[Proposal] ideas for BioWare/EA to save the game while making a fortune

iFruit

I, for one, support these ideas.

I think some of you missed the part where the OP mentioned legacy requirements. I have five 50's and I'm only LL45 or 47 (something like that.) For us that have been through the planet quests so many times, it really discourages you (or maybe it's just me) from creating another character... or trying to level through PvP and just do story quests... idk.

Also, I'm not sure why switching your advanced class would be such a bad idea. I've been playing my Operative since beta, and it would be a real nice change to check out a sniper.

Switching things up now and again is not a bad idea. It keeps things fresh.

Also, I'm not sure why switching your advanced class would be such a bad idea. I've been playing my Operative since beta, and it would be a real nice change to check out a sniper.

I think you should look at those first 10 levels not as the "Imperial Agent" class, but as a tutorial, to warm you up for a ranged class that uses gadgets.

And then I ask you, if that whole 'tutorial' phase wasn't there, and you pick either Operative or Sniper from the character creation.. Would you still support AC swap?

Not going to comment on the OP's suggestions. Some I don't like, the others I don't care. But fair enough. That's okay. Seriously. I don't mind.

But: Why does all this have to come packaged as "ideas to save the game while making a fortune"?! Why not simply post suggestions as what they are, i.e. suggestions, instead of trying to find a killa argumentation that doesn't wash anyway? :confused:

I am with you, some folks did not read the latest investors meeting, and seen the money generated by micro transactions, from three EA games including the old repulic.. :)

Frankly none of the things mentioned is going to save the game. Adding more stuff to the Cartel Market, regardless of what it is, is not going to save the game.

Do you have a possible link to that?

"Extra content and free-to-play contributed $185 million, up 50% led by FIFA and Madden

Ultimate Team and Star Wars: The Old Republic. These revenues relate to businesses on

PC or consoles, where consumers pay for additional digital content -- including virtual

characters, map packs and micro-transactions associated with browser based games or

MMO’s – like Star Wars. As a reminder, on November 15th we launched our free-to-play

option for Star Wars: The Old Republic. Very early indications have been positive and we

are pleased with the initial results but it is too early to know how successful this will be in the

long term."

http://investor.ea.com/events.cfm?list=Featured,Future,Past

** Q3 prepared comments, "EA's Q3 non-GAAP digital net revenue"

Of course that doesn't mean that most of it is coming from SWTOR though, but I'm guessing it's probably between 30-50% of the total.

If you introduce any of these facets, I'll drop my subscription.

Exactly. Number 5 especially.

I'm fine with them releasing cosmetic fluff and time savers in the market, but once that turns to quests and missions that separate subscribers from spenders, count me out.

However...I doubt we'll ever see that. "Fluff" stuff is easy and cheap to create, yet sells for massive amounts of $$$. Adding a quest wouldn't get them anything more on their investment. A quest would take 10X's as long to create and cost them far more than they could justify.

Right now, they sell recolored armor for $12...That work takes maybe 15-30min to recolor stuff. A quest is WEEKS of manpower...and in order to maintain their current margin, they'd need to sell them for $60+ with the added 'quest'...I just don't see that ever happening.