Former SWG/Tarquinas players check-in thread

Tyndaleon

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I was "Bacon" the Wookie on Tarq. I recognize some of the names here...

Anyway, I'm looking for my old DW pals. I know they're out here somewhere... anybody seen em or talked to them (Sagardon Khan, Thejj, Shaaaft, etc.)?

Also, is there a server w/ a lot of Tarq folks? My current server is pretty boring and antisocial. Wouldn't mind rolling somewhere with an active guild of people who will actually talk to me, lol.

Hey guys,

Anyway, I'm looking for my old DW pals. I know they're out here somewhere... anybody seen em or talked to them (Sagardon Khan, Thejj, Shaaaft, etc.)?

Also, is there a server w/ a lot of Tarq folks? My current server is pretty boring and antisocial. Wouldn't mind rolling somewhere with an active guild of people who will actually talk to me, lol.

Lots of us on Canderous Ordo if you like PvE servers, and I totally can't remember the PvP ones.

Hey guys,

Hiya Bacon, I remember you :) DW I believe went PvP server route, though I have no clue which one they ended up on. 90% of Tarq folks on a PVE server are on Canderous Ordo (with about 80% of those on Republic side) , and Blackpool has a good PvP Sith bunch on Kinrath Spider.

Hi everyone how have you been? Hows the PVP server thing going?

Reign from Tarq joined us last night, someone already had his name though, was a nice supprise out of the blue.

We are growing nicely and always have a place for fellow Tarq vets.

Gunner

We've slowly been adding new recruits, although I must admit its not my doing due to RL and work. I would guess our guild is made up of nearly 25% of people not even signed up for the guild which is a good thing!

I've bumped into a few of you here and there and I've started leveling Trill some so you may start seeing that name a bit more :D

Gunner, Holly and I may come knocking on your door before too long, we are getting the itch to try out the Imp side of things a bit.

We've slowly been adding new recruits, although I must admit its not my doing due to RL and work. I would guess our guild is made up of nearly 25% of people not even signed up for the guild which is a good thing!

I've bumped into a few of you here and there and I've started leveling Trill some so you may start seeing that name a bit more :D

Gunner, Holly and I may come knocking on your door before too long, we are getting the itch to try out the Imp side of things a bit.

You guys are welcome anytime just give me a /tell.

Gunner

Hi everyone how have you been? Hows the PVP server thing going?

Reign from Tarq joined us last night, someone already had his name though, was a nice supprise out of the blue.

We are growing nicely and always have a place for fellow Tarq vets.

Gunner

PvP on Kinrath is going okay. I just dinged 50 with my sorcerer there.

Anyone worried about leveling on a PvP server, those concerns have proven (for me) to be non-existant. In my entire process of leveling to 50 as an Imperial, I got into about 12-15 conflicts TOTAL with Repubs.

Only once could I even consider myself 'griefed'. Once. All the way from true open world conflict (about level 25) to 50. Maybe it was karma, as the folks I killed I always allowed to go their own way on respawn - if they didn't instigate further.

So seriously, anyone really worried about PvP griefing while questing - it just doesn't happen imo.

Edited by islander

PvP on Kinrath is going okay. I just dinged 50 with my sorcerer there.

Anyone worried about leveling on a PvP server, those concerns have proven (for me) to be non-existant. In my entire process of leveling to 50 as an Imperial, I got into about 12-15 conflicts TOTAL with Repubs.

Only once could I even consider myself 'griefed'. Once. All the way from true open world conflict (about level 25) to 50. Maybe it was karma, as the folks I killed I always allowed to go their own way on respawn - if they didn't instigate further.

So seriously, anyone really worried about PvP griefing while questing - it just doesn't happen imo.

Yup, it's not a concern.

I like keeping my gameplay options open. Though I rarely world pvp, because SWTOR world pvp is not like the awesomeness of SWG world pvp, I like to know I can do it on demand if I feel like it.

Love the warzones.

Yup, it's not a concern.

I like keeping my gameplay options open. Though I rarely world pvp, because SWTOR world pvp is not like the awesomeness of SWG world pvp, I like to know I can do it on demand if I feel like it.

Love the warzones.

Yeah, Ilum is a bit of a mess. It's got potential but it's going to take months to flesh out.

Yeah, Ilum is a bit of a mess. It's got potential but it's going to take months to flesh out.

Not being able to talk to the other faction, or have server forums hampers server community, and thus world pvp.

The missing elements listed above is part of what made SWG Tarq so awesome.

Edited by Blackpool

Not being able to talk to the other faction, or have server forums hampers server community, and thus world pvp.

The missing elements listed above is part of what made SWG Tarq so awesome.

Actually, I'm thinking it's more the 70% imperial/30% rebel ratio that ruins world pvp most. But yeah, lack of community is an issue as well. Then again, I knew our servers community was going to be lousy all along once the hue hue crew invaded on day 1.

if it weren't for PoD, there'd be no way in hell I'd play on this server. PoD makes it worthwhile, though:D

Ah, never mind. Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Had a long post on serious thoughts, all it would get is harassment and sneering. I gotta quit tilting at windmills.

Hope all you folks are finding a happy place in the game. It's not what SWG was for both good and ill, and I still miss a lot that we had there, the sense of a broader community.

Not gonna happen here, we get the worst of that it seems. Maybe it will change, but I'm being an optimist with burnt hands, "I should'a known better".

