Former SWG/Tarquinas players check-in thread

Tyndaleon

People probably love pvping with you because pvping with 1 or 2 good healers is game changing and so damn strong. I love queuing up with 2 Sorcs. I agree it seems like Canderous Ordo has a good amount of players on both factions. For me personally even though world pvp hardly exists on pvp servers..I still like the fact that its there anyway.

It can be, if it's coordinated. Last night myself and two guildies queued up and we got Voidstar. We had 2 healers and worked great as a mostly pug team. Plus one of my guildies hung back with us and helped protect us (protecting a healer, I know holy sh*t!).

Because there are maybe 7-8 consistent Imperial healers in warzones in the evenings, and the Repubs are good at PvP, and they often recognize and come right at me if they see me in a warzone.

I enjoy Ilum more then warzones. After I get my 14-16 daily comms, I go and try to do my 30 Ilum kills first. Then whatever time left I go to warzones.

I'm getting more effective at it, obviously pvp healing in Ilum is a bit easier. Nothing will test you/improve you like trying to heal huttball though. You're dealing with not just NEWS but up and down also. Line of sight issues all over. It's hard work but it'll get you better for everything else. When I healed I guess my second flashpoint the other night, omg it was so easy. It had been a few days since the first time I tried where I barely got by.

Edited by islander

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People might as well stop searching for that next game that is like SWG, its never going to happen, at least not for a long time.

MMO's have changed and not all for the best. All MMO's today are about getting everything done as fast as possible, and if you actually are forced to interact or count on anyone for anything then its gotta be changed. Community now is something that we old MMO players talk about, most of the players today just want the game to be quick and fast, gimme, gimme, gimme.

If you ever find another game that has a community as strong as SWG it will be a niche game. Thats not all bad, it just usually means less profit for the company which means slower updates and less development.

Luckily I find SWTOR entertaining, but after watching what has been produced and what is to come in the future, all there is to look forward to is easy *** leveling/gameplay and a multiplayer game type community.

Have to say, it's nice running into you folks again and getting a chance to chat. And what an awesome guild you guys have too, had a couple of people help out or just hang out with us, it's nice to feel like part of a Star Wars online game family again.

Have to say, it's nice running into you folks again and getting a chance to chat. And what an awesome guild you guys have too, had a couple of people help out or just hang out with us, it's nice to feel like part of a Star Wars online game family again.

Glad you are enjoying it, we are small but a fairly tight group. We've also been very lucky to get some really awesome new members ( awesome in the sense they are great to talk to) out of the blue.

I should be on Friday and Sunday night as long as Holly doesn't drag me to something else. Sadly my work schedule seems to be sticking me with 60+ hours a week so after this weekend I won't get to be on much.

Oh and btw as far as server goes I love Canderous Ordo. Not too many idiots and people don't mind grouping and chatting randomly.

Edited by Armourboy

Hi everyone how's it going?

Things are going smoothly in VADR.

Started raiding couple of weeks ago and it is going well.

I am a bit surprised at the lack of difficulty in the operations. Normal mode is pretty much cake, we cleared EV on first attempt with 2 groups running it at same time.

Hard mode isn't that much harder, save the speeded up dps need and a little more added mechanics.

We rolled into KP the first time last night and cleared the first three bosses with no wipes and only 2 deaths, were on 2 hr time limit because of work or would most likely have made it to end boss that night as well.

I am used to games like LOTRO were raids took many many tries to even get to end boss (the rift comes to mind), let alone clear him.

Is it just me or are you all seeing it as well?

While it is fun being able to clear things on the first try, I do really like the challenge aspect of large group raids. The thing I fear most is the fact that all content can be cleared with just 8 people for ops and 4 for flash points. To me this makes for a lack of community/grouping not to mention a zillion 10 or 12 man guilds, and a very unorganized community.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Gunner

PS I saw you pop in last night Gillies, say hi next time bud would love to hear from you.

If you run with geared people that know their class, then you will find most things in this game easy. I would never call anything easy until you can PUG it and win every time.

It's amazing how many people just don't know how to play... Even one weak link in a 4 man team can end up wiping a group over and over. Saw it yesterday in False Emperor. Normally takes us about 45 mins to beat it. Took 2 hours.

/wave Gunner

Hi everyone how's it going?

Things are going smoothly in VADR.

Started raiding couple of weeks ago and it is going well.

