Final Wave Sent!

uniscorn

this thread needs to be going so bioware sees the utter disgust towards them and their jaw-dropping incompetence plus idiotic dickery from the community. We are disgusted with your lies bioware!

Speak for yourself ... I am not disgusted ... and I do not believe BIOWARE lied to me - I read the information that was available.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The big injustice I see is that hardcore players simply lost their opportunity and drive to achieve some goals.... Some of us cleared our week to slodge thru SWTOR content in the hopes of hitting 50 on a server first, clearing content on a server first, etc..... and that's simply going to be impossible now that the lucky few have such a head start....
Then those hardcore players should have pre-ordered earlier..since it did note in several places that it would be like this.

What self-respecting hardcore player would not be first in line to pre-order?

Edited by Hordequester

Remember that Stephen Reid called EGA a Launch event. He also said Launch events aren't for stress testing. Then he said that we are actually stress testing.

Also, don't forget that they are very proud of not having any queues; but they forgot the artificial queues left on the forums. Oh well, they tried.

No he didn't, and your continued insistence that he did calls your literacy into question.

the Official launch day may be in 7 days, but as far as game access was this morning. The game IS live right now so that is what they refer to as "launch".

But is not open to the general public only selected individuals which as you well know means is not the official "launch" and continuing to argue it is pointless. I'm not saying you're point of view is wrong, though i do disagree with it. i'm just saying can ppl please stop flogging the dead horse of "Launch" definition... we all know what we're saying, well some people :S

Trolling ... or plainly missunderstood how it works?

Works as the following (Origin pre-orders in this case)

If you pre-ordered a physical version of the Game, the payment card that you input into the Origin.com billing system at the time of pre-order will be used to charge the remaining cost of the Game starting at December 13th at 5:00 AM PST

If you pre-ordered a digital version of the Game, the payment card that you input into the Origin.com billing system at the time of pre-order will be used to charge the remaining cost of the Game starting on December 16th

So TRShazbott is right, the 30 days will only start being deducted as below:

If you redeem your Product Registration Code during Early Game Access, your 30 days of Game Time starts on December 20th, 2011 at 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM PST; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01AM CET).

The only thing I dont like about it is being charged at the 16th (got the digital version) and still not knowing when I'll get EGA....but i'll wait.

Bioware clearly stated that EGA was to be given in order in which you redeemed your code. Naturally the faster you pre ordered and submitted your code, the faster you would get in. so unless you bought it the 21-22, you have no logical argument as to why you are not in.

Also, stop using CE edition as an i deserve to go in first. you did not pay 150 dollars for the game, you paid $60 like some of us, and then you paid 40 for the extra items, and 50 to feel good about having a CE, so stop throwing that around, its pointless.

Thank you for being the voice of reason in this thread. The amount of trolling/name calling and whining from both sides of the fence is unbelievable. People really need to step back, take a deep breath and try and see things from both sides.

Kinda hard to see things from the other side of the fence cuz my launcher wont let me queue, there is like 2 million butts in my way and the 10 people on the other side of the fence have already moved out of the beginner zone that i cant access yet...

I run two webservers, three gaming servers, a ventrillo server, and several other various internet machinations. So, yes, I do know quite a bit about server administration. I only handle a few thousand users though..nothing of this magnitude. But, even at that level, I have quite a bit more insight into the problems involved in a large launch than most of the people saying this is a horrible way to do it.

Then you should know that your environment is capable of handling half of its users hitting it at once without crashing (if not your doing it wrong or have several thousand unique users hitting your webservers over the course of a long periode of time).

For example you Vent server can handle 100 users then how would having 50 ppl on vent cause any issues?

Webserver capable of handling 2000 requests/min gets 1000 requests in a minute.

Im not saying its horrible Im saying it is not on a big enough scale and if it is already causing BW issues the 20th is going to be a bad bad day.

