HP and Stats

Subzz

I received a comment the other day on the fleet that my gear is backwards. DPS Merc with BH demolisher gear, I did however move the mods from the BH chest into a chest peice that I liked better than the BH one.

My HP is 24033, the other comment I received from the same person is that NO Merc should be over 20/21 thou in HP.

All my gear is Aim n endurance, my Augments are all Crit and surge all purple 50's.

Yes my HP is a bit high however, Im correct in gear in that my main stats are all Aim n Endurance and my augs support that.

Iam new at this so I was wondering am I doing something wrong??

The only confusion I can see is that my willpower is high however, i have NO items that have a willpower stat other than being Light side 10000.

Im working towards the 30 and 75 numbers for the crit n crit bonus stats im just about there.

So am I wrong???

Thanks guys.

***UPDATE***

Thanks guys for the help!! Your answers confirmed what I surmised when I examined my gear closer.

AS I said, I'm new to mmo's this is me first one. Having said that I was focused on Aim n Endurance, when I looked at gear my uneducated brain only saw those 2 stats, hence that is what I went with.

I knew enough that some of the other BH gear available to me was not for me tho it was available. I did not have this issue with my gear until I got into the BH stuff as I crafted all my own armor n mod mods and my augments are crit pwr surge easy peasy.

So thanks for learning me, looks like in the meantime Im gonna re-use my Columi wrist, belt n earpeice with augs (that way Im more respectable) then grind out 3 million creds as punishment to replace the mods in my remaining BH gear then 3 millon more for enhancements for said gear to bring me back in spec and continue grinding missions to get replacement gear.

These mmo's are unforgiving to the untrained.

One more note.

I have several other toons 4 more 50's , 3 NOT in BH gear, my sorc is correct in his BH gear (which was a no brainer to pick his stuff) and lvl 40 n under toons that are ALL geared correctly. THANKFULLY I learned my lesson before it happened to these guys.

Thanks again!!

My HP is 24033, the other comment I received from the same person is that NO Merc should be over 20/21 thou in HP.

Just that part there, in full best in slot (or close to it, I'm not re-modding everything just because they didn't put a Hazmat crit/surge ear piece in) you will have 22.1K hps.

I received a comment the other day on the fleet that my gear is backwards. DPS Merc with BH demolisher gear, I did however move the mods from the BH chest into a chest peice that I liked better than the BH one.

All my gear is Aim n endurance, my Augments are all Crit and surge all purple 50's.

Yes my HP is a bit high however, Im correct in gear in that my main stats are all Aim n Endurance and my augs support that.

Iam new at this so I was wondering am I doing something wrong??

The only confusion I can see is that my willpower is high however, i have NO items that have a willpower stat other than being Light side 10000.

Im working towards the 30 and 75 numbers for the crit n crit bonus stats im just about there.

So am I wrong???

Thanks guys.

I'd have to agree with the 20/21k hp comment. 24k hp is crazy for a dps merc. but if you can make it work, more power to ya! i'm at about 21,200 hp. 2400 aim. 101% accuracy, 111% tech accuracy. 35%+ on crit and about 74% on surge. All my augments are the Reflex ones. I am not wearing any PvP gear as i do not PvP. All Rakata/BH/Campaign. 9k critical hits are not uncommon for me.

Might wanna check this out : http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/bounty-hunter/mercenary/arsenal

Edited by Holinyx

You have to do a lot of optimizing with some of the gear as not every piece has the best stats for your particular role on it. I had to do this heavily with my healing set, and still some with my dps set.

Here is my dps setup to give an idea.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/123444d5-5a4f-4925-8cf2-27057393bb8f

Edited by BlownSi