using your self heals and CC's on strong mobs.

Are you using all of your ability's correctly? Are you keeping you gear upgraded?

Mercs suck in PvP because all of their abilities have cast times making them susceptible to interrupts. They also cannot DPS on the move. These issues are not really present in PvE. Make sure you are using your self heals and CC's on strong mobs.

Its mainly the annoying heat system, the fact I need to wait 2 minutes to complete a cycle again just makes playing a pain in the *ss and I can't monitor the heat no matter how much I try

Ive raised every class to level 50 except Mercs just started mine 2 days ago an I'm level 21. I easily blow through pve/class quests with just my aoe skills. It could be that I have a pyrotech and have a hang of the heat system but i REALLY have to try to overheat as arsenal merc just like Advanced Prototype.

That said make sure what ever companion you're using is geared at the very LEAST you and your companion should be in all blues that are as close to your level as possible.

As for your heat issues id say do a little testing. Stop and pick a group to fight and try an "aoe rotation" instead of a "single target" rotation like explosive dart - fusion missle - blaster sweep when i use this rotation they are all well below half or dead pick off the rest with rapid shots or have your companion finish them off.

Maybe it's you?

I had L 45 merc, and levelling was fine (deleted as I didn't like play style)

This game is easy enough, specially if you keep gear up to date, companion up to day, and not spamming single abilities....

maybe you have poor rotation? or wrong companion? not using CC?