Grade 7 space gear prices reduced. Is that it, then? No refund?

Felioats

There was a miscommunication on how difficult the Grade 7 space gear was supposed to be to obtain, and the blowback was exacerbated by the gear being listed comparatively cheap in the Cartel Market.

But a solution was coming:

We are currently looking at solutions that cause the least amount of frustration for all players affected, while keeping the integrity of both the Cartel Market and the game intact.

I want to reiterate that we are actively looking at solutions and they will be communicated to you as soon as we have a solid plan.

Then, in today's update:

The costs for Grade 7 ship upgrades available from the Fleet vendor, Daily vendor, and Starship Upgrades credit vendor have been reduced.

I have to say, I was hoping Bioware would run some sort of script through the logs to identify who bought the upgrades at the inflated prices and issue refunds.

But this could only be Part 1 of the fix; something to simply correct the error and prevent any more overpriced purchases from being made while a more retroactive solution is found. Are solutions still being investigated/worked on?

They reduced the prices of things after a while- this happens pretty much all the time in all mmos... they never give refunds. What bothers me is that space missions are going from giving 12k credits to something like 1.5k credits... like, c'mon guys, space missions weren't so popular that they were inflating the markets or anything.

Still- we got a few weeks worth of doing space missions already- it's no different from when a new gear set comes out really and they lower the last gear set...

Besides- this is something people were asking for for a while now.

If you are referring to the Prices on the Galactic Trade Network then those are created by the Players and so there wouldn't be any refunds.

If you are referring to the Prices on the Cartel Market, then why would you think that you would get a refund for this when they've reduced the price on other things (iirc) and people weren't granted Refunds then.

If you are referring to the Prices on the Cartel Market, then why would you think that you would get a refund for this when they've reduced the price on other things (iirc) and people weren't granted Refunds then.

I'm referring to the commendation/credit costs that were reduced because the original prices were a mistake.

To my knowledge, the commendation cost for a group of items was reduced once before, but it was on the test server, which is openly stated as "play at your own risk."

And I think when we're told solutions are being considered and worked on, that suggests there will be more than an after-the-fact markdown.

Edited by Felioats

The only real people that got screwed over by the Ship parts being on the cartel markets are the crafters (me included), spending 2100 fleet comms (which is hrs of grinding) for the schematics. Then having to pay 1 mill in matts to craft a part, then be able to sell for 15K on the GTN… W.T.F., the only thing I got from getting the schematics was screwed. And there was no warning the parts would be in the cartel market, otherwise I would have just bought (10) grade 8 crafting boxes and got a 1-2 mill in crafting matts

Only 2 acceptable solutions from BioWare , refund comms for schematics or take the ship parts that can be crafted off the cartel market.

Edited by bobo_fett

The only real people that got screwed over by the Ship parts being on the cartel markets are the crafters (me included), spending 2100 fleet comms (which is hrs of grinding) for the schematics. Then having to pay 1 mill in matts to craft a part, then be able to sell for 15K on the GTN… W.T.F., the only thing I got from getting the schematics was screwed. And there was no warning the parts would be in the cartel market, otherwise I would have just bought (10) grade 8 crafting boxes and got a 1-2 mill in crafting matts

Only 2 acceptable solutions from BioWare , refund comms for schematics or take the ship parts that can be crafted off the cartel market.

actually this happens in the MMO all the time, it's like the colecctor edition, it was 150 dolars 1 year ago but now it's 30 dolars. that is because you got these "piece" before other people so if you think it's fine. and this is fair, because you had these "piece" before other people

ps: this wasn't a bug, they just changed but it wasn't a bug like revan's gear

There was a miscommunication on how difficult the Grade 7 space gear was supposed to be to obtain, and the blowback was exacerbated by the gear being listed comparatively cheap in the Cartel Market.

Then, in today's update:

I have to say, I was hoping Bioware would run some sort of script through the logs to identify who bought the upgrades at the inflated prices and issue refunds.

But this could only be Part 1 of the fix; something to simply correct the error and prevent any more overpriced purchases from being made while a more retroactive solution is found. Are solutions still being investigated/worked on?

actually this happens in the MMO all the time, it's like the colecctor edition, it was 150 dolars 1 year ago but now it's 30 dolars. that is because you got these "piece" before other people so if you think it's fine. and this is fair, because you had these "piece" before other people

ps: this wasn't a bug, they just changed but it wasn't a bug like revan's gear

actually this happens in the MMO all the time, it's like the colecctor edition, it was 150 dolars 1 year ago

What are you talking about, this was on day 1 of the Grade 7 space gear release. If they added to cartel market a month or 2 after, it would have been no issues

They don't need to do either. You speculated that you would be able to get rich by investing in schematics and it did not pay off. Do you expect Wall Street to issue a refund if your stock investment goes south?

