Merc heal question

Zaxem

Hi i'm about to hit 50 on my merc haven't tried heal spec yet just got 1 question. I plan on mostly playing arsenal dps but i was wondering does heal spec need much alacrity( haste) at all cause i was planning on using my dps pve set for my heal set and have a few extra enchantments i can swap out for when i do heal since heals don't need accuracy. and of course get the campaign heal armoring from the vendor

Thanks

get the heal set anyway for the healing bonus if you plan on healing.

for healing importance of stats it is:

Aim>Power>Crit>Surge>Alacrity.

so alacrity is the least important stat for us.

A big tip from me: When levelling up I healed all flashpoints, but found kolto missile kinda useless. so I barely ever used it. at level 50: Kolto missile is your main spam button. keep it on CD full time :)

the biggest difference of healing at low level vs at max level.

get the heal set anyway for the healing bonus if you plan on healing.

for healing importance of stats it is:

Aim>Power>Crit>Surge>Alacrity.

so alacrity is the least important stat for us.

A big tip from me: When levelling up I healed all flashpoints, but found kolto missile kinda useless. so I barely ever used it. at level 50: Kolto missile is your main spam button. keep it on CD full time :)

the biggest difference of healing at low level vs at max level.

Yeah i plan on getting the healing set bonuses. But thanks so i can pretty much use my dps gear just swap the armoring out for the set bonus once i get campign

Yeah i plan on getting the healing set bonuses. But thanks so i can pretty much use my dps gear just swap the armoring out for the set bonus once i get campign

Yup, simple steps to do:

#1 get as quick as possible the 4 setbonus of the pve healer set

#2 Lose the accuracy on your gear and get healer-type stats back

and from there out slowly build your gear to: 35% crit, 30% surge while still keeping Aim as most important stat and power as 2nd important stat.

30% surge? Way to much and not even possible without the +1% from compainions. You wanna balance Surge and Alacrity/Accuracy in endgame gear.

Over 300 surge rating doesn't do much good. Once your're close to that number, put the rest in the other stat.

Oh yeah, and also saying 35% crit is also missleading. Merc healers get a ton of bonus crit. What you should look at is the crit ration. That should be between 250 and 350. Where you end up is basicly personal taste. I run with 335 crit ration at the moment and like it.

Edited by Morngwath

30% surge? Way to much and not even possible without the +1% from compainions. You wanna balance Surge and Alacrity/Accuracy in endgame gear.

Over 300 surge rating doesn't do much good. Once your're close to that number, put the rest in the other stat.

Oh yeah, and also saying 35% crit is also missleading. Merc healers get a ton of bonus crit. What you should look at is the crit ration. That should be between 250 and 350. Where you end up is basicly personal taste. I run with 335 crit ration at the moment and like it.

yeah i'm probally only gonna get to like 75-77% surge lol my jugg has around 78% and the DR hit pretty damn hard around 78% and that's only because i got accuracy talent. I just wanted to see how important alacarity was. Really was only planning on getting if it happens to be on implants/ear otherwise ignore it

yeah i'm probally only gonna get to like 75-77% surge lol my jugg has around 78% and the DR hit pretty damn hard around 78% and that's only because i got accuracy talent. I just wanted to see how important alacarity was. Really was only planning on getting if it happens to be on implants/ear otherwise ignore it

I do both dps and heal on my merc. I switch out 5 pieces between the two specs. I have the heal head and dps chest on at all times (Those two have power/surge). I have 2 gloves, boots and greaves. One with accuracy and one alacrity each. I also have implants with alacrity and accuracy that I switch. This gives me about 300 accurary in dps gear and 300 alacrity in heal gear and also the 4-piecce bonuses for dps and heal.