I am a bit surprised at the lack of difficulty in the operations. Normal mode is pretty much cake, we cleared EV on first attempt with 2 groups running it at same time.

Hard mode isn't that much harder, save the speeded up dps need and a little more added mechanics.

We rolled into KP the first time last night and cleared the first three bosses with no wipes and only 2 deaths, were on 2 hr time limit because of work or would most likely have made it to end boss that night as well.

I am used to games like LOTRO were raids took many many tries to even get to end boss (the rift comes to mind), let alone clear him.

Is it just me or are you all seeing it as well?

While it is fun being able to clear things on the first try, I do really like the challenge aspect of large group raids. The thing I fear most is the fact that all content can be cleared with just 8 people for ops and 4 for flash points. To me this makes for a lack of community/grouping not to mention a zillion 10 or 12 man guilds, and a very unorganized community.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Gunner

PS I saw you pop in last night Gillies, say hi next time bud would love to hear from you.

Yes the raiding is a joke. Normal mode EV/KP are easier than basic heroics and hardmode isnt much harder. The only thing really requires any attention being paid is getting the Unyielding/Infernal titles for clearing KP/EV in Nightmare in 2 hours.

Edited by Vodka

If you run with geared people that know their class, then you will find most things in this game easy. I would never call anything easy until you can PUG it and win every time.

It's amazing how many people just don't know how to play... Even one weak link in a 4 man team can end up wiping a group over and over. Saw it yesterday in False Emperor. Normally takes us about 45 mins to beat it. Took 2 hours.

/wave Gunner

It's true. I really only do the occasional PUG Black Talon (yes, the easiest one there is) and yet dollars to donuts we almost always hit the enrage timer on Yadira or the Commander (because of DPSers being bad at avoiding the exploding probes).

Gunner - will do. It seemed you guys were in an Ops so I didn't want to bother as I was just stopping in.

I was just cleaning up some characters I know I'll never play (the one in VADR will get played though - eventually).

I actually logged into my lowbie JK in IFN yesterday for a couple hours.

Edited by islander

• 2 weeks later...
Some of us (casual) leveling Republics - over on Ajunta Pall.

Sentinels of the Republic imo.

Yup, when free transfers are offered, AP (already a heavy pop server) is going to be even more active for PvP.

Info at pathofdestruction.guildlaunch.com

• 3 weeks later...
Trill came to the dark side today!!

Always room for more don't be shy, try it you'll like it :D.

Gunner

Sadly for me I may be about done. Game is boring and I'm tired of waiting around on basic features I need to have fun late at night. Really hard to run instances when there are 30 people on the fleet.

Trying to hold on but with no LFD tool things are getting insanely old really fast. Its so bad I'm thinking of going back to WoW just because I at least can run an instance past midnight.

Sadly for me I may be about done. Game is boring and I'm tired of waiting around on basic features I need to have fun late at night. Really hard to run instances when there are 30 people on the fleet.

Trying to hold on but with no LFD tool things are getting insanely old really fast. Its so bad I'm thinking of going back to WoW just because I at least can run an instance past midnight.

Yea most people I know have already cancelled their accounts (including myself). Games extremely boring. Even though the 1.2 patch looks like it has some fantastic additions...half of those should have been in at launch to begin with. Unless this patch has some unbelievable raid content and they actually learn how to balance classes..this game will be dead by 1.3.

Yea most people I know have already cancelled their accounts (including myself). Games extremely boring. Even though the 1.2 patch looks like it has some fantastic additions...half of those should have been in at launch to begin with. Unless this patch has some unbelievable raid content and they actually learn how to balance classes..this game will be dead by 1.3.

Was really disheartened to find out the LFD tool wasn't going to be in 1.2. The legacy stuff looks cool, I like the UI stuff but thats not really something you spend hours doing. I like the crafting changes but my main is Biochem ( I was originally didn't take it because it was the best for raiding) so not much excitement there.

From midnight to 6am there isn't exactly a ton of raids so without instances to run that leaves dailies ( tired of them), killing random stuff like world bosses and champions ( already got them all but the level 50 ones) and doing stuff like heroic 4's I'm kinda out.

I've also been leveling alts ( as Gunner can atest too) but I'm tired of being forced to do the same quests on every planet ( minus the class ones) unless of course you do space ( gotten old) or PvP ( not the right class/spec so not worth the hassle).

I'm the type that understands that not everything is in at launch, and it takes time to get them in. But honestly at this point nothing I thought that would of been done right out the gate ( UI fixes and a LFD tool) have been done yet.