There's a pretty big difference between the typical price drops you guys are talking about and the situation with these Grade 7 ship parts and schematics. How this request has met with opposition is anyone's guess and just testament to how dysfunctional the internet is.

If you can't except to make profit off schematics, then that is the point.. really? So if you can buy endgame pvp & pve gear from cartel maket, that would be ok with you?

The point is that not all "investments" pay off. You made an "investment" that did not pay off. Excrement occurs sometimes.

My guess is that the devs setting the crafting material requirements received the same miscommunication on the value of the parts as the devs who set the vendor pricing. When the miscommunication came to light when all the players were in an uproar, they fixed the vendor pricing problem. They just missed fixing the schematic materials problem. The reasonable solution for the crafting schematics would be to drastically reduce the material investment to be more in line with the true value of the items.

The point is that not all "investments" pay off. You made an "investment" that did not pay off. Excrement occurs sometimes.

Did you even read the first post? There is no debate here, Bioware said they made a mistake and will come up with a resolution for all players affected. The OP is pointing out that all players affected have not been giving a resolution. Since crafters are the most affected by this, they should be giving the best resolution. So where does your point fit in here?

Hi everyone,

I've spoken to the design team about the issue of Grade 7 ship upgrades and the cost in game (resources and time) versus the cost on the Cartel Market, since this concern was raised by a number of people on our forums.

Our Lead Designer for the game, Damion Schubert, has this to say:

Unfortunately, there is, in fact, a great disparity between these two costs. We want to apologize for this, as there was a miscommunication internally on how valuable these upgrades were, how challenging they should be to earn, and how fast a player should be able to earn them.

We are currently looking at solutions that cause the least amount of frustration for all players affected, while keeping the integrity of both the Cartel Market and the game intact.

There's a pretty big difference between the typical price drops you guys are talking about and the situation with these Grade 7 ship parts and schematics. How this request has met with opposition is anyone's guess and just testament to how dysfunctional the internet is.

I've learned that no one wants anyone to get anything. Someone else getting something that makes them happy is offensive to them. If a problem didn't affect them, they don't want it to be fixed.

My guess is that the devs setting the crafting material requirements received the same miscommunication on the value of the parts as the devs who set the vendor pricing. When the miscommunication came to light when all the players were in an uproar, they fixed the vendor pricing problem. They just missed fixing the schematic materials problem. The reasonable solution for the crafting schematics would be to drastically reduce the material investment to be more in line with the true value of the items.

Good point, crafters may need material refunds, too.

As for all the folks talking about it being the players' fault for buying the items. No. Bioware screwed up the pricing. It is not the responsibility of the players to predict when and where Bioware is going to screw up. It is Bioware's responsibility to make amends.

Then, in today's update:

Bioware has never refunded credits or comms for an item unless the paid price was a bug. That overinflated price was exorbitant, but not in fact a bug. So, they will never refund the monies paid.

You just pointed at the real issue here. The cost of these ship parts is now quite trivial but for some reason it takes 4 valuable mats to craft them, so what exactly is the point of the schematics when they are clearly not viable solution to obtain the crafted part? Given the price reduction of the final parts these Grade 8 materials should no longer be required.

I've learned that no one wants anyone to get anything. Someone else getting something that makes them happy is offensive to them. If a problem didn't affect them, they don't want it to be fixed.

Good point, crafters may need material refunds, too.

As for all the folks talking about it being the players' fault for buying the items. No. Bioware screwed up the pricing. It is not the responsibility of the players to predict when and where Bioware is going to screw up. It is Bioware's responsibility to make amends.

I can only speak for myself, but my main is a cybertech so I am equally affected by this. I simply realize that even though EA says they made a mistake, that I am not entitled to any refund for credits or commendations spent, nor for mats used. I do not expect a refund money spent to buy a car I bought if the manufacturer decides to lower the cost or for gas used if there is recall to replace a defective part in the fuel system. Why should I expect a refund in this situation?

All of us that spent the comms or credits should have known there is no guarantee of return on our investment.