Relics of the Gree Event – Sneak Peek Video

CourtneyWoods

Can we get an official response, is this going to be a PvP, PvE or PvPvE event?

It looks like it is going to be PvE from the small bits of info we have seen, but the western shelf is where PvP has been known to take place. So is this the PvP revamp or a 2 week event and open world PvP or however PvP on ilum is going to change is going to be something different?

I stand corrected. Still it would have been more informative if this event is "the repeatable rep grind gree illum event" to have said ... "The start of uncovering what the Gree are up to ..." or words to that effect to indicate that this will in fact be part of the new rep grind system. :cool:

Relics of the Gree was said to be a recurring event, huh? there is no specified time frame. Could be next year, could be 2 months. Could be every month. Afterall there is nothing else to do on the Western Ice Shelf if the even is not up. The event is the "ilum revamp", no?

Relics of the Gree was said to be a recurring event, huh? there is no specified time frame. Could be next year, could be 2 months. Could be every month. Afterall there is nothing else to do on the Western Ice Shelf if the even is not up. The event is the "ilum revamp", no?

Unknown. Would be nice of them to say.

Also, would be nice to know if this event is tied to the repeatable monthly Gree rep grind or a one off. :cool:

I hope we will finally get a bind on legacy lightsaber where we can change the mods (especially the hilt).

agreed. I have 2 bowcasters just sitting there collecting dust. I really want a lightsaber for my sage. perhaps a new green variant color crystal as well.

I was afraid of that. I just hit 42, unless I do a massive grind, I won't hit 50 before the event ends. :mad:

level 45 should be good IMO. If your a tank then for sure. I usually complete the main questline at about level 46.

Get some exp increase pack and get to it.

If you are lucky this will be the "repeatable" event (monthly) for the Rep grind. If you are not and it runs as the other events in the past, it will be for one week only.

Of course EAware could have been more clear and given more details as to how long the event will last but, alas and true to form, they give next to no IMPORTANT information. :cool:

Well they've said repeatable before (which I assumed meant it would just stay around)... Those dates have me worried. The events have been fun before, but they really should repeat every now and then.

Edited by Leonick

Finally! The Reboot of Ilum!

*crosses sabers*

please do it right BW...please do it right BW...please do it right BW...

Well if the content shown in the video is in the same area (PvP and PvE) then we can say without a doubt that they haven't done it right. If the PvE content is instanced or in a safe zone, however, it may prove to be a decent event for all.

level 45 should be good IMO. If your a tank then for sure. I usually complete the main questline at about level 46.

Get some exp increase pack and get to it.

Sweet, that gives me hope. Thanks!

I didn't like the idea of missing out on this event, I've been leveling as fast as my free time permits for it.

My highest character, who is also my main, is a Guardian LVL 47 at the moment, and I'm very excited for this event. The description in the OP reminds me of SWG-style events and unique theme parks, that would send armies of players across the galaxy. Sometimes on a wild goose chase. :jawa_biggrin:

I remember one just like that on Yavin 4. :D Love it.

P.S. Forgot to add, that ppl often wanted the Themeparks/Events done on ALL of their characters in time! :eek:

Edited by Tando-Fett

Ya I tried it. So much for this one. I got ganked 10 times in very short order. That was by idiots that are geared for pvp when most of the missions are PvE. How the hell are you supposed to make progress in it when all that happens is you get thrashed every 5 minutes. Nice screw up on this one bioware. Couldn't you have made it that the only pvp area was where those missions are?

P.S. I wont be back on Illum till after this bs crap is done. Thanks for ruining this event for us. Its not worth my frustration with a game I love but crap like this ruins it for me. Thanks a lot.

Edited by KratorOfCondor

• 2 weeks later...
Ya I tried it. So much for this one. I got ganked 10 times in very short order. That was by idiots that are geared for pvp when most of the missions are PvE. How the hell are you supposed to make progress in it when all that happens is you get thrashed every 5 minutes. Nice screw up on this one bioware. Couldn't you have made it that the only pvp area was where those missions are?

P.S. I wont be back on Illum till after this bs crap is done. Thanks for ruining this event for us. Its not worth my frustration with a game I love but crap like this ruins it for me. Thanks a lot.

Have you tried fighting back rather than rolling over?

• 3 weeks later...
Have you tried fighting back rather than rolling over?

I'm sure they did but you can't beat a group as a solo player when they're pvp geared and you're in pve gear, too much expertise to fight when you have none/very little.