Send them to Hell

UncleOst

Only problem with FT is it not as effective in pve as compared to pvp. With good players it's just too easy to counter. Too bad it's one of PT's cool skills.

Can you rephrase after the first sentence? I would say for AP it is great in pve as well as pvp

Can you rephrase after the first sentence? I would say for AP it is great in pve as well as pvp

It is good but not great. Im focusing more on FT, which is easy to stop in pvp and is a good chunk of APs damage. I used to play AP in both normal and rated games. AP only has mobility, improved CDs and snare from PFT. Pyro has the burst which is essential to down people quickly. FTs effectiveness depends on the number of targets you have, where RS can be applied in every given situation.

It is good but not great. Im focusing more on FT, which is easy to stop in pvp and is a good chunk of APs damage. I used to play AP in both normal and rated games. AP only has mobility, improved CDs and snare from PFT. Pyro has the burst which is essential to down people quickly. FTs effectiveness depends on the number of targets you have, where RS can be applied in every given situation.

Oh okay i get what you mean. I had been a Pyro for months and only started using AP last month so I know the differences between them

Well even if this started as a discussion about pvp, I was always under the impression that flamethrower and death from above should be used to fill the internal cooldown of PPA assuming IM and CGC are up and the target is above 30% hp, at least for PvE.

Hehe... funny to see people missing the point.

This is about FUN. NOT efficiency.

This is like finishing off a mob at 10 health with Rocket Punch, not because the damage was needed but because it looks cool.

FUN. :)

I completely agree. Some people are so concerned with gaming the game, they forget to just have fun. Playing a toon is more than solving min/max problems. There is also style.

I love this, it looks really bad*****!!

What I also like to do often (but in PvE) is walking away with my back to a mob when he's terrified of my explosive dart and see him explode into bits...

Make sure to turn your cam towards you and the mob, Power Ranger style!!

Love it!

My absolutly favorite way to finish someone off is by throwing a Thermal detonator when they are at very low health and it means a guaranteed kill. Then turn around and just walk away with your weapon drawn, awaiting the explosion.

My absolutly favorite way to finish someone off is by throwing a Thermal detonator when they are at very low health and it means a guaranteed kill. Then turn around and just walk away with your weapon drawn, awaiting the explosion.

Thats very IronMan of you my good sir lol. Do you strut too as you walk?

• 3 weeks later...
Alright. Here's a little something for all you pyrobros. Flame thrower is the koolest, yet least used ability in many pt's rotation. Check it out. You guys gotta use this.

When some guy needs to be " taught a lesson", this is what I'll do. Of course this is best used after yer regular rotation.

When yer opponent's health is getting low, make sure you get both dots ticking on him. When electro-dart is available, save it for the last 25-30 percent of his health. Example like this:

30Percent

-incendiary missle

-flame burst

-electrodart

-flame thrower.

Call this the best way to eliminate an opponent. If I may, I'd like to coin the phrase "Send them to Hell".

LoL I'll be trying to compile some video material this weekend, and I encourage everyone else to contribute to this new "Roast Thread".

LooooL let's light 'em up!

I actually think some people are taking this to an extreme. I've been playing a PT since launch. I have longed for a finisher for 30% or below like most classes have. I understand our dots hit harder though. I also am a firm believer in having fun first. To this particular poster. This is his finishing set up. Big deal. We all know there's more viable skills to use to produce more damage to finish someone off. Let him have is fun, and you all have yours.