Prime time on Friday night, 30 minute wait for Athiss group finder

FourPawnBenoni

Lots of DPSers in the queue, buddy. You gotta wait your turn like everyone else.

Actually, the group finder formed after about 10 minutes but the healer declined. I've been "at the top of the queue" list for 25 minutes so don't tell me that there are lots of DPS's in the queue.

There isn't enough healers queuing that's the problem.

Actually, the group finder formed after about 10 minutes but the healer declined. I've been "at the top of the queue" list for 25 minutes so don't tell me that there are lots of DPS's in the queue.

It's not too late to re-roll heals.

To be honest that sounds pretty normal. 30-45 min is typically the wait time for dps. You sound lucky that you got a pop in 10 min but sucks that the healer declined. It's better than some games though. I've had to wait over an hour in some games.

Let me tell you a story, in older games, FFXI for example, you had to spend 30 minutes or more looking for a group. Not just when you chose to do a FP, but every freaking time you stepped out of a city. You literally couldn't advance your charcter without a group.

Further, there may not even have been enough people online in your level range to do anything. You'd literally be camping the /who funtion trying to find enough people to try to group.

Plus, you had to find the group yourself. It wasn't just que and teleport. It was shout, group up, battle your way to your desired area for about 30 minutes, and then start to progress your character.

But by all means complain about the fact that nobody in your level range wanted to do the exact same activity as you at the exact same time. You do realize you can do all kinds of activities while you're wating to group.

Let me tell you a story, in older games, FFXI for example, you had to spend 30 minutes or more looking for a group. Not just when you chose to do a FP, but every freaking time you stepped out of a city. You literally couldn't advance your charcter without a group.

Further, there may not even have been enough people online in your level range to do anything. You'd literally be camping the /who funtion trying to find enough people to try to group.

Plus, you had to find the group yourself. It wasn't just que and teleport. It was shout, group up, battle your way to your desired area for about 30 minutes, and then start to progress your character.

But by all means complain about the fact that nobody in your level range wanted to do the exact same activity as you at the exact same time. You do realize you can do all kinds of activities while you're wating to group.

Also this.

I remember back in Vanilla WoW leveling to 50 and most of the quests being "go all around Azeroth for this little bit of XP"... the Linken quest chain in Un'goro Crater comes to mind there.

Anyways, I remember my alt getting to like 58 and literally running out of quests. Had to beg friends/guildies to take my 58 warrior into Strat or Scholo 5man so I could get XP

I remember that well, sometimes 3 to 4 hours wait for a party, as a samurai. Re-rolled as a black mage and Ranger it breezed through, if you wanted to level quick, you had to be a paladin/red mage//Ranger/Black mage, the rest good luck.

I remember cancelling my account after a week of that.

Pretty sad...the server is "very heavy" too; but as a DPS on a Friday night waiting 30 minutes to run a flashpoint is very disappointing to say the least.

Still waiting...I think i'll log if it gets to 45 minutes.

POT5 btw

30m isn't bad... I saw the adverts on fleet when I was there. Try getting things going for a pug 8-man op. I'd kill if I could get them done in 30 mins.

My apologies OP... it is getting late and I need some coffee but... So what? Besides a shortage of tanks and healers, not many peeps care to run lowbie flashpoints for their alts. The loot drops aren't that great, pugging a run is a crap shoot, and earning creds or xp outside of the fp is a breeze.

So... there you are. I recommend you get some guildies together, group up and knock it out. If you are mainly interested in the drops, a speed run with a 50 will pay out nicely with a minimal time investment.

actually it seems like when I log on to my healer there is not enough tanks. And when I log onto my tank there is not enough healers.

And god forbid there is horrible players especially tanks. I have had a break from this game for more than a year and there are people with 4-5 level 50s (they claim) still they can hardly tank Hammerstation.

I do not know if this is correct but I guess.

70% of the player base are dps.

20 % of the player base re tanks

and 10 % are healers

If the fleet has 200 players then 20 should be healers. If you go to fleet every 5 lvls(difference between flashpoints recomended lvl. Then you should go there 10 times. 20/10=2. So there should be 2 healers trying t do the same flashpoints as you.

There should be 2*2=4 tanks

And lastly 2*7=14 dps. That makes halers very rare and dps not so rare.

and 10 % are healers

Actually, you could probably switch the numbers for heals and tanks. I'm almost positive more people would roll a healer before a tank. Tanks require a lot of responsibility. A lot of attention. Most people that are just casually playing a video game don't care to take on that responsibility. Heals do as well, but not to the degree that tanks do. For six years in WoW, I played a healer almost exclusively. I also tanked some. I don't in this game, but only because I play this game solo mostly. The reason I don't care to roll a healer or tank here is because most people are ungrateful little wastes that think they know more about how to play your way than you do. I can't tell you how many good tanks left a group because the DPS wanted them to play their way. When I tanked, I tanked at my pace, my way. Because I am methodical in my approach to tanking. If they didn't like it, they could leave. If they were dumb enough to kick me, I just pop another quick queue. I love when people think kicking a tank or healer actually hurts them.

and 10 % are healers

If the fleet has 200 players then 20 should be healers. If you go to fleet every 5 lvls(difference between flashpoints recomended lvl. Then you should go there 10 times. 20/10=2. So there should be 2 healers trying t do the same flashpoints as you.

There should be 2*2=4 tanks

And lastly 2*7=14 dps. That makes halers very rare and dps not so rare.

Basically this, though it varies a little. Some days my healers are instantly placed, other days they too have to wait some 15 minutes while my tanks get instantly placed.

