For all you who are canceling your Pre-orders.

Cleagane

Dude so funny!

But just using simple math, if on 4 waves in one day hasn't gotten us past July 30th common sense dictates that if you preordered after November 1st the early access is futile for those people! They should cancel their preorders and just try to get in on the retail.

Dude so funny!

But just using simple math, if on 4 waves in one day hasn't gotten us past July 30th common sense dictates that if you preordered after November 1st the early access is futile for those people! They should cancel their preorders and just try to get in on the retail.

I didnt order till October but im keeping mine because we dont know when we will get in and making assumptions doesnt help anyone. What if you cancel and you you would have gotten in on the 15th?

Dude so funny!

Fail, like 99% of everyone else's assumptions. People don't seem to think about that most people registered in July, which means when they have invited everyone from July, the rest will go fast. Maybe like 70% of all pre-orders was in July, that means if they invite everyone from July by tomorrow, we ALL might play tomorrow or the day after... but everyone just assume each month worth of pre-orders = 4 waves and 4 waves = 1 day.

So, maybe 7 waves (3 more that is) might be needed to invite all July pre-orders. Then 7 more or so to get everyone else up to NOW.

Bah!

Edited by IronclawFTW

Not necessarily.

Think of preorders as water in a hose, where the hose starts with a knot in it. When you first release the knot (announce the beginning of preorders) the water pressure that is backed up will force the water out at a much faster rate (people will preorder very quickly the first few days-weeks) then, when it slows back to a normal amount of pressure, the water flows normally (pre-orders come in at a fairly average rate, with small fluctuations).

If you think of it that way, it's easy to see why they have only done 4 days or so worth or preorders so far. As the preorders-just-opened congestion clears out, we will start weeing a wider range of dates per wave.

Fail, like 99% of everyone else's assumptions. People don't seem to think about that most people registered in July, which means when they have invited everyone from July, the rest will go fast. Maybe like 70% of all pre-orders was in July, that means if they invite everyone from July by tomorrow, we ALL might play tomorrow or the day after... but everyone just assume each month worth of pre-orders = 4 waves and 4 waves = 1 day.

So, maybe 7 waves (3 more that is) might be needed to invite all July pre-orders. Then 7 more or so to get everyone else up to NOW.

Bah!

Well said, although your text hurt my eyes lol.

ofcourse I disapprove the caps and all.... but excellent point. The majority of all preorders were in the first few days. Once those are passed it should pick up speed.

for now it's just a lot of whining while the original early acces date hasn't even been reached. For all we know everyone might be able to play the 15th

they already stated july preorders where high. they said after they get past the july 30th preorders then more dates would be added. besides how do you know they got to july30th anyways this past wave. they said they have 1 more wave IMO they should do 2 more 1 at 5 and another and 7ish

ofcourse I disapprove the caps and all.... but excellent point. The majority of all preorders were in the first few days. Once those are passed it should pick up speed.

for now it's just a lot of whining while the original early acces date hasn't even been reached. For all we know everyone might be able to play the 15th

Thats what im hoping but i wont hold my breath. Because it seems that holding your breath turns you into and unstopable pile of nerd rage on these forums lol.

Well said, although your text hurt my eyes lol.

Sorry, but had to make sure people READ/SAW it, as people are complaing about this all the time and don't use their BRAIN.

Same goes for those who complain about servers being light/medium, that's because servers have a cap, when that cap is reached, it's FULL, then when they release another wave, they RAISE that cap on each server to allow more players to get in, temporarily making them go from FULL to light/medium. But people just don't think about this either and complain how the servers are not full and why they can't join etc.

Edited by IronclawFTW

medium server load on the first day of EGA, while most people are probably still at work. Yea, we should totally open the floodgates (sarcasm in case anyone didn't catch that).

The point of the EGA isn't just to keep server load down, but to spread out people coming into the starting zones. I for one would rather not be standing next to 30 other Sith Warriors and inquisitors waiting for a single quest mob to re-spawn. That was the single most annoying part of any new release in WoW's history and I'm thankful for BioWare's clairvoyance in this case.

Edited by Sindrax

medium server load on the first day of EGA, while most people are probably still at work. Yea, we should totally open the floodgates (sarcasm in case anyone didn't catch that).

The point of the EGA isn't just to keep server load down, but to spread out people coming into the starting zones. I for one would rather not be standing next to 30 other Sith Warriors and inquisitors waiting for a single quest mob to re-spawn. That was the single most annoying part of any new release in WoW's history and I'm thankful for BioWare's clairvoyance in this case.

An excellent point good sir

Dude so funny!

Get some facts my man.

In the short amount of time you could pre-order the game in July, a little over 25% of the pre-orders were bought (based on later Nov. numbers.) That being said, if theyre almost done with the july pre-orders, then theyve almost allowed 25% of the pre-orders in EA.

Not to mention the fact that many of the EA emails sent were sent to those at work or school. They have stopped waves to ensure that the servers arent overloaded during primetime hours. If all goes well tonight, expect even more invites tomorrow.

You do know if they were to cancel the code stays on their account this is so people had the option of upgrading, so if they cancel the preorder go buy a disk from the shop they will still get early access. so who is your joke on exactly?

Im talking about the people who say they are canceling because they feel cheated not getting into EGA first thing this morning. Which means if they actually follow through with that (most probably wont) we most likely wont be seeing them again. Another bites the dust.