I personally think it was a huge mistake waiting to push all of these features off on one big patch. I'm pretty sure most people thought by month 4 at least UI changes and LFD tool would of been added. Also I didn't realize how not having a guild bank and some kind of guild rank would drag me down. So many people had useful items they would have given out from the start, but now no one really needs them and they aren't worth much either.

I still haven't figured out why they have wasted so much time on this legacy system when there are so many more basic MMO features that are lacking =/

Edited by Armourboy

Hey bud give it a little bit several of our late night players are awol atm because of school and work stuff. This past few weeks have been quite also because of the basketball stuff.

We have plenty of late night players once things settle down, including myself :D.

But back to your point game has slowed down a lot, one thing I am glad for is our server is almost always has the highest population. I think once they add 1.2 and the changes they are talking about it will be much better.

To be honest I always thought game was released to soon by about 6 months. it reminds me of swg and jump to light speed, which should have been in the game when it was released.

Gunner

30 people on fleet, on Candorous Ordo? Really? It's one of the five most populated servers...

Even Kinrath has more then that, and it's so lightly populated that it doesn't usually hit 'standard' until maybe 9pm or so on weeknights.

Me, I'm rarely bored. I play 3 hours a night. Maybe one night a week I'm bored. I can't imagine myself bored for another couple months. I just don't know what people expect out of MMO's these days.

I really think people play these so much, they may as well just pick up one of two more and cycle between them all.

Exactly zero games are going to keep you 'busy' if you're playing 200 hours a month.

I tried playing WoW again and it's just terrible compared to this game. Class balance is still sh*t. Seeing those lol graphics just made me appreciate TOR more.

I think people are never going to get what they want, if they keep expecting developers to produce 12 years of content (WoW, both before and after release) in 5-6 years. It's not happening. Ever.

I do think they need to merge servers though. They've got 170 of them! They only need about 100. They can always reopen more. It's just horrible PR, so they won't.

At this point, I'm personally not even sure if I'll transfer to Ajunta Pall. Seems that server gets really active late at night (11pm east coast) and not sure that's for me. I don't know for 100% sure what I'm going to do whatever point I can transfer my two guys off of Kinrath. At some point I have to decide what I'd want most. I'm on Kinrath now but most of the old Tarqs are gone or barely play. Candor has good Tarq population still, something Kinrath now lacks. Fatman has the best population, east coast, and it's PvP.

Edited by islander

30 people on fleet, on Candorous Ordo? Really? It's one of the five most populated servers...

Even Kinrath has more then that, and it's so lightly populated that it doesn't usually hit 'standard' until maybe 9pm or so on weeknights.

Me, I'm rarely bored. I play 3 hours a night. Maybe one night a week I'm bored. I can't imagine myself bored for another couple months. I just don't know what people expect out of MMO's these days.

I really think people play these so much, they may as well just pick up one of two more and cycle between them all.

Exactly zero games are going to keep you 'busy' if you're playing 200 hours a month.

I tried playing WoW again and it's just terrible compared to this game. Class balance is still sh*t. Seeing those lol graphics just made me appreciate TOR more.

I think people are never going to get what they want, if they keep expecting developers to produce 12 years of content (WoW, both before and after release) in 5-6 years. It's not happening. Ever.

I do think they need to merge servers though. They've got 170 of them! They only need about 100. They can always reopen more. It's just horrible PR, so they won't.

At this point, I'm personally not even sure if I'll transfer to Ajunta Pall. Seems that server gets really active late at night (11pm east coast) and not sure that's for me. I don't know for 100% sure what I'm going to do whatever point I can transfer my two guys off of Kinrath. At some point I have to decide what I'd want most. I'm on Kinrath now but most of the old Tarqs are gone or barely play. Candor has good Tarq population still, something Kinrath now lacks. Fatman has the best population, east coast, and it's PvP.

I was basically referring to Midnight to 5am, during primetime its pretty nuts ( also I'm Republic and there are a ton more Imps).

My biggest problem isn't that there is nothing to do, its just there isn't anything I can do from midnight to 5am unless you get lucky, or don't mind doing dailies every freaking day. Not big on PvP anymore, and the space has already gotten old so there is another out there. Basically I can do stuff, but I've already done it a million times already lol.

Have they said if server transfers are going to be in 1.2?

Server transfers for SE Asia (people in that area who want to play on their own area server) with a target date of May 1.

