Cartel Packs

Tealamek

Please make the items that are obtained from cartel packs as individual items for sale on the market. There is no point for the Cartel Packs other then a money grab from the player base. There is already 4 on the market all offer unique items and at some point there will be 5 ... 6... 7 and so on, at what point does it stop? What is your long term plan for the Cartel packs?

In my opinion I think you would make more money on the market if you sold all items individually and do away with the Cartel Packs. I have 12 characters and there is some items I would like for all 12 of my characters, however, I refuse to open cartel packs to get them. But I would buy those items that are only in the Cartel Packs for all 12 of my characters, if they were individually sold on the market. Some would say, buy them off the GTN and I have. However, the older cartel pack items are drying up because no one is opening the packs and posting the items for sale.

All I want to do is enjoy the game and to me that is buying specifically what I want and not buying a Cartel Pack that is more often full of random JUNK (emote, companion gift, crew skill items, toy, powerups, pet or title), then what I am looking for ( armor (plus it is not the entire set, just a piece of the set), weapon or speeder).

As a Sub I do like the cartel market and will support the game by buying items, however, I see the Cartel Packs as nothing short of a way to take advantage of the players ........

Bioware/EA , it is not the players fault that you all made poor choices that resulted in loosing a large amout of the Sub player base. So live with it and stop trying to nickle and dime the players who have stuck around.

Thanks

Please make the items that are obtained from cartel packs as individual items for sale on the market. There is no point for the Cartel Packs other then a money grab from the player base. There is already 4 on the market all offer unique items and at some point there will be 5 ... 6... 7 and so on, at what point does it stop? What is your long term plan for the Cartel packs?

In my opinion I think you would make more money on the market if you sold all items individually and do away with the Cartel Packs. I have 12 characters and there is some items I would like for all 12 of my characters, however, I refuse to open cartel packs to get them. But I would buy those items that are only in the Cartel Packs for all 12 of my characters, if they were individually sold on the market. Some would say, buy them off the GTN and I have. However, the older cartel pack items are drying up because no one is opening the packs and posting the items for sale.

All I want to do is enjoy the game and to me that is buying specifically what I want and not buying a Cartel Pack that is more often full of random JUNK (emote, companion gift, crew skill items, toy, powerups, pet or title), then what I am looking for ( armor (plus it is not the entire set, just a piece of the set), weapon or speeder).

As a Sub I do like the cartel market and will support the game by buying items, however, I see the Cartel Packs as nothing short of a way to take advantage of the players ........

Bioware/EA , it is not the players fault that you all made poor choices that resulted in loosing a large amout of the Sub player base. So live with it and stop trying to nickle and dime the players who have stuck around.

Thanks

Just gonna say, new packs have chance to drop old pack items.

I agree with you on this, I would love for them to put individual items for older cartel packs up for sale. I do try and buy and old pack now and then but I keep getting the same junk out of them that doesn't sell well, which makes me want to buy them less and less.

I think it would be in their interest to do this with items after a certain period of time.

They say they are planning on adding one new cartel pack per month - people will probably use their CCs to purchase the latest pack - so the older ones wont sell as well - this would be when they should add the individual items to the CM direct for CCs so they would still be making money off the older items.

The dedicated players would want to have the rare stuff first - so the new packs would sell straight away and the players who are willing to wait, say, after a 6 month period, will get the exact items then want.

I can't see any downside to them adding the items to the CM at that stage.

At the moment I have nearly 3000 CCs (from my sub and security key allowance) but I refuse to buy the packs and there is nothing I really want in the CM - but if pack items were put up individually I might be even inclined to purchase extra CCs to get the items I would like from the packs.

Agreed, OP. Cartel Packs are like a slap in the face to Star Wars gamers like me. BW would honestly make more money(and not lose so many customers) if they made each individual item purchasable. And please listen to customer feedback developers. I've seen tons of these kinds of threads and no response from any of you about it. :(

I am done with those packs, was never a huge fan of the idea, but I don't going to buy any more of those packs. Unless BioWare makes packs that only contain pets or mounts or outfits, so that I can buy a pack and know that I get a certain type of stuff, instead of this total crap every time.

Thanks

Hell yeah! While were at it, lets uhm just say goodbye to the word "rare" and "unique" while were at it.!

I think a better idea is for them to have a special like if you buy like10 or some high number packs you can pick one items out the pack that you want. Thus, if you really want it you can buy a lot of cartel packs, which guarantees you will get the item you want. BW is happy cause people are buying large quantities of packs and the buyer is happy cause he got what he wanted. Although it would be pricy for the consumer, but your guarantee to get the item you want.

Also like to add that over time there might be so many packs that the items in the packs will start to become more rare. You already starting to see prices climb on my server for some of the more rare items. I presume that over time the lesser rare items will become more rare and prices will increase. Finally, the xp boost would sell better if it would stack with rest xp. Edited by Knockerz

I am done with those packs, was never a huge fan of the idea, but I don't going to buy any more of those packs. Unless BioWare makes packs that only contain pets or mounts or outfits, so that I can buy a pack and know that I get a certain type of stuff, instead of this total crap every time.

Exactly, those packs are almost $4 a pop and more often than not contain total crap? It's just not worth it, especially if you look at the gtn and see the credit value is usually extremely low for 95% of it. Just not worth it to buy the packs imo.

Like everyone else, I'd love to be able to get the things I want and not random stuff that most of the time are useless.

However, there is very little chance that this will change, for two very simple reasons:

1) They are a huge hit.

I don't pretend to have any numbers to base that on but the sound of people opening cartel packs is non-stop at the fleet. It's quickly becoming the new "welcome back, master" from the ship droid - both in terms of how annoying and how often that was.