The most interresting thing is, that I regularly get grouped with Assassins/Shadows, Sages/Sorcerers, Juggernauts/Guardians, Scoundrels/Operatives, Powertechs/Vanguards and Commando's/Mercenaries who signed up as DPS.

I always think those just have themselves to blame if they complain about long quetimes, since they could spec themselves to be healer/tank capable. In the first two flashpoints, BT/Esseles and Hammer Station even more, since you can get by in those without being actually specced into those roles. The abilities you have around those levels suffice.

Athiss can be done without a single point into a tank or healing tree as well, but it'll be a bit harder. You'll have to use your abilities much more careful there. Not to mention that it helps a lot if all players with AOE abilities start using them where appropriate.

Pretty average for a GF. However, WoW has gotten a lot lower with queues. Even with thousands of DPS. I want cross server but people disagree for some reason. It's like they don't want to play with the other servers. I like meeting new people, that's just me though.

I think there are two factors to the long queue times and you guys have stated a good one but you are missing another big reason.

A vast majority of people playing this game don't want to group and flat out won't group. A lot of people tend to skip the flashpoints and the planet group quests. They just don't care to do them. Time and time again I have seen plenty of people around my level range in an area that just don't do the group quests.

This game is designed for the super casual anti social player and that is the way it will continue to be developed with a pinch of raid stuff on the side.

I think there are two factors to the long queue times and you guys have stated a good one but you are missing another big reason.

A vast majority of people playing this game don't want to group and flat out won't group. A lot of people tend to skip the flashpoints and the planet group quests. They just don't care to do them. Time and time again I have seen plenty of people around my level range in an area that just don't do the group quests.

This game is designed for the super casual anti social player and that is the way it will continue to be developed with a pinch of raid stuff on the side.

There's not many people required for a flashpoint group however, so a lot of people skipping them, doesn't make a real difference. As long as there's at least 4 queued up. The problem is just that the ratio's in MMO's are vastly off.

The same goes for example with guild applicants and such, if I'd throw a ratio into it, the following is what we see:

2 ~ 3 Tanks / 4 ~ 5 Healers / 17 ~ 19 DPS

It's as if people are stuck into the roll requirements which were needed for 25 man raiding in WoW, once started as a DPS, and never been willing to step away from that anymore.

You can have 12 people queueing up that way for a flashpoint, but if all 12 are DPS, nothing is going to happen still, even though figures for 3 flashpoints, are there. Like the OP you may even be on the top of the list in that case, but if there's simply no tank or healer in the bracket, that doesn't matter.

Pretty average for a GF. However, WoW has gotten a lot lower with queues. Even with thousands of DPS. I want cross server but people disagree for some reason. It's like they don't want to play with the other servers. I like meeting new people, that's just me though.

Simply because cross-server doesn't help. Instead of 2-3 tanks to share with 15 DPS, you'll get 10-15 tanks to share with 75 DPS. Avarage queue time will remain the same.

And while it's nice to meet new people, those other players in a cross-server group will remain more anonymous than players from your own server, with less holding them back to disbehave and only demand from you, not even remotely caring about what they could add themselves, not the slightest bit worried when their DPS warrior grabs the shield from under the nose of the tank, since they'll never see those players again anyway, and they won't be on their server to warn others either.

The quality of the community in WoW certainly took a steep dive when they implemented cross-server battlegrounds, and it got only worse when cross-server instances were added as well.

If Bioware ever wants to introduce cross-server-whatevers, then I'd suggest them to implement it on only a small batch of servers, and give all players the opportunity to either move their characters to or move their characters out of those servers. Making it optional does NOT work. Players who do want X-server take themselves out of the same-server group list, making it only harder for those players to form their own groups, and forcing them to use X-server. It simply isn't optional. It's there, and you use it, or it's not, and you won't miss it. The only way to make it optional is by allowing the players to either choose to play on a server with X-server capability, or play on a server completely without that functionality.

Simply because cross-server doesn't help. Instead of 2-3 tanks to share with 15 DPS, you'll get 10-15 tanks to share with 75 DPS. Avarage queue time will remain the same.

And while it's nice to meet new people, those other players in a cross-server group will remain more anonymous than players from your own server, with less holding them back to disbehave and only demand from you, not even remotely caring about what they could add themselves, not the slightest bit worried when their DPS warrior grabs the shield from under the nose of the tank, since they'll never see those players again anyway, and they won't be on their server to warn others either.

The quality of the community in WoW certainly took a steep dive when they implemented cross-server battlegrounds, and it got only worse when cross-server instances were added as well.

If Bioware ever wants to introduce cross-server-whatevers, then I'd suggest them to implement it on only a small batch of servers, and give all players the opportunity to either move their characters to or move their characters out of those servers. Making it optional does NOT work. Players who do want X-server take themselves out of the same-server group list, making it only harder for those players to form their own groups, and forcing them to use X-server. It simply isn't optional. It's there, and you use it, or it's not, and you won't miss it. The only way to make it optional is by allowing the players to either choose to play on a server with X-server capability, or play on a server completely without that functionality.

What personally I believe they ought to do is introduce cross-server grouping with cross-server friending. That way you can expand your pool of friendly players if you run across them in instances, throw them on your friends list, and later on arrange new runs with them.

As opposed to how WoW works (or worked?) by being able to play with them, having a good time, but just to never see each other again.

In my own experience I don't believe the number of tards is any higher if looking cross-server or just on the own server, I think it just become more obvious as the friendly guys never become someone who you can easily regroup up with later on to run new instances with.