Grade 7 space gear prices reduced. Is that it, then? No refund?

Felioats

New Grade 7 Ship Armour price is 200k, it was previously 300k.

So let's assume someone bought 8 (hey, there's a couple thousand of us with +8 level 50 toons). And thus spent 2.4M. Under the new price we'd have spent 1.6M. Yeah, That's 800k that several thousand people would like back please and thank you very much.

New Grade 7 Ship Armour price is 200k, it was previously 300k.

So let's assume someone bought 8 (hey, there's a couple thousand of us with +8 level 50 toons). And thus spent 2.4M. Under the new price we'd have spent 1.6M. Yeah, That's 800k that several thousand people would like back please and thank you very much.

Hypothetically, let's say those same ship armors were 200k originally. BW decides that price is too cheap for the benefit the armor provides and raises the price to 300k. Are you saying that you would pay the extra 800k to reflect the new price? I doubt many would be willing to pay the difference.

If you would not be willing to pay the extra if the price were raised, why do you feel that you deserve a refund when the price is lowered?

Edited by Ratajack

Hypothetically, let's say those same ship armors were 200k originally. BW decides that price is too cheap for the benefit the armor provides and raises the price to 300k. Are you saying that you would pay the extra 800k to reflect the new price? I doubt many would be willing to pay the difference.

If you would not be willing to pay the extra if the price were raised, why do you feel that you deserve a refund when the price is lowered?

It's not that they lowered the price as some sort of sale (bought a game recently for $60 and found it on sale later for $20) it's that they admitted their Grade 7 Starship parts were P2W and promised to fix it. Well, fixing the P2W via changing the prices means they weren't price right and thus we shouldn't be penalized for them overpricing the in-game market in comparison to the CM. It's not merely a matter of costs, it's that as long as those credits aren't refunded then BW is still guilty of P2W in select cases.

P.S: Then again my GM would slit my throat (and then he'd really get to work on me) if I undid his pre-nerf slicing fortune, lucky SoB made 60 million off slicing prior to nerfs.

They reduced the prices of things after a while- this happens pretty much all the time in all mmos... they never give refunds. What bothers me is that space missions are going from giving 12k credits to something like 1.5k credits... like, c'mon guys, space missions weren't so popular that they were inflating the markets or anything.

Still- we got a few weeks worth of doing space missions already- it's no different from when a new gear set comes out really and they lower the last gear set...

Besides- this is something people were asking for for a while now.

It's because of BOTers running the space missions 24/7, it's why they nerfed them before too. Unfortunately the spoil it for everyone. :(

It's not that they lowered the price as some sort of sale (bought a game recently for $60 and found it on sale later for $20) it's that they admitted their Grade 7 Starship parts were P2W and promised to fix it. Well, fixing the P2W via changing the prices means they weren't price right and thus we shouldn't be penalized for them overpricing the in-game market in comparison to the CM. It's not merely a matter of costs, it's that as long as those credits aren't refunded then BW is still guilty of P2W in select cases.

P.S: Then again my GM would slit my throat (and then he'd really get to work on me) if I undid his pre-nerf slicing fortune, lucky SoB made 60 million off slicing prior to nerfs.

Good point. How many people would be willing to give up the credits they made before they changed slicing? How many would be willing to give up a benefit that was lost based on any change BW made?

You unsubbed because they didn't refund your space money?! LOL!!!!!

I unsubbed because I feel the situation was handled carelessly and unfairly. It diminished my trust and confidence in the development and customer service teams.

I'm owed 300 fleet commendations, 50 daily commendations and 100k credits. The credits don't concern me so much, I could grumble about it and get over it, but the commendations are quite a bit harder to reacquire.

And being scammed out of them stings, yeah. If you're OK paying people to disrespect you, go right ahead, but I'm not.