Which servers for CST?

IAmTheToastman

I'm in Texas and with my schedule, I prefer the east coast servers only because of the timing being an hour later than me. I had no lag during beta wether it was east or west coast. Edited by Zhara

I'm in Illinois too, and I find that east coast works better for me. They're only one hour different instead of 2 for one thing.

Ping times are paramount to me, and I hadnt even considered the time zone issue from a guild event perspective. Being two hours ahead could lead to some late, late nights... hehe.

Are the servers physically located on the east coast and others located on the west coast, or are they all located in one location like Austin, TX just like EU servers are all in Ireland?

Because if they're all in one location all that matters is what timezone you prefer to play in. They are listed as timezones afterall.

Are the servers physically located on the east coast and others located on the west coast, or are they all located in one location like Austin, TX just like EU servers are all in Ireland?

Because if they're all in one location all that matters is what timezone you prefer to play in. They are listed as timezones afterall.

From what I've gathered, all of the East coast servers are in one location, and all of the West coast servers are in one location. That said, I was still hoping to hear from people in CST (better yet, from Illinois) to find out what their ping times were relative to which server group was chosen.

Having played MMOs since 1997, I know how much of a difference +200ms can mean... especially in a pvp environment. Not really sure why you think that the only difference would be my preferred time zone to play in.