James Ohlen: "Makeb is not an expansion"

Eszi

Go to 5:07

So they said it themselves - this is NOT an expansion. Looks like bioware is just trying to see if we are willing to pay for a patch, as long as it has a fancy name attached to it. Looks like we are, but hey, people are paying $18 for recolored stuff on cm, so why not

And they you wonder why people don't trust bioware :rolleyes:

inb4 ninjadelete and/or infraction

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they worded it wrong big deal. It is only $10.00. I like to look at it as an adventure pack which for only 10.00 is about right. A fully fledged expansion will be around $30.00 to $40.00. Why are you guys still complaining about this. You don't like it then quite simply don't buy it.

So they worded it wrong big deal. It is only $10.00. I like to look at it as an adventure pack which for only 10.00 is about right. A fully fledged expansion will be around $30.00 to $40.00. Why are you guys still complaining about this. You don't like it then quite simply don't buy it.

$10 here, $10 there and soon you will have to pay $10 every time you want to login

But hey, that would still be $10:rak_03:

My guess is you're right, but who can say what Makeb is? I feel like it's probably the same warmed-over old content they promised last summer for last year, but who knows? Until then, why order sight unseen?

It's simple: wait until you can decide what the "expansion" is worth, if anything.

If you dont like it, then leave. There are those of us that dont really care and are getting tired of all the whiners. You either play the game or not. Tired of all the whiner topics. It clogs up the forums for legit topics.

Go to 5:07

So they said it themselves - this is NOT an expansion. Looks like bioware is just trying to see if we are willing to pay for a patch, as long as it has a fancy name attached to it. Looks like we are, but hey, people are paying $18 for recolored stuff on cm, so why not

And they you wonder why people don't trust bioware :rolleyes:

inb4 ninjadelete and/or infraction

So what? Plans change and that interview is over 6 months old. The words "We can absolutely guarantee that..." do not appear anywhere at that point in the interview,.

I now pronounce Eszi a fellow OBVIOUS SCOUT. Yes that is correct; "Makeb is not an expansion". Been said before by Bioware. Glad we can cover an announcement months after it was first mentioned.

A full expansion would not be only $10. Makeb is a digital expansion. We can define a digital expansion as something that has more content than an update, but less than an expansion.

Do not like the product? Do not buy it. Adios.

CAAAAAAPTAAAAIN OOOOOOBVIOUUUUS

If theres new raid content coming with the levels i think its worth $10.

But until they get in gear and bring this game up to post 2003 mmo standards its not worth $15 a month.

Please give the official 2003 MMO feature list. I didn't know there was an official document that detailed what an MMO in 2003 would have and also detailed why those features were 2003 exclusive. Can't believe I missed that. Can you please link it to us?

I now pronounce Eszi a fellow OBVIOUS SCOUT. Yes that is correct; "Makeb is not an expansion". Been said before by Bioware. Glad we can cover an announcement months after it was first mentioned.

A full expansion would not be only $10. Makeb is a digital expansion. We can define a digital expansion as something that has more content than an update, but less than an expansion.

Do not like the product? Do not buy it. Adios.

CAAAAAAPTAAAAIN OOOOOOBVIOUUUUS

Your logic is astounding....

"Its not an expansion because its not $40 but rather a digital expansion because it has more content then an update but less than an expansion"

That literally means its not even a digital expansion.....i think the term you're looking for is Downloadable Content...that you have to be subbed to play....which actually makes it 25$ (and essentially making all other MMO expansions ~55$ because of the sub fee....) which means its roughly 1/2 of a new expansion as it is without half of an expansions offerings(OH WAIT WE DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT ITS OFFERING YET DO WE?! All we see is pre order now! Well guess what meng, I've got a really cool game too thats only $10, pre order now! Whats that, you want details? **** off I'll give you a pretty blue bear if you pre-order though.

Please give the official 2003 MMO feature list. I didn't know there was an official document that detailed what an MMO in 2003 would have and also detailed why those features were 2003 exclusive. Can't believe I missed that. Can you please link it to us?

Alright,

How about a /who that actually works?

Not having every single thing be instanced?

Not calling some cheap *** 1980s rail flyer "space combat"?

These are just things off the top of my head without sitting down and analyzing it, to say that the game doesn't need improvements just proves how mmo illiterate you are.

Edited by FromTheDuDe

Your logic is astounding....

"Its not an expansion because its not $40 but rather a digital expansion because it has more content then an update but less than an expansion"

That literally means its not even a digital expansion.....i think the term you're looking for is Downloadable Content...that you have to be subbed to play....which actually makes it 25$ (and essentially making all other MMO expansions ~55$ because of the sub fee....) which means its roughly 1/2 of a new expansion as it is without half of an expansions offerings(OH WAIT WE DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT ITS OFFERING YET DO WE?! All we see is pre order now! Well guess what meng, I've got a really cool game too thats only $10, pre order now! Whats that, you want details? **** off I'll give you a pretty blue bear if you pre-order though.

"Itz mine! It belongz to me! My love! My prrrrrrrrrreciouzzzzzz................. *madly clutches at his money*"

Digital expansion packs, its been done in single player games, quite successfully. They usually cost around the same price as the Maked expansion will. Lower price for a smaller content update.

You have to be subbed to play the expansion pak of any game. Digital download or not. Your logic there is non-existent. If you don't want to pay, then don't, simple. Please actually use some logic of your own, if you are going to accuse others of the same flaw you seem to have.

If you don't want to pre-order, don't. If you don't want the small expansion, don't get. If you feel you are being ripped off here, then stop spending your money here.

The solution is simple. YOU don't spend your money. Those of us who can afford it, will. If Bioware is making a profit from this, then they are doing the right thing as far as they are concerned. They're a business, not playground coordinaters.

Edited by CaptRavenous

Welcome to the wonderful world of software development where plans change from time to time and what was true 6 months ago may no longer be part of the plan.

/rolleyes

And where people don't say anything about what they are doing with the stuff you pay for...oh wait, that's just bw

So back in July Bioware said Makeb wasn't an expansion, but then the situation changed, the game lost a bunch of subs and had to add free to play, and Bioware decided Makeb needed to be an expansion players pay for. Not everything works out they way developers expect, and sometimes they can't do everything they want they way they thought they'd be able to. Unfortunate, but sometimes it happens and what could have been isn't worth worrying about.