Cure?

Isxossk

I hate to admit it but I never use this skill. I play PVE and PVP and probably would have situations where it would be beneficial. Do you use this skill? When? I appreciate the feedback and discussion. Thanks!

In PVP i use it ALL the time, Dots can be a real killer. clear them and you stay up longer.. hot key that asap

Cleansing is very important in pve and has a lot of purpose in pvp as well. I'd get used to cleansing targets. Most of the higher-end operations require cleansing, and getting off a quick cleanse on a target with TD attached to them could mean life and death for your teammates.

As a bodyguard Merc who does almost no PVP, I do use it to keep DoTs off the tank whenever possible, makes my job a little easier as some of them can be a real killer. The CD is quick enough and the heat cost low enough that I can just include it in my rotation

In PvP I only use it when I have accepted that I am on the defensive. Usually when I am trying to escape and not worried about attacking.

If im in an equal fight and I happen to be on fire, I won't bother cleansing. In a DPS race, the cleanse will hurt you since it only will save you from 1k-2k damage if that. Usually I am better off to just keep attacking.

Oh and the final use of Cleanse....when you respawn and are still on fire!

Doesnt the cure negate CC effects too in pvp? Its description says it negates negative effects, which I think include many stuns or slowing effects.

Somebody can clarify this.

I can confirm this. Works in PvE as well. Sorcs can cleanse Force CCs (i.e. Whirlwind) and I believe Ops/Mercs can cleanse Tech CCs (i.e. Concussive Missile).

You can only cleanse CCs of your same type? That might explain why the cure ability has always seemed to spotty to me. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't... given its unreliability, I usually just wait for effects to wear off rather than waste time and energy gambling on whether it would actually function.

You can only cleanse CCs of your same type? That might explain why the cure ability has always seemed to spotty to me. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't... given its unreliability, I usually just wait for effects to wear off rather than waste time and energy gambling on whether it would actually function.

As far as my experience goes, yeah. That's just how I've seen it whilst questing with friends/solo.