NO they didn't. They said it Way after the fact, months after per order was available.

It's not BW's fault you can't comprehend what "first come, first served" means. They said that since the beginning. They clarified it later on, but the core message was set in stone before that.

For those who supported the "Sensible Reply" post - I do not believe that it would be wrong for you to request the thread to be unlocked. I'm not sure what forum policies are for PM'ing a moderator, but I have - no warning or penalty for respectfully requesting the thread to be unlocked.

So, if you want to take a chance, don't say I didn't warn you, please take a moment and respectfully request the following thread be unlocked:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=9124

You may PM the moderator here. If you are warned to stop, please do so. I don't want anyone missing out on play time or forum access for this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=541862

As far as the staggered release goes it is a decent concept but it is showing its flaws...no matter how well the servers hold up now if they can't handle everyone now this weekend(well the 20th for that matter) will be a failure as most people will be login on...plus its driving a wedge in the player base before the game even starts (hehe PvP vs PvE)...

I run two webservers, three gaming servers, a ventrillo server, and several other various internet machinations. So, yes, I do know quite a bit about server administration. I only handle a few thousand users though..nothing of this magnitude. But, even at that level, I have quite a bit more insight into the problems involved in a large launch than most of the people saying this is a horrible way to do it.

I don't completely disagree with what you said nor am I an administrator of anything but I MUCH rather pay an actual extra fee (like a speed pass) and KNOW I have access on day 1 than simply pre-order and find out I don't.

This might not be so frustrating if from the start they would have told us, the date you preorder and enter your code dictates when you get early game access. Then at least people would have known they better preorder right away if they want max play time...

That being said, This will all be over in a few days... but this whole system was poorly managed.

It depends on how long all this will take. If all or almost all that pre ordered can play the 15th this is not a bad way to handle things. If the difference between the first and last wave is 6 days it really is bad, IMO. At least worse than the other 8-9 MMO:s I have played the last 13 years...

But I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

The big injustice I see is that hardcore players simply lost their opportunity and drive to achieve some goals.... Some of us cleared our week to slodge thru SWTOR content in the hopes of hitting 50 on a server first, clearing content on a server first, etc..... and that's simply going to be impossible now that the lucky few have such a head start....

Then you should have registered earlier. Surely you understand what "first come, first served" means.

For those who supported the "Sensible Reply" post - I do not believe that it would be wrong for you to request the thread to be unlocked. I'm not sure what forum policies are for PM'ing a moderator, but I have - no warning or penalty for respectfully requesting the thread to be unlocked.

So, if you want to take a chance, don't say I didn't warn you, please take a moment and respectfully request the following thread be unlocked:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=9124

You may PM the moderator here. If you are warned to stop, please do so. I don't want anyone missing out on play time or forum access for this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=541862

Absolutely.

I'm shocked it was locked to be honest. I want a response as it is completely true.

they are drones, ignore them, they do whatever the corporation tells them, believe what the company tells them to believe, like North Korean citizens but more opinionated.

this is what annoys me... just brush aside comments simply because they are not negative and differ from yours no matter how they're put accross. The only thing that's worse than a troll is a troll pretending tp take some kind of high ground

It depends on how long all this will take. If all or almost all that pre ordered can play the 15th this is not a bad way to handle things. If the difference between the first and last wave is 6 days it really is bad, IMO. At least worse than the other 8-9 MMO:s I have played the last 13 years...

But I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Yup, that's true, I expecting it to take quite some time as it seems, only a small portion of people go into the game today, But its impossible to know How many got in and how many are still waiting unless bioware releases that information. Which probably wont happen.

Stop closing threads about EGA, it is basically infringing free speech...

Well...

Except for the fact that this is a server owned by a private company and they do get to choose and enforce rules as they desire.

There are forums other places that have less strict rules about posting. But they still have rules.

"Originally Posted by Senedane

lol get a life.

server first server first waaaaaaaaaa