How can I find modification stations?

markcymru

It should also be noted that the mod stations are pointless and not needed unless you are trying to use augment kits.

For all other mods you can mod your gear w/o the need for the table. Just ctrl-click (i forget if it's left or right, but the tool tip of the item will tell you) and it will open up the window for changing mods on that piece of equipment.

But mostly the Modifcation Stations are found in the Crew Skills section.
This is a big help. I'll try it tonight. Many, many thanks ! You're a sweetie!

I guess it might have been more useful to ask this in the General chat of your server.
OMG!

OMG!

Abuse, rudeness, general drivel! I never look at it.

Did I say OMG ? :eek:

Your map......

It has a clickable field for mod stations.

That'd be the perfect answer... if it worked.

In practice, mod stations only show up on your map when you're nearby, so unless you know the area to look, you'll never see them... unless you just get lucky.

Thus, people asking where to find them is a perfectly reasonable question. If the map actually showed them from a distance, like it does for trainers or taxis, then we could dismiss people with comments like "Use your map".

That'd be the perfect answer... if it worked.

In practice, mod stations only show up on your map when you're nearby, so unless you know the area to look, you'll never see them... unless you just get lucky.

Thus, people asking where to find them is a perfectly reasonable question. If the map actually showed them from a distance, like it does for trainers or taxis, then we could dismiss people with comments like "Use your map".

Where did you see me say it was an "unreasonable question?" Truth be told though, I have lost track of the number of times people have asked questions like "where's my trainer at?" without even looking at the map. Especially when they don't give complete information such as "Where's the Trooper trainer at?". Often times after saying read the map we get to the root of the issue, IE not knowing how to properly use the map. Not necessarily the case here, but I have seen it enough anecdotally to not rule it out either.myself I'd rather spend five minutes explaining to someone how to use the map than 30 seconds just leading their reins. But then I'll still only do that typically if they say "yeah I'm not sure how, can you teach me how?" because I'm not going to waste my time on someone who won't even try.

Ok rant done, with that said TL;DR version - A lot of people don't use the tools available to them first, but if they have at least tried to help themselves then I'm willing to invest some more time to help.