Plus, Packs are the gift that keeps on giving for Bioware. You spend real money on a chance to get an item that you want, and although many will stop after a few packs or not even bother buying them with Cartel Coins but instead use in-game credits to get them from the GTN, others will keep on buying them until they get what they want.

2) When items become easy to get, they lose a big part of their appeal.

Don't get me wrong, I personally will still like my white crystal no matter how many people have it, but the truth is that people want to look/feel/seem special. When you make things available to every single player, there is no reason for those that would buy a huge number of cartel packs just to find that hard-to-get item to continue buying them. They'll buy 1-2 items they like initially and never bother with the cartel market again because they'll know that even if they bought the ultimate-uber-special item it would still be available to everyone. Also, that way the items that generate the most profit for the "GTN players" would start to slowly lose their value and you would end up seeing things that are selling for 15$ on the Cartel Market going for 100k. So in the long run, people who make credits this way would lose interest and the Cartel Market would die.

Edited by TheNahash

Also, allow us to vendor cartel items at reasonable prices. The suggested prices, on GTN, for speeders are +100K and I think the vednors are offering something like +20K for them but we cant vendor them. Instead we have to sell them for 2K on GTN. It would have been nice with some credit guarantee on cartel stuff since we're paying real money for it. It would also keep the items somewhat rare since people would rather vendor them than sell them for 1/10th of the price.

I agree with you on this, I would love for them to put individual items for older cartel packs up for sale. I do try and buy and old pack now and then but I keep getting the same junk out of them that doesn't sell well, which makes me want to buy them less and less.

This would be best. I think they should work on a 3 - 6 month cycle. After a new pack has been on for 3, 4, 5 or 6 months make the main items available in that pack a Cartel purchase. This way early adopters, like myself, will spend the money to buy and open packs to get the items, and the people who just want the item for themselves, if they’re willing to wait will buy them on the GTN or the cartel shop.

I have no problems spending $100+ a month on packs to get what I want from them, whether it be items or credits from sales of packs or the items from a pack. But if they’re going to just keep adding a new pack each month and not de-post the very old ones it’s going to create its own problems.

Why dont they just make all the Armor, mounts and high value stuff without a "bind" i.e BOE / BOP. Then make the older Cartel packs obsolete. You could then of course transfer the lets say Revan's Gear to another toon or re-sale on the GTN at a later date. Once the Cartel pack that the item came in is no longer obtainable these items would be in high demand as "Rare", plus the individual owners could make credits back on "old items" not wanted anymore, and Collectors could well collect rare items to show off months from now. Just a thought and would maybe boost the economy as well on high value items that are Rare...

I like the idea of the Cartel Packs and I have as well supported the game by buying a few. I have been rather disappointed that I have never received Revan's Mask or anything like that, as such I do not buy them anymore as I agree its like paying real cash for in game junk that I cant even unload on to an NPC vendor as trash.

Thanks

The whole purpose of cartel packs is gambling. It's how MMOs and f2p games make their $$$. Blacklight Retribution has chance packs & heard of people blowing $300-$500 trying to score the rares. Why in the world would they sell something out of it? Even then Blacklight decided to sell some of the Hero characters out of the chance pack after they had been out a while for $20 but you had to get the chance packs if you wanted the premium skins. It's all about the money.

Agreed, OP. Cartel Packs are like a slap in the face to Star Wars gamers like me. BW would honestly make more money(and not lose so many customers) if they made each individual item purchasable. And please listen to customer feedback developers. I've seen tons of these kinds of threads and no response from any of you about it. :(

If that were true, they wouldn't do it. No F2P developer would. The fact is they make a killing off these things.

if only we could sell Cartel Pack junk at a vendor it would make the pain of getting the same junk from every Cartel Pack less.

THIS!!!!

I have pages of crap that won't sell on the GTN but I don't want to destroy, just seems a waste. Don't care if the sell amount is crap, just pointless to just destroy it.

There is a lot of good points and I do not disagree with any. I think that if you love to spend lots of money a month on the packs, then good for you. Seems like a waste though since it is just digital 1's and 0's in a computer, you should get what you pay for. I also think that the content on the cartel market should be equally available as in game content and it is not. Hence the advertised packs that state only available on the cartel market. I also believe that we should be able to purchase anything we want individually.

The random packs could stay, because for less coins you have a random chance to get a "bunch of items" for a low price. Where if I bought a speeder then that individual item could be 1200 credits or it can also have a random drop chance in game through a FP or OP.

There is plenty of ways to make all the different players from f2p to subs feel like they have an equal chance at a item.

My point is BW/EA (not sure which) have poor judgment and do not seem to understand how to keep a player base. Because of EA's greedy ways and how they ruin games for the fast cash, I stopped buying any game they produced years ago. Only reason I bought this was because of Bioware and Starwars.

However, (I am sure I am not only one) I plan on giving this Cartel Market some time to work itself out. But If I do not see them offering what they put on the Cartel Market as "individual items", "packs" and in-game content. Then I for one will be done with this game and move on to something else.

Hopefully they have learned and are listening to the current player base. If not, I will tell you now, they will lose more Subs, be left with F2P and never make their money back they invested in this game. It is simple economics (maybe they need to take some courses) but you need to keep the customer happy with a quality product or you are done.

After hearing some feedback, then I say why not keep the packs, but why not have the packs sell for 360 with a chances at getting many items, also offer individual sale of those items at a higher cost and put those items in game.

As for those that are all about being unique, good for you, however, I don't care what you do or do not have it is what I am interested in.

Thanks

Edited by Tealamek