Possible way to fix the merc

Jepic

I understand that the merc/commando is horribly weak in pvp at the moment and even in pve people do not like it in ops or FP's basically I have seen the entire class die out as every one of them change to powertech or something else.

Anyway as the title says, one of the biggest problems is that mercs have no maneuverability. Even snipers/gunslingers have better maneuverability than commando's/mercs do. So I suggest allowing mercs/commando's to move while casting, -many- mmo's have abilitys that can be used while casting but adding that feature to the merc would give the class some much needed flavor you can meet many people in real life who are easily able to shoot on the run. You could even give them minor penalty's for moving while casting to make them want to sit still when being ignored, but not enough to make them not want to run around when being attacked. For example you could reduce their accuracy with casting/channeled effects while moving or reduce their movement speed slightly while casting/moving, or if possible make the cast bar move slower when you move while casting. This could easily be worked to not apply to their healing abilitys. This could allow the class to make use of slows and kite melee while running around doing damage.

Merc's and commando's are master armsmen using their two pistols or giant cannons with expertise. Both of them have access to high grade tech and auto targeting computer systems that can help them aim their blaster shots and missles so that they do not need to be charged uped and aimed to shot.

I haven't played PvP much with mine in months, though I see them in raids quite often still. In any case, I am still confused as to why there is such a big difference in damage between charged bolts / power shot... Something seems wrong with that for sure. :)

I haven't played PvP much with mine in months, though I see them in raids quite often still. In any case, I am still confused as to why there is such a big difference in damage between charged bolts / power shot... Something seems wrong with that for sure. :)

What are you basing that claim of different damage on?

You are referring to mirror attacks.

Edited by Gyronamics

Why are people still complaining about mercs? as for saying they've died out, they definitely haven't. I've only just rerolled another char and seen plenty of mercenarys being leveled up recently. I've also seen less and less Vangaurds on my VG and more commandos.

Out of our DPS in HM TFB (final boss) last night, from top to bottom damage it was our sniper, merc, mara, and myself on my jugg. Sniper and Merc broke 1 mil damage, mara and jugg(myself) were almost tied at about 950K since we were jumping around for the anomalies. Merc is VERY viable in PVE, even in healing.

What are you basing that claim of different damage on?

You are referring to mirror attacks.

I am not sure why but Power Shot seems to have always done about half the damage of Charged Bolts as long as I can recall while playing my Commando and Mercenary... I just rolled a new Mercenary and Commando so will test it again. But there is a huge difference that I have seen on my current high levels. Something like 1k or so difference per shot.

EDIT: Here are some Torhead links to each ability and shows it in the description as well... Must be more noticeable at 50 with Columi and the other only level 43, but still... :)

http://www.torhead.com/ability/2ennauC/charged-bolts

http://www.torhead.com/ability/7dnfBcs/power-shot

Edited by sabbey

I am not sure why but Power Shot seems to have always done about half the damage of Charged Bolts as long as I can recall while playing my Commando and Mercenary... I just rolled a new Mercenary and Commando so will test it again. But there is a huge difference that I have seen on my current high levels. Something like 1k or so difference per shot.

EDIT: Here are some Torhead links to each ability and shows it in the description as well... Must be more noticeable at 50 with Columi and the other only level 43, but still... :)

http://www.torhead.com/ability/2ennauC/charged-bolts

http://www.torhead.com/ability/7dnfBcs/power-shot

Torhead is wrong.

Either that or no one else has noticed a key ability doing half damage on the imperial side.

There are only 2 decisions, nerf for all classes, and make em all as fcking **** ty as we are now, or make us stronger like in release date. For now they need put the line right in main page of website - if u a going to pvp in this game, dont choose commando and merc, cause they are free frags and suck rly hard. Edited by Armadefixer

Torhead is wrong.

Either that or no one else has noticed a key ability doing half damage on the imperial side.

Possibly, it's one of the main reasons I rolled two more to test it on my second server, that and I like the class... :)