Depending on how well that goes, transfers will be opened up soon after for the rest of us.

hmm I may end up transferring somewhere Tarq players are at if things stay the same. Most my guild has little interest in the game these days and im looking to do some work in these rated Warzones.

hmm I may end up transferring somewhere Tarq players are at if things stay the same. Most my guild has little interest in the game these days and im looking to do some work in these rated Warzones.

Yeah, like I said I'm definitely moving. heck most of the remaining Tarq players on Kinrath are going to go. Although their planned destination is Ajunta Pall. I'm leaning towards that too, but the population of that server (although very good) peaks a lot later due to being west coast. It's still adequate at 8pm eastern. Certainly bounds better then Kinrath. Kinrath struggles to ever hit standard these days. Might change after 1.2 initially though.

Candorous Ordo is THE server with the most Tarq people but PvE. So that's kinda ehhhhhh. Even though Ilum on a PvE server is still 'open world'; and warzones are warzones.

Then again, for all we know, they might not allow us to transfer anywhere we want.

This is actually from PAXeast, yesterday:

"Server/char transfer – worked on by the development team right now, it is a very high priority for us and we are working very hard on it. We are doing server transfers for Asia-Pacific players right after 1.2 ships and after that happens we will be looking at doing char transfers for the general population. "

Edited by islander

oh, and then there was this:

Q: Space combat, it is really a single player experience right now. Even chat isn’t available in it atm, I am wondering what is the plan in the future maybe for co-op on raids, instanced PvP like tie fighters vs x-wings ? I really noticed that there are sections on the galaxy map that says Republic space, Empire space, neutral space that have nothing to do with current gameplay that I think I can see take some form in the future.

A: We have big plans, that is all you are getting. James said we have a secret project for space. We have big big plans.

Yeah, like I said I'm definitely moving. heck most of the remaining Tarq players on Kinrath are going to go. Although their planned destination is Ajunta Pall. I'm leaning towards that too, but the population of that server (although very good) peaks a lot later due to being west coast. It's still adequate at 8pm eastern. Certainly bounds better then Kinrath. Kinrath struggles to ever hit standard these days. Might change after 1.2 initially though.

Candorous Ordo is THE server with the most Tarq people but PvE. So that's kinda ehhhhhh. Even though Ilum on a PvE server is still 'open world'; and warzones are warzones.

Then again, for all we know, they might not allow us to transfer anywhere we want.

This is actually from PAXeast, yesterday:

"Server/char transfer – worked on by the development team right now, it is a very high priority for us and we are working very hard on it. We are doing server transfers for Asia-Pacific players right after 1.2 ships and after that happens we will be looking at doing char transfers for the general population. "

Other than maybe the level 50 daily area's is there really even any world PvP? Although I've done my leveling on a PvE server I have kept my eye out for Imps, and I think across 5-6 toons I've seen maybe 7-8 of the opposite faction, and most of those were in the Nar Shadaa Cantina lol.

Seems like on most planets you gotta go out of your way just to find other faction players.

Other than maybe the level 50 daily area's is there really even any world PvP? Although I've done my leveling on a PvE server I have kept my eye out for Imps, and I think across 5-6 toons I've seen maybe 7-8 of the opposite faction, and most of those were in the Nar Shadaa Cantina lol.

Seems like on most planets you gotta go out of your way just to find other faction players.

its true. it's also why I think most of you guys on Candor who feared a PvP server were unfounded in your concerns.

However, as it turned out, you all decided on a fantastic server, even if it is PvE. One of the 7-8 best for population. a place that people slowly but consistently flock to, from their empty servers. If I were more PvE focused, I'd have probably left and started a new somewhere else already...but I pretty much just do PvP at 50. I got enough PvE awards to augment myself properly for PvP purposes.

its true. it's also why I think most of you guys on Candor who feared a PvP server were unfounded in your concerns.

However, as it turned out, you all decided on a fantastic server, even if it is PvE. One of the 7-8 best for population. a place that people slowly but consistently flock to, from their empty servers. If I were more PvE focused, I'd have probably left and started a new somewhere else already...but I pretty much just do PvP at 50. I got enough PvE awards to augment myself properly for PvP purposes.

For what its worth most of the Imps or Rebels I do see are usually flagged so I guess there is some to be had even on PvE servers if you really want it.

Great thing about games adding Warzones, BG's, or what have you. When I do get a desire for PvP I can do it without it messing up my PvE heh.