Will companions have any dialog in RotHC?

Oxades

I know that the story is a planet mission and not a class story and that companions don’t speak in planet mission, but I haven’t heard if it will be different in RotHC. In fact I have heard anything about companions in RotHC. My guess is that they will act just like they do in a planet mission but that is just a guess. Edited by Oxades

I agree, they will act more like they do in FP's, just a change of affection, and even that it wont do much if you have already completed the comps side quests which is sad really, but would be nice if they surprised us with a little something just for the comps

I hope they have dialogue! Otherwise it would feel a little... lacking. I mean, if you have your spouse with you and you start flirting on Makeb, will they just be quiet?

I hope they divorce you for it.:mad: Ok, that’s a little extreme, but yes I do want to see them react.

There are some missions where your companions do talk (HK-51 in FE, Vette makes a joke in one of the lowbie fps...) but not that much. Hopefully this will not be the case for Makeb.

That HK-51 bit was the only thing from when the game launched (HK-51 was in Beta). So he actually has nothing between that one time and if you get his affection to X parts.

But yes I would like to see more interactions. I'm tired of my companions just standing around when I'm on my Commando.

There are some missions where your companions do talk (HK-51 in FE, Vette makes a joke in one of the lowbie fps...) but not that much. Hopefully this will not be the case for Makeb.

Wait what? As far as I know companion exclusively one have scripted reaction during class quests and remain silent (but may still earn or lose affection in everything else) She actually talks in flashpoints?

As for companions talking in Makeb I'm absolutely positive that they won't speak.

Edited by Lionflash

Normally I'd be very doubtful about new companion content in RotHC, but in the State of the Game note they put out Hickman said:

"Overall, we’re aiming to introduce a more diverse array of activities – more stuff to do with your Companion..."

If they've got more companion content planned at all, then they've probably got the Voice Actors in the studio recording dialogue.

Even if he's not talking about RotHC content specifically when he said that, if they've got them doing new recordings I would expect they'd take advantage of having them on hand to add stuff for the expansion too.

Wait what? As far as I know companion exclusively one have scripted reaction during class quests and remain silent (but may still earn or lose affection in everything else) She actually talks in flashpoints?

As for companions talking in Makeb I'm absolutely positive that they won't speak.

Not flashpoints, but there are some class missions where companions will make a comment as you're moving through it outside of cutscenes. There are also a ton of location based comments that come up as you level. Here's a sample we've been putting together: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=524468

My guess is that they'll at least have these location type comments, but I hope there are more than that.

Are the voice actors for all of the companions under contract? BW would get flack if only a few classes get more companion dialog so it's probably an all-or-nothing deal: my guess is the latter unless every class has at least one companion actor for each class locked in. Then again, they may have done the dialog for Makeb before the game released if they were planning ahead back when the gang was together and before they found out Voice acting wasn't going to be a massive draw.

Normally I'd be very doubtful about new companion content in RotHC, but in the State of the Game note they put out Hickman said:

"Overall, we’re aiming to introduce a more diverse array of activities – more stuff to do with your Companion..."

If they've got more companion content planned at all, then they've probably got the Voice Actors in the studio recording dialogue.

Even if he's not talking about RotHC content specifically when he said that, if they've got them doing new recordings I would expect they'd take advantage of having them on hand to add stuff for the expansion too.

Allow me to translate PR speak for you. What he is actually saying is more solo content but hey going solo is why we put companions in the game.

Not flashpoints, but there are some class missions where companions will make a comment as you're moving through it outside of cutscenes. There are also a ton of location based comments that come up as you level. Here's a sample we've been putting together: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=524468

My guess is that they'll at least have these location type comments, but I hope there are more than that.

A yes, they do have that [AREA: Dialogue]

Unfortunately, (an oversight on BW's part), you don't hear them when on your mount. A shame.

Did you know that almost every quest giver/NPC you talk to can be clicked before and after the cutscene you have with them and they have more things to say? There must be hours of NPC dialogue I've missed because I only just realised... now I click every NPC after I'm done talking with them as I head for the exit.

A yes, they do have that [AREA: Dialogue]

Unfortunately, (an oversight on BW's part), you don't hear them when on your mount. A shame.

Did you know that almost every quest giver/NPC you talk to can be clicked before and after the cutscene you have with them and they have more things to say? There must be hours of NPC dialogue I've missed because I only just realised... now I click every NPC after I'm done talking with them as I head for the exit.

I haven't done that regularly, although I have clicked on a couple npcs just cause they're fun and have seen that they have more to say.

JC spoilers:

The npcs on the JC ship, especially, click those guys if you're leveling a JC.

Belsavis Pub spoilers:

And the Sith you run into towards the end of Belsavis on the Republic side.

Hadn't realized it was widespread. I will have to do this more often :)