Maintenance Now???

Prysha

And I answered to him I dont like it. This is called discussion in modern world as I want my opinion to be taken seriously.

Its called freedom of speech and freedom of choice. YOU choose to read what I wrote, if you didn't like it you didn't have to read it.

FFS lighten up a little already.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be hard to know whether or not you like something until you read it... so you can't decide not to read something if you don't like it.

Well if you read something and didn't like it, then why post anything? Just move on.....

Or maybe take the time and read some of the posts before that post that made you angry, then that person would see that what I and other people where talking about wasn't serious at all.

But instead that person reads 1 post and jumps to conclusions.

And that lady's and gentlemen is whats wrong with today's society!!!! :p

Its called freedom of speech and freedom of choice. YOU choose to read what I wrote, if you didn't like it you didn't have to read it.

FFS lighten up a little already.

How do you know if you don't like something someone has written unless you've read it?

Your statement contradicts itself.

Hi folks, we apologize about the time error. We were able to correct the times a few minutes before the maintenance began, but we know that wasn't enough of a heads up. Fortunately, maintenance lasted about an hr, instead of 2. Again we apologize and we will work on making sure to identify all correct timing for all timezones for future maintenances.

Hi folks, we apologize about the time error. We were able to correct the times a few minutes before the maintenance began, but we know that wasn't enough of a heads up. Fortunately, maintenance lasted about an hr, instead of 2. Again we apologize and we will work on making sure to identify all correct timing for all timezones for future maintenances.

Good stuff, glad to hear. :)

What good does it do to correct the time "a few minutes" before maintenance began? Who does that help, and why would you pat yourself on the back about it? Seriously, dude, that deserves negative credit because it just seems like something you'd do to make it look like you weren't ridiculously sloppy in the first place. Step it up, you're running a business.

Eh that's ok. We just had to try heal our progression op with a fresh 50 because our main healer went to bed :(

What good does it do to correct the time "a few minutes" before maintenance began? Who does that help, and why would you pat yourself on the back about it? Seriously, dude, that deserves negative credit because it just seems like something you'd do to make it look like you weren't ridiculously sloppy in the first place. Step it up, you're running a business.

What good does it do to whine about it?

Who would it have helped if they had let us know, like 12 hours before the maintenance began? Is anyone on some sort of medication that's somehow connected to SWTOR's uptime and downtime?

lol

Some people desperately need to relax. It's a game.

(I don't see you making a fuss about the fact that the downtime was 1hr and not 2... Wasn't that ridiculously sloppy since it didn't take as long as they said it would? :rolleyes:)

Thank you for the update, Joveth.

Edited by TheNahash

What good does it do to whine about it?

Who would it have helped if they had let us know, like 12 hours before the maintenance began? Is anyone on some sort of medication that's somehow connected to SWTOR's uptime and downtime?

lol

Some people desperately need to relax. It's a game.

(I don't see you making a fuss about the fact that the downtime was 1hr and not 2... Wasn't that ridiculously sloppy since it didn't take as long as they said it would? :rolleyes:)

Thank you for the update, Joveth.

Corporate defender, ho! People schedule things around raiding and the game they pay for actually being available. If you hadn't completely ignored this whole thread to jump to the defense of the people paid not to make idiotic mistakes, you may have appreciated that. The reason complaints are necessary is so that the people who make the mistakes can know which things they should probably pay more attention to, and try NOT to screw up in the future. It's called feedback, and it's kind of important.

Oh, and everyone knows that the length of downtime is an estimate, and the many times it has gone OVER the estimated time is not a real cause for complaint either, but giving people accurate information about when they can expect to play the game they pay for is.

Do you need any more help with your eyes?

Corporate defender, ho! People schedule things around raiding and the game they pay for actually being available. If you hadn't completely ignored this whole thread to jump to the defense of the people paid not to make idiotic mistakes, you may have appreciated that. The reason complaints are necessary is so that the people who make the mistakes can know which things they should probably pay more attention to, and try NOT to screw up in the future. It's called feedback, and it's kind of important.

Oh, and everyone knows that the length of downtime is an estimate, and the many times it has gone OVER the estimated time is not a real cause for complaint either, but giving people accurate information about when they can expect to play the game they pay for is.

Do you need any more help with your eyes?

Yes, dude. Anyone who doesn't agree with your hilarious comment is a corporate defender. Keep telling yourself that.

Feedback is important when people or companies don't realize that the way they're doing things is wrong. Joveth apologized (or did you miss that?) and said that they would try not to screw up again. Would you like that in a contract?

But what I actually find most funny about your post is that you think feedback is needed on this subject. As if they're going around saying "well, yes, we should just post wrong information regarding downtime from now on".

Had you mentioned the fact that they cancelled yesterday's patch for today, I would've agreed with you. Saturday is not really a great day for downtime. But as it stands, your post is just hilarious.

Oh and also regarding your "and the many times it has gone OVER the estimated time is not a real cause for complaint either", I would suggest using the search button and seeing for yourself how people react to that. Might not be a reason for complaint (not unlike your comment) but people still do it.

Do you need more help? :rolleyes:

Edited by TheNahash

The phrase you're looking for is "too little too late". That and "we can't tell our back side from our elbow".

Seriously... you expect us to pay for this?

Edited by Midget_Yoda

The phrase you're looking for is "too little too late". That and "we can't tell our back side from our elbow".

Seriously... you expect us to pay for this?

TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF TOR SERVICES, TOR SOFTWARE, AND THE INTERNET IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TOR SERVICES, TOR SOFTWARE, AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, UNLESS SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION. BIOWARE PROVIDES TOR SERVICES ON A COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE BASIS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE TOR SERVICES AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING, OR THAT BIOWARE WILL HAVE ADEQUATE CAPACITY FOR TOR SERVICES AS A WHOLE OR IN ANY SPECIFIC GEOGRAPHIC AREA.

- http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/termsofservice

The point? You digitally signed the ToS by installing and playing this game. If you have subbed, then yes you are expected to pay for this. Companies make mistakes and they apologised.

Yes, dude. Anyone who doesn't agree with your hilarious comment is a corporate defender. Keep telling yourself that.

Feedback is important when people or companies don't realize that the way they're doing things is wrong. Joveth apologized (or did you miss that?) and said that they would try not to screw up again. Would you like that in a contract?

But what I actually find most funny about your post is that you think feedback is needed on this subject. As if they're going around saying "well, yes, we should just post wrong information regarding downtime from now on".

Had you mentioned the fact that they cancelled yesterday's patch for today, I would've agreed with you. Saturday is not really a great day for downtime. But as it stands, your post is just hilarious.

Oh and also regarding your "and the many times it has gone OVER the estimated time is not a real cause for complaint either", I would suggest using the search button and seeing for yourself how people react to that. Might not be a reason for complaint (not unlike your comment) but people still do it.

Do you need more help? :rolleyes:

People like to know when they shut down the server. there where a lot less people playing friday afternoon as there normaly would. if you say you'll gona bring down the server do it at the time you say you'll do it not change it 3 times.

- http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/termsofservice

The point? You digitally signed the ToS by installing and playing this game. If you have subbed, then yes you are expected to pay for this. Companies make mistakes and they apologised.

In a game that's already gone F2P because they demonstrably can't deliver... My question was rhetorical, of course EAware _expect_ us to pay. Our (mine in particular) continued error is that we do.

Edit: Incidentally, you're explicitly making the case that EAware can, for example, delete your characters at will, and then completely ignore any complaints. Go you.

Edited by Midget_Yoda

• 1 month later...