Final Wave Sent!

uniscorn

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm cool with waiting..but it is rough knowing the PVP server my guild is on is showing full on day one and none of us have access..as we all know the only problem in all of this is the uncertainty of the situation for so many fans of this game.."if" we get to play tomorrow I can only imagine how many players will be waiting to slaughter massive amounts of lower level players..I know I would be. :D

This.

They must know who's going into each wave. The majority of the upset is in not knowing when they will be allowed to go, thus are sitting about twiddling their thumbs and hitting refresh.

Email on Monday saying you will be on day x wave y roughly time z. Would of saved a lot of fall out.

Though I'm slightly concerned by my preset sever being flagged as full. Is this full including me? Or full at the moment?

Because they don't know when they are going to let people in they are probably aiming to as much as they can whilst still maintaining a healthy population growth, they will let as many people in as they can without compromising the long term succes of the server populations!!

i'm cool with waiting..but it is rough knowing the PVP server my guild is on is showing full on day one and none of us have access..as we all know the only problem in all of this is the uncertainty of the situation for so many fans of this game.."if" we get to play tomorrow I can only imagine how many players will be waiting to slaughter massive amounts of lower level players..I know I would be. :D

same for me :s

Class action law suit anyone? We can contact the Better Business Bureau in mass. Misleading advertising and people are being discriminated against. We paid the same amount of money as those already in. Why are we being discriminated against?

I agree, this is crazy that we have to wait even though we paid the same amount of money. Post on Star Wars: The Old Republic's face book page, let others see what is going on. GET THE WORD OUT.

The way they are doing it is fine. They just should tell EVERYONE when they expect them to be able to play. Not knowing when you can play is worse then knowing for certain you can't play untill the 20th.

exactly. Its the perception that is the failure here. Technically the launch maybe progressing perfectly, but its STILL a fail launch if all your customers are unhappy.

Not doing invites 24/7 makes your customers think they arent important. Its just the perception, but thats a powerful thing for ANY customer.

When I worked customer service I knew right away, regardless of how much or how little I could help, to make sure the customer PERCEIVED I cared and was trying to help. That right there makes for a happier customer than ANYTHING else you manage to do for them.

Edited by Ezren

full =/= FULL, cba to find out where but there are 2 statuses above full, or something like that, and the 2nd one is when the server pop is capped

During beta server status of full meant full. There was no status above full. When it got to that status the Q would pop. You have Locked, Low, Medium, Heavy and Full.

Couple of points people seem to be confusing:-

1) Invites are based on when you redeemed your pre order code, not when you actually pre ordered.

2) "Full" server means full at the moment and you'd have to que to enter, not full and you can't create toons on said server ;)

Edited by Aldan

Criteria:

1. 950,000 pre-orders to invite
  2. 60% (rough estimate) ordered within first few days
  3. Need to gauge server stability as logins occur
  4. Knowledge that invite =/= login - some people have to get home first
  5. Will not risk future of game by flooding with too many servers just to allow access - risk is that later down the line those servers will empty

Given those criteria, and likely some more, how would you do it?

Telling people what day to expect sounds nice, but I don't think it fits with numbers 2-5.

exactly. Its the perception that is the failure here. Technically the launch maybe progression perfectly, but its STILL a fail launch if all your customers are unhappy.

Not doing invites 24/7 makes your customers think they arent important. Its just the perception, but thats a powerful thing for ANY customer.

When I worked customer service I knew right away, regardless of how much or how little I could help, to make sure the customer PERCEIVED I cared and was trying to help. That right there makes for a happier customer than ANYTHING else you manage to do for them.

Perception is everything, you have hit it right on the money. Bioware is telling me that I am not as good as those that are playing right now, even though I paid the same amount as them. This game will fail now and kill a ton of its player base, all because they want to take a break. If they would keep the invites going 24/7 until all early access players were in, then it would mitigate a lot of this issue.

Criteria:

5. Will not risk future of game by flooding with too many servers just to allow access - risk is that later down the line those servers will empty

Telling people what day to expect sounds nice, but I don't think it fits with numbers 2-5.

VG charts show 925k preorders to current date.

125k in July.

How is that 60% ?

exactly. Its the perception that is the failure here. Technically the launch maybe progressing perfectly, but its STILL a fail launch if all your customers are unhappy.

^^^^ This ^^^^

Criteria:

except 60% didnt order in first few days. They only had a 100k in july. so that is more like 10%