Edited by DarkLordSid

Actually, I'm thinking it's more the 70% imperial/30% rebel ratio that ruins world pvp most. But yeah, lack of community is an issue as well. Then again, I knew our servers community was going to be lousy all along once the hue hue crew invaded on day 1.

if it weren't for PoD, there'd be no way in hell I'd play on this server. PoD makes it worthwhile, though:D

Naw, the server rocks man. Most servers have an Imperial to Republic imbalance.

I like the Brazilian Republic crew. They are well geared, well organized, and the kind of rivalry you rise to the occasion to want to fight against.

Edited by Blackpool

Ah, never mind. Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Had a long post on serious thoughts, all it would get is harassment and sneering. I gotta quit tilting at windmills.

Hope all you folks are finding a happy place in the game. It's not what SWG was for both good and ill, and I still miss a lot that we had there, the sense of a broader community.

Not gonna happen here, we get the worst of that it seems. Maybe it will change, but I'm being an optimist with burnt hands, "I should'a known better".

People might as well stop searching for that next game that is like SWG, its never going to happen, at least not for a long time.

MMO's have changed and not all for the best. All MMO's today are about getting everything done as fast as possible, and if you actually are forced to interact or count on anyone for anything then its gotta be changed. Community now is something that we old MMO players talk about, most of the players today just want the game to be quick and fast, gimme, gimme, gimme.

If you ever find another game that has a community as strong as SWG it will be a niche game. Thats not all bad, it just usually means less profit for the company which means slower updates and less development.

Luckily I find SWTOR entertaining, but after watching what has been produced and what is to come in the future, all there is to look forward to is easy *** leveling/gameplay and a multiplayer game type community.

Qetra checking in from Terentatek

haven't posted for a while, but so far we're clear on hm's in ev and kp and slaughtering the wz's

our server seems to be balanced a lot better than the 70 / 30 ratio and the brazillian invasion

still have room for a few people for full time raiders / pvpers

Qetra / Ezerah / Katriel in game or contact Lyrah / Heiy, Huzzi, Sane, Kal-tan'shi

Qetra checking in from Terentatek

haven't posted for a while, but so far we're clear on hm's in ev and kp and slaughtering the wz's

our server seems to be balanced a lot better than the 70 / 30 ratio and the brazillian invasion

still have room for a few people for full time raiders / pvpers

Qetra / Ezerah / Katriel in game or contact Lyrah / Heiy, Huzzi, Sane, Kal-tan'shi

Hey Qetra, I was wondering about you. Glad to hear you guys are doing well there.

Honest report about Kinrath:

I've got a Valor 61 Battlemaster Merc. Totally happy with the pvp pwnage on the toon. Not that happy about the large volume of Sith fail in WZs, but there are a core of great Sith pvpers who do WZs.

I enjoy the Brazilians because they are tough, organized and geared opponents. It feels like I'm fighting a "known" enemy, like Lakers vs. Celtics, Dodgers vs. Yankees, Raiders vs. Broncos, etc.

I started a Republic guild on Ajunta Pall RP PVP server for guildees who want the other side. (I plan to use all 8 slots on Kinrath for 8 Sith classes.) Ajunta Pall is a heavy, good ratio server.

Still loving the game.

Edited by Blackpool

Besides the pve content being an absolute joke on every difficulty and classes being imbalanced I am finding the game to be fun again since I rolled Merc, theyre just so dominant you cant help but have fun. Tanks are just mind numbingly boring unless youre raiding. Edited by Vodka

Besides the pve content being an absolute joke on every difficulty and classes being imbalanced I am finding the game to be fun again since I rolled Merc, theyre just so dominant you cant help but have fun. Tanks are just mind numbingly boring unless youre raiding.

pfft you tool IG :D

warrior tank is extra fun but sorta gimp

main atm is an assassin tank, which is unstoppable in pvp

and my 3rd 50 is a sorc madness dps which is also ultra fun

Yeah I was actually thinking of switching out of corruption/heals down the line with my one character. I've been PvPing all this time as a support character more or less (heal spec).

Because yeah, I only have time for one these days. :eek:

Objectively speaking, I think the real winning server is Canderous Ordo. The Tarq PvE'ers picked the right server (I mean, from a PvE perspective). That server is heavy almost every night, if not very heavy. If I had more time to play, I'd be over there again....I just can't play 6 hours a day 6 days a week these days.

Edited by islander

pfft you tool IG :D

warrior tank is extra fun but sorta gimp

main atm is an assassin tank, which is unstoppable in pvp

and my 3rd 50 is a sorc madness dps which is also ultra fun

I know rolling Merc is so cheesy but theyre so OP and fun to play that I had to. I would actually not mind rolling Sniper because when spec'd right they do damn good dmg too.

We just got an assassin tank they seem to be pretty awesome. People in my guild were complaining about some Madness nerf incoming that hasnt been in patch notes or something. I dont know exactly because I dont pay attention to sorc stuff but thats what I was hearing.

Yeah I was actually thinking of switching out of corruption/heals down the line with my one character. I've been PvPing all this time as a support character more or less (heal spec).

Because yeah, I only have time for one these days. :eek:

Objectively speaking, I think the real winning server is Canderous Ordo. The Tarq PvE'ers picked the right server (I mean, from a PvE perspective). That server is heavy almost every night, if not very heavy. If I had more time to play, I'd be over there again....I just can't play 6 hours a day 6 days a week these days.

People probably love pvping with you because pvping with 1 or 2 good healers is game changing and so damn strong. I love queuing up with 2 Sorcs. I agree it seems like Canderous Ordo has a good amount of players on both factions. For me personally even though world pvp hardly exists on pvp servers..I still like the fact that its there anyway.