CSR number is no longer Toll Free = You are paying to be on hold!!

fatninja

They don't have to be toll free honestly. They aren't charging you. The phone company is. What you are asking for is them to eat the cost of YOUR phone call.

I can understand most complaints on this forum even if i don't totally agree with them. But not this one.

Think about this for a second. You have a problem. Hell, let's use a recent example. Let's say you bought some stuff off the Cartel Market. Now, a rollback happens, and you've lost some of your CC's, plus the items you bought.

A company could foot a small monthly fee, and in exchange, customers will be more likely to fix their issues, and stick around. Now, otherwise I assume most will think, "Now I have to spend more time and money on the phone, on hold, while being charged for it... You know what, I dont even care about my items. I'll find another game."

Honestly, I would choose the second option everytime. Bugs, crashes, rollbacks, failure to accept payments, and other things that require Customer Support are already going to frustrate your player base. There's no (good business) reason to had more proverbial straws to the camels back.

Edited by Katsuragisama

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope I don't get account problems. Calling from Finland might not be that cheap when it's already especially annoying due to the time zone difference. Combine that with exceptionally long queue times of 2h-7h, and boom, you've wasted more money than subbing for a year.

I'm sure some of you dont believe this after that hilarious post we had a week or two ago. Well, see for yourselves.

http://www.swtor.com/support/form

The more EAWare continues it's shenanigans, the more I love my signature. :)

Well, considering as my international (European) landline calls are free within my bundle, I couldn't be bothered less about this change. Even if I'd ever call them, it would have never cost me and it still is never going to cost me.

And to be quite honest, I'm surprised the service used to be free to begin with, I actually know of pretty much no other company which does that. Especially not for international calls where calls from certain countries may cost them like 1 buck a minute. That's a crapload of money simply going down the drain, money which could instead have been used well on hiring more support personel to help increase support response times.

by livinig in a country that isnt listed , i have never had a toll free call . I couldnt even buy the game on official site because my country was in red zone. Now I cant use my credit card to subscribe because my country is in red zone instead im using game cards that are more expensive then regular subscription cost i buy from bulk cd key sellers on internet.Probably i wont recieve this months cartel coins because stupid system doesnt treat game card playtime as subscription.

and still i dont qq but you are creating a new thread just for a *********** call fee

This is why economy of western countries are collapsing. People are complaining on every single little detail.

Edited by kijthae

by livinig in a country that isnt listed , i have never had a toll free call . I couldnt even buy the game on official site because my country was in red zone. Now I cant use my credit card to subscribe because my country is in red zone instead im using game cards that are more expensive then regular subscription cost i buy from bulk cd key sellers on internet.Probably i wont recieve this months cartel coins because stupid system doesnt treat game card playtime as subscription.

and still i dont qq but you are creating a new thread just for a *********** call fee

I use game time cards as well, and with those I've always gotten my cartel coins without any problem thus far.

and still i dont qq

*snip*

This is why economy of western countries are collapsing. People are complaining on every single little detail.

I, uh, I hate to sound crazy, but if you aren't receiving your coins that you ought to receive for the game time you paid for... maybe you should complain?

Maybe you should complain a whole lot so they give them to you? It's not the death of western society to complain about not receiving part of the product you paid for...

Edited by Guancyto

At first I was sort of indifferent to this, but then it occurred to me that non-subs aren't able to create in game tickets. And the web form may as well not exist for what good it has ever done. That means if a preferred players has a legitimate issue, they may be forced to spend additional money to fix it.

That is garbage, imo.

I'm sure some of you dont believe this after that hilarious post we had a week or two ago. Well, see for yourselves.

http://www.swtor.com/support/form

The more EAWare continues it's shenanigans, the more I love my signature. :)

You would have a point if you could not just use Skype (or a similar program) and call them free of charge anywhere on the world.

Right now it seems to me as if you are complaining for the sake of having something to complain about.

You would have a point if you could not just use Skype (or a similar program) and call them free of charge anywhere on the world.

Right now it seems to me as if you are complaining for the sake of having something to complain about.

Actually you cant call for free, it will use Skypes Land line rates.

So yes it actually is a valid complaint, as the freaking CS calls often have several hours wait time this becomes more of an issue.

Edited by GrumpySwe

At first I was sort of indifferent to this, but then it occurred to me that non-subs aren't able to create in game tickets. And the web form may as well not exist for what good it has ever done. That means if a preferred players has a legitimate issue, they may be forced to spend additional money to fix it.

That is garbage, imo.

I wonder which countries you all live where company customer services are toll free, as in the Netherlands, it's most definitely not the case. Local costs pretty much always apply, it comes by very rare exception that that's not the case. Better yet, many customer support services even use additional fee systems, making EA with their choice of local rate one of the good guys.

Actually you cant call for free, it will use Skypes Land line rates.

So yes it actually is a valid complaint, as the freaking CS calls often have several hours wait time this becomes more of an issue.

I think you are right!

I assumed the VOIP line would still be free as I had to call them a week ago and my Skype account isn't linked to anything chargeable. But I Cannot find it on the website anymore.

In that case I agree with the complaint.

yes i noticed yersterday soon after the patch and created a thread inmediatly... also today i found several related threads:

similar thread about this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5700493#post5700493

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583575

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583201

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5700445#post5700445

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583420

Edited by YeIIow

I wasn't aware there were even landline providers that still offered "long-distance rates" at least for nationwide calls, both the cable and tele providers here have it rolled into the basic package. Maybe you should be venting some of your rage on your crap telephone provider and make them get with the rest of the country who has free nationwide calling :)

Tickets are still free, they are probably trying to encourage people to place tickets, which are also easier to prioritize and probably faster to process.

Blizzard doesn't even have a CSR number, you can only call for Billing and Tech Support.

That said, if the number isn't toll free any longer they need to add online tools that allow us to manage our own security keys.